Book Talk

No Jane Austen fan? - Page 2

angelirebelli thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
My first Austen, like most of you was Pride and Prejudice. I have read all her books and find her witty. Her female characters are more human when compared to her male characters, who are paragons in one form or another. 

All her books are fab, Emma starts out slow but it isn't as bad. It definitely isn't PnP or SnS but is good on its own. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mehak_kapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by: angelirebelli

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">My first Austen, like most of you was Pride and Prejudice. I have read all her books and find her witty. Her female characters are more human when compared to her male characters, who are paragons in one form or another.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">
</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">All her books are fab, Emma starts out slow but it isn't as bad. It definitely isn't PnP or SnS but is good on its own.</font>

I guess I will start with Emma then 😊
angelirebelli thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mehak_kapoor

Way to go Mehak.. I am sure this is something you wont regret 👍🏼
Edited by angelirebelli - 10 years ago
rekha333 thumbnail
I am a fan of her , i like her novel pride and prejudice
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: mehak_kapoor

Thats a good idea. Emma is actually a very good book and she is widely known to be one of the most flawed characters of Austen's works. Here the main protagonist herself is actually a grey-shaded character; She is likable but at the same time you end up disapproving her in many instances. I just never got around to finishing it as I had already watched the movie versions so the novelty had worn off.
Angel-luvs-s thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Well I have only read pride and prejudice and I liked it
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Did you know this year marks the 200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice? It was published on Jan 28th, 1813. Imagine! 2 centuries running and it is still voted as a favorite around the world! Now thats a feat unmatched!
Perspectives. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: zephyr29

Did you know this year marks the 200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice? It was published on Jan 28th, 1813. Imagine! 2 centuries running and it is still voted as a favorite around the world! Now thats a feat unmatched!

Wow! As they say, good books stand the test of time..and this one definitely does.
angelirebelli thumbnail

Thats a good idea. Emma is actually a very good book and she is widely known to be one of the most flawed characters of Austen's works. Here the main protagonist herself is actually a grey-shaded character; She is likable but at the same time you end up disapproving her in many instances. I just never got around to finishing it as I had already watched the movie versions so the novelty had worn off.

This is happening to me as well.. I am catching up on TV adaptations and I am kinda losing interest in picking those books again. It could also be coz I do not have as much time on me as I used to.. 😕

Having said that, I enjoyed the books and love watching the adaptations. 😳

mehak_kapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Did you know this year marks the 200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice? It was published on Jan 28th, 1813. Imagine! 2 centuries running and itisstill voted as a favorite around the world! Now thats a feat unmatched!

Awww.. 2 centuries is a long long long way to come. Jane Austen's talent will keep her alive