Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Pooja's amazing look at Zee Gold Awards in Pink sari.

Comments are not allowed in picture gallery hence removed by DT and kindly do not write instigating comments!

Edited by Aahaana - 10 years ago
Deepaaveng thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Mahadev-Parvati magical moments frm DKDM epi shown on 30th July 2013... Some screencaps by me... 😊

Edited by Nikki_SAS-holic - 10 years ago
seema12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Proud-India

Pooja's amazing look at Zee Gold Awards in Pink sari.

comments are edited. This is a no comments thread. Do not post any comment here.

Edited by mnx12 - 10 years ago
radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Oh Seema, are we allowed to comment on this pic gallery? I made a booboo once 😳 Tab se I stopped commenting.

Well as long as this is going to come up anyway, couldn't agree more with you about our Indian heritage and saari being the most elegant outfit, we should be proud to flaunt ourselves in this most graceful outfits of all! 👏⭐️👍🏼

I am going to make my point ... further.

⭐️ Ready?! ⭐️

$100,000 Sari Wins Guinness World Record for Most Expensive

by Lori Zimmer , 09/20/12   filed under: Eco-Fashion News, The Big Idea

In a ploy that screams excess is best, The Chennai Silks has created the world's most expensive sari- costing a whopping $100,00! The traditional silk frock is decked with gold, diamonds, rubies and other precious gem stones, which are woven intricately throughout the garment. Rather than the traditional fabric pattern, the sari depicts of India's master paintings by Raja Ravi Varma, called "Lady Musicians."

The over the top sari  is studded with gold, diamonds, emeralds, rubies, platinum, silver, yellow sapphire, blue sapphire, cat's eye, topaz, pearl and coral. Thirty Chennai weavers took over seven months to create this one piece. Aside from its astronomical cost, the sari is also the world's first to require 7,440 jacquard hooks to complete.

The intricate design shows a group of female musicians, with real precious stones on each figure as in the original painting. Ten more of Varma's paintings are portrayed in the border around the sari as well.

Aside from draining the wearer's bank account, the jewel encrusted garment takes a toll on the body- weighing in at almost 18 pounds! Each of the baubles were hand woven into the sari, adding even more layers and weight to remain sturdy. Yet despite its glitz and weight, The Chennai Silks actually expects someone to buy the piece, to be worn. In a country where poverty and unskilled labor runs rampant, the funds spent on the sari could surely see better use.

The sari was debuted by South Indian actresses Suhasini Mani Ratnam, Shobhana and Jeeva.

+ World's Most Expensive Sari at Guinness Book of World Records

+ The Chennai Silks

[Via Fibre2Fashion]

radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Nikki_SAS-holic

Mahadev-Parvati magical moments frm DKDM epi shown on 30th July 2013... Some screencaps by me... 😊

Awesome Mahadev-Parvati magical moments Nikki and great screencaps! Have yet to watch on telly in exactly 1.5 hrs from now! 🤗

The actors are growing on us "new" members! Also Rubi is Rubi since me met her personally, so even know her to be a wonderful human being!😃

goolab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
dany89 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Edited by ArviDany89 - 10 years ago
dany89 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
goolab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail