Posted: 10 years ago
Hmm Anshi. Have u read his works?
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Afsara thanks for this thread

he is my favorite

nobody could read a woman's mind like him

they say a woman's mind is hard to understand but Tagore , a male , read it and described it perfectly 

i read his poems but though he was awarded the nobel for poetry , it his his prose that afects me the most

each year i read one of his books ...each year . As i find that with the maturity tat5 comes with each year , the novel or the short story brings a different meaning .

I read The Wreck in the sixth standard first ...i was introduced to Tagore by that book . I read it now . Last year was Chokher Bali . Again i had read that too in school . I used to read Tagore then Sarat Babu ...alternatively . Bengal fascinated me ...i don't know to this day why i feel drawn like a magnet by its culture .

My salute to the genius .
bright_star89 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Rabindra Jayanti- The birth anniversary of the Bard, is a special occasion for me and for all bengalis. 

His works are an inspiration, his music is a medicine to every possible human emotion.. whenever i hear them , it seems as if the song is made for me..  He is thus so contemporary, so universal , so eternal... 
 To the God I worship,
  the friend, source of shelter, solace in my loneliness
 I pay my solemn Respect and tribute...
In his words...
   'Tomarei koriachi jibonero dhrubo tara...'

Subho Jonmodin Gurudeb...

thank you for the post..:)

-Aditi.
Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: koolsadhu1000

Afsara thanks for this thread
U are welcome di.🤗

he is my favorite

nobody could read a woman's mind like him

they say a woman's mind is hard to understand but Tagore , a male , read it and described it perfectly

i read his poems but though he was awarded the nobel for poetry , it his his prose that afects me the most

Exactly I second u. I've read almost all 14 novels of him. And wonder how could he describe women psychology so well! U read Ghore Baire. He did not show Bimola as a obedient lover but he showed a total woman who wants to do anything for her country. He showed women as rebel, as fighter not as a decorative show piece(ponyo). When maximum writers showed women as a typical loving life partner he tried to think woman in a very different way. Many writers portrayed women physiology but he portrayed women psychology. Even many great writers and film makers couldn't go that depth to understand his work properly. Ghore Baire and Chokher Bali these 2 were converted into films. 1st One was directed by Satyajit Roy and 2nd one by Rituparno Ghosh. But they couldn't portray the actual view of Tagore in case of female characters. They focused on physiology rather than psychology.
each year i read one of his books ...each year . As i find that with the maturity tat5 comes with each year , the novel or the short story brings a different meaning .

I read The Wreck in the sixth standard first ...i was introduced to Tagore by that book . I read it now . Last year was Chokher Bali . Again i had read that too in school . I used to read Tagore then Sarat Babu ...alternatively .
yes Saratchandra is another great talent. He portrayed lower middle class and middle class people perfectly. Even he also showed women as an independent human being.   Bengal fascinated me ...i don't know to this day why i feel drawn like a magnet by its culture .

My salute to the genius .

It's nice to see your love for Bengali culture and literature. We have many pearls in our literature sector and we are proud of them. And don't believe what Ekta shows Kool di. She doesn't know anything about our culture. Many got confused by Mishti.🤣
thanks a lot for sharing ur view🤗
Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: brighstar

<font color="#cc3300" size="3"> </font>

<font color="#cc3300" size="3">Rabindra Jayanti- The birth anniversary of the Bard, is a special occasion for me and for all bengalis.</font>

<font color="#cc3300" size="3">His works are an inspiration, his music is a medicine to every possible human emotion.. whenever i hear them , it seems as if the song is made for me.. He is thus so contemporary, so universal , so eternal...</font>
<font color="#cc3300" size="3">To the God I worship,</font>
<font color="#cc3300" size="3"> the friend, source of shelter, solace in my loneliness</font>
<font color="#cc3300" size="3">I pay my solemn Respect and tribute...</font>
<font color="#cc3300" size="3">In his words...</font>
<font color="#cc3300" size="3"> '</font><font size="3" color="#663399">Tomarei koriachi jibonero dhrubo tara...'</font>
<font size="3" color="#663399">
</font>
<font size="3" color="#663399">Subho Jonmodin Gurudeb...</font>
<font size="3" color="#663399">
</font>
<font color="#cc3333" size="3">thank you for the post..:)</font>
<font color="#cc3333" size="3">
</font>
<font color="#cc3333" size="3">-Aditi.</font>

well said. You are welcome.
..Scarlett.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
''Jodi tor dak shune keo na ase tobe akla cholo re''
Shuvo jonmodin kobi guru :)
GodhuliLogon thumbnail
without him my life is lifeless .. 

The greatest Bengali writer we could ever have .. 

Shoto shoto valobasha Robi Thakurer jonno .. ❤️

ami tomar shonge bedhechi amar o pran shurer o badhone ..
Rishrabh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
surer guru...
daao go surer dikkha
mora surer kangal..
ei amader shikkha..

shuvo rabindra jayanti...
Love_Arnie thumbnail
"Tumii aadii kobii kobiiguru tumii he"

Shubho Janmodinn Kobiguru!!