Writing Contest | May-June 2013 | OS, SS and FF - Page 7

Posted: 10 years ago
This is a great initiative. Though I am not even close to being a writer, I have a doubt/ question.

Wouldn't promoting the FF/SS/OS be unfair to participants to might not have that many friends? If the work is just reviewed on likes and comments, it wont be fair if an entry is superb but has lost out on comments/ likes due to some reason.

Apart from that, I am looking foward to reading all the awesome stuff coming up :)
I'd like to participate too! :D
I need some time to decide whether to join or not 😆
All the very best!!
Mais n Kesha!! Gonna b a tuff choice for the "judges" 😆

Gud luk to all of u!! 👍🏼
Originally posted by Ribbon

This is a great initiative. Though I am not even close to being a writer, I have a doubt/ question.

Wouldn't promoting the FF/SS/OS be unfair to participants to might not have that many friends? If the work is just reviewed on likes and comments, it wont be fair if an entry is superb but has lost out on comments/ likes due to some reason.

Apart from that, I am looking foward to reading all the awesome stuff coming up :)

I second that! Although the idea is superb...I'm having hesitations about the judgement..like if a work is published first, it'll get more time to get likes and comments while if someone like me who is lazy and posts at the last possible moment..we'd get less comments/likes. The judgement won't seem fair..

how about making a kind of neutral jury?
I will see if I can participate in this one. Haven't tried writing on my own characters ever :-)
Originally posted by Mais

I second that! Although the idea is superb...I'm having hesitations about the judgement..like if a work is published first, it'll get more time to get likes and comments while if someone like me who is lazy and posts at the last possible moment..we'd get less comments/likes. The judgement won't seem fair..

how about making a kind of neutral jury?

I see your point, but if I try voting, it will end up being the same thing. I kept the posts open and not to be PMed so that audience can read them! I know that this will lead people who have more friends to benefit, but what else can you do? It's the same thing as public voting. Maybe we can put up OS for public vote, but you have to count on votes and comments for winner in that.

I am sorry, I tried to think about this but this is the best I can do. And to be honest, if a reader is a real appreciator, they will know whose to comment on. 

I can't help participants messaging in order to get likes and comments, because it's a private act, so that is why we judges are going to read the comments and clarify whether it will be counted or not.

For example, a comment like "Nice." "Update soon!" or "Awesome part" will not be considered a comment. The reader will have to give some real comments. I hope that works.. Or you guys can suggest something..
I was thinking of putting up a jury as well as the counting the votes...there are bound to be some neutral members on IF who are tasteful readers but don't write much...pick some members and make them read the entries, all of them and they can be that deciding voice if the story is really good but due to late entry, it doesn't have that much of a feedback. PM promotion is something you can't ever stop but see it this way, all who write won't read. I know I won't except if it's written by a friend. Like I'll read Pree's and Shazzy's or Kesha's but I won't read some random xyz's no matter how good it is. So isn't it a bit unfair?

Or something like

- all entries of a particular category to be published by a due date
- after that date, no entries allowed and a particular time for the "voting" or "judgement". Like another global topic where all entries are listed/linked and people can easily read them and give comments while in the BG, a neutral jury will be doing the same.
- when all votes are counted, results can be announced.

Yeah, it's a bit time consuming but it seems like a fair, unbiased way of judging...
^ Okay, I am already putting up all entries here. Writing Contest Collections - Post links here! 
I am not sure if another global topic of the same theme is possible, so I will talk to Jot and edit this one. And I think the deadline is a good idea, or else people will post at the last minute and it will get complicated. But the thing is a lot of members have exams from now until 28th (including me! -_--) so they requested to extend the deadlines. I will see what I can do about that.

And all the readers on IF are stuck in that FF land! -_- 

Aur koi suggestion? My bheja is fried due to exams! :/

BTW, tum kamino jaldi post karo! I wanna read!!
Originally posted by .Destiny.

Erm, no! I am RK 😆

That means I might despise u. 😆