Book Talk

No Jane Austen fan? - Page 4

GodhuliLogon thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
i read three . .pride, emma and sense .. :) 

Mr.. Darcy is .. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mehak_kapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
I am about to finish Emma and I can safely say it is quite a good read :-)

Thank you all for suggesting :-)
tehreem. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I love reading Classics & Jane Austen is my favorite. I've (only) read Pride and Prejudice (yet) but It is one of the best books I've ever read,  I mean it's a classic! The characters are so well-drawn, interesting, and deep that you get drawn into the story from the first page. This one has made it onto my list of All Time Favorite novels and is truly one of the classics that lives up to its billing.
I have seen the TV/Movie adaptations as well and they are all brilliantly done A++

aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
those who love classics will eat jane austen books .. there is nothing more sexier than Darcy and elisabeths bickering hehehe
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah, Elizabeth-Darcy are the early prototypes for the subsequent bickering, hate-turned-to-love couples we see in movies etc.
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
darcy was never a gentleman .. i mean he has an edge to him i love 
zephyr29 thumbnail

He's definitely not the kind of guy you could warm up to. Probably one of the most misunderstood heroes in literature.

But I loved the portrayal of Darcy in the 2005 P&P movie. Mathew MacFadyen brought out a more sensitive side to him we have never seen before. That was quite a refreshing take.

But I still prefer the cold, haughty guy who unravels himself gradually.
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: zephyr29

He's definitely not the kind of guy you could warm up to. Probably one of the most misunderstood heroes in literature.

But I loved the portrayal of Darcy in the 2005 P&P movie. Mathew MacFadyen brought out a more sensitive side to him we have never seen before. That was quite a refreshing take.

But I still prefer the cold, haughty guy who unravels himself gradually.

yes the old dramas and adaptations shows him as a cranky guy but i agree tht  BBc adaptation was very good  and i even loved kiera knightsley as elisabeth .. i have a thing for her since then .. u know pirates and johnny depp heeheh ...well potrayal is what matters ... a col hero can also warm u up hehehe .. ok lets not be philosophical ..  
zephyr29 thumbnail
Speaking of cold, even Keira used to come across as very cold to me at the start. She was nice in Pirates but I started to really appreciate her in P&P and then absolutely loved her in Atonement. Both were by Joe Wright. I have yet to see their Anna Karenina which got mixed reviews and was practically trashed in Russia. But for both of them willing to take a look.

But my favorite Elizabeth has to be Jennifer Ehle in the BBC P&P. She and Colin Firth together were so .
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
they have an adaptation for anna karenina ?? i never got around to tht .. but i cherish tht book . my mom gifted me one of the old copies on my 15th birthday