Rubina to play the lead in PV 2

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Rubina Dilaik to play the female lead in Punar Vivah season 2

Good news for Rubina Dilak fans.

The lovely and effervescent lady, who displayed her acting skills in Choti Bahu season 1 and 2 (Zee TV), has been signed by Shashi Sumeet Mittal Productions Pvt Ltd to play the female lead in Punar Vivah season 2.

Punar Vivah season 1 is all set to end and its current leads, Gurmeet Choudhary and Kratika Sengar will not be seen in the following season.
The maker has decided to bring in a all new plot and faces and accordingly has been auditioning to find the apt actors.

Sara Khan and Angad Hasija went for the mock shoot but things did not materialise. Karan V Grover being a part of the project has been already flashed in the media and Tellychakkar.com wrote about Shrishty Rode being signed on for Punar Vivah season 2.

However, the hunt for the female lead was on and many names were tossed in the air as probable contenders, which included Aamna Sharif, Ankita Lokhande and Ashima Bhalla.

News that has just come in is that none of the above names managed to get a final nod. And it's none other than Rubina who has signed on the dotted line and will begin shooting soon.

We got in touch with her. Said Rubina: "Zee TV has always been a preference for me after Choti Bahu. Yes, talks are on for Punar Vivah and things really look positive. However, I have not got thumbs up from the channel, today and tomorrow being weekend. I am looking for an answer on Monday. It will be great to be back with Zee TV if things fall into place."

Punar Vivah 2 hits screens from May 20 (2013).

from rival site
Rubina is coming back -good news for her fans

Good to see cute Rubina back on screen. Thx.
good luck ruby for your new show
Thanks for sharing Joshua ðŸ˜ƒ
I am happy for rubina...
finally she is back 

Love Rubina! Delighted to have her back onscreen again!
Edited by Surish - 10 years ago