Navya Malini, TNN | May 12, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Shweta Tiwari|Parvarrish-Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi|Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa
Sometimes I feel I'm a bad mom: Shweta Tiwari
Shweta Tiwari More Pics
Once a firebrand, always a firebrand. This seems to be the mantra that has kept actressShweta Tiwari going strong in life. The power packed actress, who's again in the news for her participation in an upcoming season of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' and her current endorsement deals, appears to be gunning for more good things in life. Excerpts from a chat:

Did endorsements happen because you got lots of limelight through TV?
I give complete credit to the TV shows I have done for making me this popular. At the same time, I also give credit to myself for making a TV character stand out because of my hard work and ability.

How do you usually associate yourself to a brand which you endorse for?
I can't give politically correct statements. I sign projects which are plum. If the deal is good and I feel connected to the product I endorse, I take it up. Of course, getting that connect right with the brand also matters.

Does celebdom take a toll on the quantum of time you'd like to spend with your daughter, Palak?
Some times I feel guilty that I don't give much time to Palak. I get too busy with my projects and so many times I come home at 2 am. So in the midst of all these, I sometimes feel I am a bad mom. Sometimes I even miss Palak' school events. But Palak doesn't crib. No matter how late I come home after work, I make sure that I drop Palak to the bus terminal or her school every morning. She's very good at troubling her grandmom while having breakfast and never misses a chance to skip it. So I ensure that she has her breakfast before leaving for school.

Do you nurture any dreams for your daughter?
Honestly, since I never had any big dreams about my career, so I don't want to think about my daughter's career either. I just want her to focus on her studies at this point of time.

As a mother do you relate to small screen mothers?
TV shows moms are too good to be true. In a way, Sweety in Parvarrish-Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi (the role she plays) is realistic —she's a selfish mother who is protective about her children and always thinks about 'my children, my world'. That's true in real life too.