Book Talk

No Jane Austen fan? - Page 3

FrozenRain thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
here...

I read Pride n prejudice n till today tht is my fav book..I have read this so many times n I'm getting a refreshing feeling whenever I read it  n don't get bored at all...I also read Sense n Sensibility and Mansfield Park...But some how I cudn't complete both till today..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: angelirebelli

This is happening to me as well.. I am catching up on TV adaptations and I am kinda losing interest in picking those books again. It could also be coz I do not have as much time on me as I used to.. ðŸ˜•

Having said that, I enjoyed the books and love watching the adaptations. ðŸ˜³

Which is why I'm now steering clear of screen adaptations of books I really want to read. But I do catch up on them once I'm done reading, just to know how its turned out, which most of the times are disappointing. But somehow I have found that with Austen adaptations they come up with amazing screen versions of the books. My particular favorites are the BBC adaptation of Pride & Prejudice and also the 2005 Keira Knightley movie as well, and the 1996 movie Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow as the title character.
mehak_kapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
^I agree. I also try to steer clear of the TV versions of the book I m reading or want to read in near future. I generally prefer books to TV version of it :-)
angelirebelli thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: zephyr29

Which is why I'm now steering clear of screen adaptations of books I really want to read. But I do catch up on them once I'm done reading, just to know how its turned out, which most of the times are disappointing. But somehow I have found that with Austen adaptations they come up with amazing screen versions of the books. My particular favorites are the BBC adaptation of Pride & Prejudice and also the 2005 Keira Knightley movie as well, and the 1996 movie Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow as the title character.

I like the books and I want to see how the adaptations turned out so i give into my temptation.. I am a sucker for period settings.. ðŸ˜³

My absolute fav adaptation of PnP has the be the BBCs with Colin Firth playing Darcy.. BBCs adaptation of Emma was good as well.. 

Coming bac to Austen , I think Persuasion doesn't get enough credit, its another great story.. 
mehak_kapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">I like the books and I want to see how the adaptations turned out so i give into my temptation.. I am a sucker for period settings..😳</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">
</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">My absolute fav adaptation of PnP has the be the BBCs with Colin Firth playing Darcy.. BBCs adaptation of Emma was good as well..</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">
</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">Coming bac to Austen , I think Persuasion doesn't get enough credit, its another great story..</font>

Hey I would love to get your review of persuation. I completed sense and sensibility and it was great too.

Persuation stands where?
zephyr29 thumbnail

I like the books and I want to see how the adaptations turned out so i give into my temptation.. I am a sucker for period settings.. ðŸ˜³

My absolute fav adaptation of PnP has the be the BBCs with Colin Firth playing Darcy.. BBCs adaptation of Emma was good as well.. 

Coming bac to Austen , I think Persuasion doesn't get enough credit, its another great story.. 

I'm a sucker for period too! Just can't seem to stay away from it ðŸ˜†.
Persuasion is one book of Austen I have yet to read. I keep putting it away for later but that later never seems to come. Probably as it was the last novel written by Austen it might also end up being the last novel of hers that I will read. Maybe once I'm done with Emma finally Embarrassed.
angelirebelli thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mehak_kapoor

Hey I would love to get your review of persuation. I completed sense and sensibility and it was great too.

Persuation stands where?

I loved it. I wonder why it isn't talked or discussed as much as her other works its a beautiful story. It has the Austen magic - the setting, the characters, the wit and play of human emotions all there.. Wonderful book and I would strongly recommend it, maybe even over Emma. 

I loved the book and I enjoyed the adaptations as well. 

angelirebelli thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: zephyr29

I'm a sucker for period too! Just can't seem to stay away from it ðŸ˜†.
Persuasion is one book of Austen I have yet to read. I keep putting it away for later but that later never seems to come. Probably as it was the last novel written by Austen it might also end up being the last novel of hers that I will read. Maybe once I'm done with Emma finally 😳.

😆 me too.. I am just in love with the bonnet era and everything period. U might want to try Judith McNaught's historical romances I just love her work. They make a good read. I find many writers of historical romances getting into a set frame but I found her refreshing. 

zephyr29 thumbnail

😆 me too.. I am just in love with the bonnet era and everything period. U might want to try Judith McNaught's historical romances I just love her work. They make a good read. I find many writers of historical romances getting into a set frame but I found her refreshing. 

I think I have a couple of Judith McNaught ebooks. Will definitely check them out. Historical Romances happen to be my guilty pleasure 😆. My favorite is Lisa Kleypas. Love most of her works especially The Wallflowers series and The Hathaways series. I agree many historical romance writers seem to follow a set pattern, but I have found Kleypas's stories to be very emotional, not just in the romance but in depicting every other relationship. In fact I found the way she shows family bonds to be very similar to that of Austen, witty and affectionate with little quirks.
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I've always loved reading Jane Austen. My favourites would be Emma and of course, Pride and Prejudice :)