Recommendations? - Page 5

Posted: 10 years ago
i wanted to ask if anyone had read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time?

its not a recommendation from me, i'm asking if anyone has read it and would deem it good enough to be recommended?
Originally posted by -Aliya-

i wanted to ask if anyone had read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time?

its not a recommendation from me, i'm asking if anyone has read it and would deem it good enough to be recommended?

Hey Aliya! :) Um, the novel is pretty good and gets you inside Christopher's head, giving Christopher's internal response to the world an external manifestation. That world which is often a surreal and scary place, but oddly beautiful and bizarre too. I'll never look at a Battensberg in the same way again. And amazingly I got to see the stage version of it too which was even more awesome.  I think it's good enough to be given a chance. Go ahead, read it. ðŸ˜³
it sounds interesting...in class we got given the novel opening and we had no idea where the extracts were from until our teacher told us. So i got curious and that usually leads me to reading the book to find out about the hype ðŸ˜† i think i'll give it a go since you say its worth the read. i'll let you know my views on it once i finish it or start it :P

it sounds interesting...in class we got given the novel opening and we had no idea where the extracts were from until our teacher told us. So i got curious and that usually leads me to reading the book to find out about the hype ðŸ˜† i think i'll give it a go since you say its worth the read. i'll let you know my views on it once i finish it or start it :P

I'm sure you'll like it. The protagonist Christopher is pretty intriguing. ðŸ˜³ 

P.S- Make sure to discuss it here when you finish reading it. ðŸ˜†
i tried reading The Silver Linings Playbook because i have to read the book before watching the film but i can't seem to get into it. it hasn't got me hooked, its more like i am reading it for the sake of finding out if it gets better and it has disappointed me really

i tried reading The Silver Linings Playbook because i have to read the book before watching the film but i can't seem to get into it. it hasn't got me hooked, its more like i am reading it for the sake of finding out if it gets better and it has disappointed me really

Haha! I saw the movie only. Jennifer Lawrence <3 Chuck the book then, see the film. ðŸ˜†
LOL for once maybe a film will be better than the book

LOL for once maybe a film will be better than the book

LOL, maybe. The movie adaptations of great books are usually pathetic but this seems to turn the tables. ðŸ˜† Seen or read The Perks of Being a Wallflower? That movie adaptation is pretty good too. 
Try some Indian author 
their books are masaledar
speaking of which - try mistress of spices ðŸ˜Š

Oh great and here I was about to start on it 😆. But I want to check it out coz I absolutely loved the movie 😳  and to see whether source material is also as good.
Edited by zephyr29 - 10 years ago