Arjun

SS Arakshi: You belong with me..Part 5. 13/6 Pg.26

AeDilHaiMushkil thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey BB's, Arjunians and Arakshi-ans, Me is back with yet another Two-shot on my current favorites! πŸ˜‰

It's a bit different.. Well, not really.. But anyway.. πŸ˜† This is a two-shot.. And the next part will be posted in a day or two.. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰

And this one as well is dedicated to my lovely BB's.. (B1, you'll know why!) πŸ˜‰

Hope it makes sense.. And yeah.. Another favorite song of mine for the adorable duo.. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³

Read on for more

- YOU BELONG WITH ME -

Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
                     That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

If you could see
                     That I'm the one
                     Who understands you.
                     Been here all along.

So, why can't you see ?
                     You belong with me,
                     You belong with me..

PART 1..

BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place, Greater London.

Loud laughters, hushed voices, jovial men and women, stacks of pizza boxes, clinking glasses of champagne wasn't a common sight at the otherwise grim and somber 2nd floor office of BBC News..

These men and women who had let their hair down and were spreading cheer around the place were the very ones who worked day and night behind the stage to gather, assemble and present every single anti-social activity within the country; and at times in different parts of the world as well..

They spent their days chasing criminals, busting high profile citizens and making the world a better place to live in. Hence it was only normal that they stole a few moments to celebrate life and its many offerings.
And today, they had yet another reason to party..

The colleagues had thrown a farewell party for their newest joinee who was soon going to leave them to go to a foreign land..
Well, foreign for them, but a home for her..

Paul and Emma Cook looked around for their partner and saw her standing in a corner of the room, oblivious to everyone's presence.. They exchanged knowing looks and made their way towards her..

Emma's soft tap on her shoulder alerted her and she turned around slowly, quickly donning her trademark cheeky smile..

Having gone to school and then University together, the duo weren't easily fooled by her fake smiles..
Paul motioned to the slice of pizza in her hand, which had now gone cold,
"What's wrong, honey?"

She knew she couldn't lie to them, as much as she tried to.. Besides, she really needed to share her insecurities with someone other than her own confused conscience..

Yet another look at her glowing bestie and she shrugged the thought away..
She didn't want to ruin their celebrations and besides, she wasn't even sure what she would say to them..

She was going home; she ought to be happy.. And she was..

But that happiness was short-lived when she'd learnt that BBC India had handed her over on a platter to the Emergency Task Force..

She was to assist the ETF with yet another complicated case concerning human trafficking. She seemed to be the best person for the job with her list of influential contacts, and besides she did have a history with the ETF as well..

Sakshi snapped out of her thoughts when a soft palm landed on her shoulder,
 "It's about him, right? You're nervous about facing him, all over again, isn't it?"

She looked up, the smile and twinkle in her eyes having disappeared and turned around to face the window..
A spectacular view of the lush Regent's Park that otherwise soothed her nerves, failed to interest her today..

She felt her friends gaze on her for a while before they walked away leaving her alone with her thoughts of them.. Him..

Sakshi Anand was born and brought up in London and had a loving and typically Desi Punjabi couple as parents. She had grown up to be an independent, confident yet well-cultured woman..
A firm believer in destiny, truth and a prince charming on a white horse..

Upon completion of majors in Journalism from one of the most prestigious Universities in the country, she had startled friends and family by taking up internship at one of India's leading news dailies, away from home..

However, the girl had her own reasons.. She couldn't sit back earning fat salaries, leading a secure life in the confines of her posh Central London apartment unlike her peers. 

Each time a news flash showed another homicide, assault on women, breeding corruption and declining morals in her motherland, a part of her would rile up..
The urge to do something about it and contribute her bit to the society would keep jabbing at her conscience time and again..

She wasn't really tough enough to be a cop. But she was just as fearless, determined and patriotic as any of them..

Seven years back, she had left the confines of a secure, well-settled, picture-perfect life to step into a world that was dark, dangerous and vile..

True to her resolve, she had worked day and night working as a columnist for a leading newpaper.
Her dedication and courage had earned her a series of promotions up the order and soon, Sakshi Anand had become one of the leading crime reporters in the country.

Her influential resources and daredevil attitude had one fine day led her right where she belonged, the Emergency Task Force..

She had to live in their shadow, follow them through bombs blowing up in her face, dodge the line of bullets fired her way and cover their work..
She was to present their work to the world, assist them with valuable inputs and their investigations, as and when required..

Sakshi had been overjoyed upon meeting them..
They were just the right kind of people, she had always wanted to be associated with.. Brave, dedicated yet friendly.. They had welcomed her with genuine smiles and soon she had become one of them..

Dodging bullets, chasing criminals, basking in the satisfaction of having served justice to the wronged, gave her immense peace..

Though unsettled, unpredicatable and living on the edge, she enjoyed every bit of her stay at the ETF and made sure the others did too..

Each day, she stepped at work with a twinkle in her eyes and an alluring smile playing on her lips, being the zealous girl she was..

Everything in her life was picture-perfect until she crossed his path..

SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE>.. πŸ˜‰

Edited by _Mohabbatgirl_ - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AeDilHaiMushkil thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

He was cold, icy and reclusive.. He had turned his back upon everything that was lively, warm and worth-living for..
For, he was living a life worse than death.. To have lost his companion very early in life, and that too in a manner that would send a shudder down any man's spine, had turned him into what he had become today..

Further, drifting away from the only friend and family he had, made him give up on sunshine and he sank into the gloomy shadows..

Not having a soul to call his own, or one that would belong to him not out of fear or respect, but sheer love and loyalty, he had lost faith in love and life..

ACP Arjun Suryakant Rawte was a man who lived life on his own terms, never cared a darn of what the world thought of him and was the fearless cop who could go to any extent to seek justice for a wronged, in the hope that someday, his dead wife's soul would rest in peace..

Before she knew it, Sakshi was attracted to him like a bar magnet..
 To the sheer strength and raw power that emanated from his being.. To his gorgeous physical self.. And to the depth in his hollow eyes that always held her captive..

Having been in the crime circuit for quite some time, Sakshi wasn't aloof to his loss..
It took her a few days to realise that he wasn't what he pretended to be.. He wasn't the real Arjun..

Though she had initially dismissed the thought away, watching him sink in grief each day, Sakshi had taken it upon herself to bring him out of the dark shadows..

She would annoy him with her crazy cooked-up stories and always-plastered-there cheeky smiles..
Question his brilliant investigation skills and make a fool out of herself, only to elicit a response from him..
To try and make him open up to people..

And slowly, she had succeeded..
Though months later, he was still the Khadoos ACP, when it came to solving nerve-breaking cases, he had mellowed down a lot on the personal front..

And a lot of credit for it, went to her friend and colleague Ayesha Kapoor, now Rathore, who had taken it upon herself to bridge the gap between the two estranged friends..

Though he and Rathore were still at loggerheads when it came to work, one would find them both perched on the terrace, with a glass of cutting chai each at the end of the day..

However, in the midst of all that, the ETFians had failed to observe ... changes in their newest entrant..

It had taken Sakshi several months to realise that the pity, respect and admiration she harbored for the man, went way deeper..
Each time he frowned, her smile would disappear.. His pain and longing would instantly be reflected in her eyes..

Each time he threw his life away, a part of her would die until he returned back safe to her.. She was hopelessly and irrevocably in love with a man believed to posses a stone heart..

His snide remarks and taunts had never affected her..
She had stood beside him, being a support system along with the ETF as he had hunted down Sikandar and avenged his wife's death..

A part of her, the girl who had always believed in a prince charming arriving on horseback yearned to seek his love..
Though she knew, it wasn't easy for him to acknowledge her feelings, she silently prayed and wished for the day to come, when he would do it..

Now, with her purpose of joining the ETF having ended, she wished he would give her a reason to stay back..

But he didn't..

Though Arjun hadn't been the best of friends with her, he had always appreciated her for being herself.. He had taunted her initially and even grinned at her silly antics,
yet, not once had he shown an inclination of something more than respect for a colleague..

After fifteen months of wait, his indifference broke her..

And she decided to leave..
Though a part of her wanted her to stay back and fight for her love, she could never get herself to confess to him..

For, the fear of rejection wasn't something she could've handled..

And besides, she would never plead with him either, because the man had enough guilt on his conscience..
She wasn't going to add unrequited love to the list..

She had lost her only chance at love..

Sakshi had left the country, to fly back to where she came from with a heavy heart, burdened  with the grief of having lost the only man, she had ever loved..

A shrieking voice behind her broke her chain of thoughts and she realised the party had come to an end..
She sniffed and quickly rubbed her palms on her face to wipe away any traces of tears that threatened to drip down her eyes anytime..

Tiptoeing towards her desk, she couldn't help but re-consider her acceptance of the new assignment..

Have I done the right thing?
Will I be able to face him, all over again and yet feign ignorance?
Will I be able to hide myself and the love in my heart from the man who possesses razor-sharp eyes..

How will shut out him out of my heart, when every fibre of my being wants to scream out to him,
'Why won't you belong with me?'

Sakshi put her head down on stacks of files, finally letting her unshed tears escape..

Two pair of blue eyes had been observing her ever since she'd walked to the window, isolating herself from the crowd, as she always did..

The woman sporting a baby bump turned to her husband wiping her moist eyes,
"I'm not sitting here doing nothing about this, Paul..
I can't watch her break down like this.."

Her husband pulled a chair for her and knelt down, "What do you have in mind?"

Emma shook her head and glanced at her best friend through the glass partition,
"I need to make a call that ought to have been made months ago.."

Paul stood behind her as she turned her chair towards the computer and within no time had obtained a phone number..

It read.. Emergency Task Force, Mumbai, India.

In another corner of the world,

Shree smacked himself with the phone reciever when the third one rang somewhere around him..
Liza, his enemy-turned-friend walked over and took the call he was dealing with, thrusting the ringing phone into his hand..
Shree saw her walk away and made a mental note to thank her later..

A sweet voice laced with thick English accent alerted him,
"Hello.. This is Emma Cook.. May I speak with Mr. Arjun please?"

Shree's eyes widened at that and he stood up spinning his chair,
"Arjun.. You mean.. ACP Arjun Rawte?"

Emma knitted her brows, "Uh.. Yes.. That's him.. May I please speak with him?"

Shree's eyes darted off to Arjun's cabin and just when he'd been about to call out to him, a better and wiser idea struck him..

He quickly dialled Arjun's extension number from another phone,
"Sir.. There's a call for you.. Shall I put it through?"

A faint "Hmm" fell on his ears and he saw Arjun was still spinning the pen, with closed eyes.. He held the other phone close to his ear,
"Just a minute Ma'am.. I'll put you through right away.."

Emma felt her husband's comforting squeeze on her shoulder and let out a deep sigh upon hearing a deep, husky voice at the other end,
"Hello.. ACP Arjun here.."

Phew! That is it for now.. The next one will come up later..

Behnas, do let me know if you like it.. And any demands, requests are always welcome since I yet have to write the next one.. πŸ˜‰

Thanks in advance..

INDEX: Part 1- Pg. 1

Part 2- Pg. 6

Part 3- Pg 12

Part 4- Pg 18

Part 5- Pg 26

Edited by _Mohabbatgirl_ - 10 years ago
SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
*Edited*

Okay then, here I am behna, I know, I know, a day late and dollar short as they say...πŸ˜† Sorry, had to think long and hard about what I wanted to say. (πŸ€” okay I am having a dumb blond moment.)

Seriously a  big, big jadu ki jappi for meri pyari si behna for giving me something that I have been wanting for a while now, and I can see now that I need to have more long conversations with you every day if you can give me something romantic as this per my wishes. I know this is for all your BBs, but I feel special and you know why too.

I love the way you describe Sakshi's journey to this point and all her achievements, I can totally relate to her character, well this is what I would like to see in the show, but that's for another time. This is just her POV, but I know that there is more to come from the other side and I can't wait to read that.

So she is coming back after a while and it will be interesting to see how they react to each other.

Every time I read one of your takes on our new favorite couple I fall more and more in love with them, and you have mentioned "This is It" and I agree with you completely.

This is a mind blowing start to something I am sure that is going to go in my list of favorite works from you behna. I absolutely loved this to the core and I can't wait for you to update the next part.

P.S. Remember what I mentioned, follow your heart and trust your instincts you will never go wrong.πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by ll-Shilpa-ll - 10 years ago
vidya.anand thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
WOW awesome
but u left in a cliff hanger!
really want to know what Arjun thinks about her!
and does he miss her??
his POV about the whole thing!

Sakshi coming back to ETF...to her past...eager to read on...

cont soon!

Edited by vidya.anand - 10 years ago
satanslove thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Edited !!

Now this one is absolutely amazing wala Gabbar !!

S the past has already done and dealt with and of course Sakshi ji is love wit Arjun ..now who wouldnt be...πŸ˜‰

Her coming back ...and i am sure it would be with a  bang !!

Jaldi jaldi next part update karoπŸ˜ƒ

Edited by sips_crazy - 10 years ago
sunshine94 thumbnail
this was so damn good,,,,.😊😊

infact so emotionally beautiful...πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

lady u r so good with word wen it comes to xplain someones emotion.πŸ˜ƒ..take a bow lady..πŸ‘

waise sakshi ko uska pyaar milega😊,,,ya phir this two shot will end in heartbreak.,..,,.

u r amazin πŸ‘
Edited by sunshine94 - 10 years ago
kunchu thumbnail
*edited after read it*
great start..
intense and upto the point...
well Sakshi was at ETF and no rejoining...
thats so different dear..
it seems she is heart broken... and rejoining would be painful.
hope the phone call from her friend come in handy...
are its a 2 shot...
please if you can extend it... I do see a lot of scope for it...
any was great start buddy... waiting for more..
ye dil always mange more...πŸ˜‰
Edited by kunchu - 10 years ago
Mimi2609 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
very nice start, so Sikander is dead, but these two stubborn and confused persons didnt realise or had the courage to stop each other from getting away, and thus Sakshi left from there, but now that she's going to be back there, what will happen?
Does Arjun love her or not?
will Emma succeed in giving her friend, her much deserved happiness😳?
Please update soonπŸ˜‰
Edited by haruhi26 - 10 years ago
littlebrat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
okay the past was quite interesting will be waiting for present turn of events...

continue soon
nikki.171 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Just ... Wow! Cant wait for more!