Karan & Rubina in lead roles

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Zee TV's popular show Punar Vivah is coming up with a new season, and it will be a new story and a new cast

A new chapter will unfold in Punar Vivah  with a fresh star cast under a new title Punar Vivah… Ek Nayi Umeed. But one thing that will remain constant is the issue of remarriage. With the story of protagonists Yash (Gurmeet Chaudhary) and Aarti (Kritika Sengar) and their remarriage coming to an end, the new story will see Rubina Dilaik, Karan V Grover and Srishty Rode in the lead roles.

The new story is about a popular TV actor Divya (Rubina), who puts aside her love life in the quest to build a career. Karan will play Raj, a disillusioned young man, who ends up marrying Sarita, played by Srishty, chosen by his family after losing his first love.

Karan, who has seen punar vivah happen in his family, said, "I will try to give my best and make the character relatable. I was happily surprised to get the opportunity, I like experimenting, so I accepted it." Seen in serials like Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli, Karan is currently a part of the comedy show Hum Hain Aapke In Laws that airs on SAB TV.

Rubina, who played the lead in Choti Bahu, said, "Punarvivah is a second chance to live life and every individual has a right to get that second chance." Talking about the show, she added, "Great responsibility on us to live up to the expectations of the audiences. The show will project the real life love story of a female actor, which I guess everyone wants to know about."

The new chapter will also see Srishty, last seen on the small screen as the grown up Shobha inShobha Somnath Ki. "I am looking forward to playing Sarita as it would show a different side of me as an actor… Sarita is not a typical kind of bahu. She is a very strong-headed woman."

The new chapter of Punarvivaah…Ek Nayi Umeed will start May 20 on Zee TV.

Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for sharing Amanda 😊