DOTW- Sons and Daughters!

Jujuk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Hello EGBians!

So, its been a week since Ek Ghar Banaunga started.
The show is going pretty well and I see that there is a lot to discuss. The show is promising with a fresh cast and concept.

The show narrates the story of Poonam and Akash. The highlight of the show being Akash and his relationship with his in-laws. Do you think people like Akash exist in the real world? Are in-laws given the same respect in today's world as is being portrayed in the show?

Poonam is a hard-working and dedicated daughter. What do you think is the role of daughters in today's world. Are married daughters able to give their parents the required attention?

Poonam's parents are pretty much helpless, in case, Poonam doesn't take care of them. What happens to families who do not have sons to look after them? How important is it to have sons ?

Feel free to voice your opinion and discuss the topics. Do share your real life experience. This is an online forum, please refrain from bashing and observe the I-F CoC at all time.

Juju!
Edited by Kashy15 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

perfect topic to begin with Juju and beautifully done...

I shall be back to this soon :)
sfdiva23 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Great Discussion topics!   The world is changing and daughters can do as much as sons.  Often even if there are sons it is still the daughters that take care of parents.  Culturally, it takes time to change the thinking and  that just because daughters get married that they don't have responsibility to parents.  What if someone doesn't have sons and only daughters or only one child that is a daughter.  I think the show is trying to make a point that there should be equal responsibility for taking care parents whether daughter or son both should be able to help parents not just in-laws.   Since, many women work and earn in the work place there should no longer be the separation just because a daughter gets married that she can no longer do anything for her parents. 

It's time to change this social norm and allow daughters to still be there for parents as son's are for their parents and the expectation for the daughter -in law to take care of her in-laws.  That expectation should be there for the son-in law as well to make sure his wife's parents need help or allow her to help them also.

I, as only child daughter took care of my parent during his long term Parkinson's illness and care and expected that who I was married to would also understand because they loved me and  would also understand that this responsibility would come first for me and just because I was marrying them I would still need to be there for my father.  I would still be there for his parents but I was the only one my father had and needed to be their for him.

Just my thoughts, no offence meant. 
Edited by sfdiva23 - 10 years ago
Crazy.rock thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
A daughter has an equal responsibility to share , no two ways abt it . With the changing norms of the society , a daughter can share the responsibilities of her parents . It is a known fact that in every home the daughters are getting more fillip in their surge towards education and eventually they end up in getting a very good job. A daughter can now take a stand for her parents nd take care of them just like a son!
My husband is very cooperative . Infact he turned down an offer to go abroad to work only for the sake of our parents . With his support , we together take care of both our parents! 
Jujuk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I can't agree with you two more. I second your views. It is high time that the society changes and girls should be allowed to look after their parents, even if they have brothers to look after them. Parents are more attached to girls and can share their feelings and thoughts with them. Husbands often expect their wives to look after his parents and family, then it is the responsibility of the husband also to take care of in-laws. I respect the writers of the show, who have come up with an idea to reform the society and have displayed the courage to do something different from the norm!
mariarauf48 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
we all live in 21st century and what i feel is that girls and boys are equal . coming to your question . peaple like akaash exist or not ? i guess might be yes or might be no no one is born good its upto u how u want to potrya urself . In laws should be given respect especially girls faimly they  are giving away the most precious thing of them n in return what they ask is respect n love for them n daughter . girls are franky more emotionally attached they know how their parents feel at a particular momnet so i guess even after marriage no one can reduce this attachemnet they ve a full right to take care of their parents making sure they balance their responsblity .