Hugh Jackman to appear in TV show The Kumars

ForeverSHINee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Hugh Jackman to appear in TV show The Kumars

Chi Chi Izundu By Chi Chi Izundu
Newsbeat entertainment reporter Hugh Jackman

Hollywood actor Hugh Jackman is due to appear in the comedy The Kumars at No. 42.

The creator and writer of the comedy, Sanjeev Bhaskar, revealed that the show would be back on screens later on in the year.

"We've got these sketches that we do in the show now," he said. "Hugh Jackman has done one for us. Zoe Wannamaker's done one for us as well."

Sanjeev Bhaskar hinted that the star's part would involve a trampoline.

It was announced last year, that after a six-year hiatus, the comedy show had a new home on Sky1 HD.

Sanjeev Bhaskar added that the Oscar-nominated actor had done a "couple" of the sketches for them and shot them "on one of his off days" while filming Les Miserables.

Meera Syal and Sanjeev Bhaskar Meera Syal and Sanjeev Bhaskar play Ummi and Sanjeev in the Kumars

"I asked him if he would do me a huge favour and shoot something," he said.

"In the end he rather kindly, between filming scenes, came away and did a couple of things for us. So he's a great guy."

Sanjeev Bhaskar revealed that the pair have been good friends for a number of years.

"I did a film with him once very briefly, a Woody Allen film," he revealed.

"We've just remained friends ever since, in that weird sort of way where people look at me and Hugh Jackman and say, 'You two are friends?'"

Follow @BBCNewsbeat on Twitter