Ek Ghar Banaunga

A modern woman is not rude to her parents -Article

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

A modern woman is not rude to her parents or in-laws - Ishita Dutta

Ishita Dutta, younger sister of Bollywood starlet Tanushree Dutta is quite happy with her TV debut in Ek Ghar Banaunga on Star Plus.

"I play a Lucknow based educated and modern girl, Poonam. However, here I wish to add that modernity is not what people generally assume today i.e. a woman who insults her parents and in-laws. Poonam is smart but she still believes in the Indian value system. Most importantly she knows what to say when. She represents today's women, someone who does pooja, takes care of cooking and also runs a business."

She goes on, "Our show deals with a common theme of what happens to parents who have no son and worry who will take care of them after their daughter gets married. Hence, in my show the girl has a dual responsibility towards her parents and in-laws. I personally identify with this issue as Tanushree and I don't have a brother."

Ishita, unlike other actors, did not make tall claims about how she bagged this role, "I got a call from the production house (Village Boy Productions Pvt. Ltd). Accordingly, I went for the auditions and was selected."

Ishita, who has previously done a film in the south and some commercials, has no qualms about doing TV as opposed to Hindi films like her elder sis. "I am an actor first; the medium or the language is secondary. One of the main reasons why I chose this project was that it was made by Star Plus. They are known to make greats scripts. I want to be a part of set ups which allow me to learn as an actor and also challenge the actor within me. Producer Raakesh Paswan is known for his great stories. Each and every character has something to contribute to the overall narrative."

She also has no problems with the early evening 6.30 pm slot. "I don't know much about time slots, but what I feel is that Star Plus will get an early movers advantage as there is no other show on any other channel at that time. Many people are telling me that they have no problem in watching the show at 6.30 pm."

Ishita does not think that GEC (General Entertainment Channels) are only targeting women for there are shows across channels which cater to people of both sexes across age and social economic parameters.

"Having said that if there is a bias towards women dominated themes then it happens because we are addressing a certain public demand. We need to get through a social message about empowerment of women; however it needs to be put in a package which is acceptable to the public at the end of day."

Ishita'we wish you success and happiness!!!

Edited by -Aysha- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crazy.rock thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
TFS nd all the best Ishita 😛
_mahi_ thumbnail