Recommendations?

LoveToLaugh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

My exams get over in a few days and there is nothing that I am looking forward to more than immersing myself in a nice, cosy little book. Some recommendations, please? Anything other than commercial fare! Definitely no icky, cheesy romance!

Thank you. 😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

u need nice cosy and little .. but not romance .. can u be a little more appropriate at what u want // mystery  nonfic ... paranormal .. coz nice and cozy with no romance .. is kind of tricky ... 

maybe u can go for kiran bedis i dare .. autobiography .. or the alchemist by paolo coelho .. 

Cup-Of-Chai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Read A Thousand Splendid suns by Khaled Hoseini AMAZING BOOK.

Also you can try The Mortal Instruments series if you are into Fantasy books.

Other than that Jodi Picoult's books are nice too.
aishwaryagayen thumbnail

if u can read a thousand splendid suns the u l also love kite runner too by the same author .. mesmerizing

@cup of chai //// huh its been long i read those books ... thns fr reminding i l go search my shelf to re read 

Edited by aishwaryagayen - 10 years ago
Cup-Of-Chai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: aishwaryagayen

if u can read a thousand splendid suns the u l also love kite runner too by the same author .. mesmerizing

@cup of chai //// huh its been long i read those books ... thns fr reminding i l go search my shelf to re read

yeah those books are amazing! I love Khaled Hosseini. Both books are so sad.
LoveToLaugh thumbnail
Originally posted by: aishwaryagayen

u need nice cosy and little .. but not romance .. can u be a little more appropriate at what u want // mystery  nonfic ... paranormal .. coz nice and cozy with no romance .. is kind of tricky ... 

maybe u can go for kiran bedis i dare .. autobiography .. or the alchemist by paolo coelho .. 

Hey Aishwarya!

Oh I wasn't really trying to implying anything with that sentence. 😊
And I am not opposed to romance at all; just not the Twilight kind, you know? 😆
No offence to Twilight fans, it's just not my type.  

Thank you for the suggestions, btw! I have been wanting to read Alchemist for a long time now. ðŸ˜Š
LoveToLaugh thumbnail
Originally posted by: Cup-Of-Chai

Read A Thousand Splendid suns by Khaled Hoseini AMAZING BOOK.

Also you can try The Mortal Instruments series if you are into Fantasy books.

Other than that Jodi Picoult's books are nice too.

Hey!
Interesting username you've got there! ðŸ˜Š

Thank you for the suggestions. A thousand splendid suns, another book I have been wanting to read for a long time. 
Edited by LoveToLaugh - 10 years ago
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Originally posted by: LoveToLaugh

Hey Aishwarya!

Oh I wasn't really trying to implying anything with that sentence. 😊
And I am not opposed to romance at all; just not the Twilight kind, you know? 😆
No offence to Twilight fans, it's just not my type.  

Thank you for the suggestions, btw! I have been wanting to read Alchemist for a long time now. ðŸ˜Š

i had nothing against the first two books of twilight i read them when i was 13 years old .. and it was really fine for me .. and now i like RPatz too much to say anything bad abt it .. but those who read the fourth bok while they were adult .. i can sympathisize with them .. it was gross ..lolz anyway i had nothing against the first two books of twilight i read them when i was 13 years old .. and it was really fine for me .. and now i like RPatz too much to say anything bad abt it .. but those who read the fourth bok while they were adult .. i can sympathisize with them .. it was gross ..lolz anyway 

so the kind of romance u r asking can be by maya banks or christine feehan .. i suppose u shd google these two names and see on amazon their book list .. u l be hooked 

i have another book u can go for .. its god of small things by arundhati roy ...its beautiful .

LoveToLaugh thumbnail

i had nothing against the first two books of twilight i read them when i was 13 years old .. and it was really fine for me .. and now i like RPatz too much to say anything bad abt it .. but those who read the fourth bok while they were adult .. i can sympathisize with them .. it was gross ..lolz anywayi had nothing against the first two books of twilight i read them when i was 13 years old .. and it was really fine for me .. and now i like RPatz too much to say anything bad abt it .. but those who read the fourth bok while they were adult .. i can sympathisize with them .. it was gross ..lolz anyway
[/P]

so the kind of romance u r asking can be by maya banks or christine feehan .. i suppose u shd google these two names and see on amaStzon their book list .. u l be hooked

i have another book u can go for .. its god of small things by arundhati roy ...its beautiful .

I started reading Twilight when I was 15. And I guess I must have enjoyed it at some level because otherwise I would not even have attempted to read the other parts. Haan Breaking Dawn toh was downright terrible! I couldn't even finish it. And that too after skipping major chunks of Bella's POV!

Achha toh I have never heard of either Maya Banks or Christine Feehan. Googling them right away! 😊
-Aliya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i agree that the a thousand splendid suns is a fantastic read! but i wouldn't say its a cosy read. it definitely caused me to cry like a baby and feel some deep emotions but it certainly is a good book