Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Was not some article that Divya will marry another guy , may be the person she met on the station ..Just watched today as has not seen before ..As for Keeping the name of CB it was to woo the viewers of CB and showing the same dance no.which was the turning point in CB 1..PH has very intelligent strategy when they started the show , smoothly they kept the viewers of both shows intact .CB and PV..
..Comrade4eva.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I too feel that some things are being rushed! I'm going to mention the things that I LOVED today:

• The flashback was adorable...it was cute and i loved it! KaBina's chemistry is good for the starting! I liked it!
  • I'm glad that they didn't take an entire year to show Sarita to Divya and I'm glad they did.

I didn't get to watch the full episode, just parts so this is all I can say for today.

BTW- Am I the only one who was creeped out and uncomfortable with the precap?😕
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: misti73

I am just copy pasting here what I wrote in the update thread.

After reading the update Divya's character is becoming more and more mystifying to me. She has been part of the entertainment industry and yet in some respects is very naive and lives in a bubble world. Usually in that world people get a wake up call and become cynical and or pragmatic. Yet it seems that in some ways she has retained her innocence ...I mean if she thinks that someone will wait for her for 10 years. In some way I find her quixotic and I am left shaking my head at her. Now I don't want her to be heart broken because in some ways I also find her very endearing.

Misti,  I like the word "quixotic" that you used for Divya.   She is definitely that or she is clinging to her illusions.  The three characters - Divya, Sarita and Raj are very different.  Right now, the focus is all on Divya and Sarita/Raj are shown in bits and pieces and somewhat from eyes of others.  

Sarita is the one who is kept as a mystery while Divya is an open book.  Sarita has a suppressed air around her.  Is Raj entirely to blame here or does Sarita too share some blame?  Well, that will be answered only when they show her interactions with both Raj and Divya.  So even though she doesn't know about Divya directly, she has been constantly compared to her everyday for 10 years by both MIL and husband.  MIL compares her to Divya's serial avataar and husband is in his own world of disillusionment and indifference to her.  So it would be interesting to see her reaction to Divya.

Coming to Divya as the story seems to be revolving around her, is she entirely quixotic or is desperately clinging to her illusions.  She and Raj seem to be coming from two families that have totally different values.  So her family knows about Raj (name, her past love etc.) even if she has not shared details with them.  They seem to appreciate what she has done for them and now want her to live her life.  Raj's family on other hand is a total shallow type of family where mother is blind and shallow along with sisters and father.  Sheela is the only one who seems to have some idea about her brother.

So Divya in her heart knows that Raj may be married, but she was trying to convince herself otherwise.  Also I found Divya to be interesting as she is also somewhat self-centered and focused on her goal of the moment.  So she left this boyfriend behind because responsibilities came first.  She could have kept in touch with him in last 10 years or contacted him once she became famous.  She chose not to do so and focused on her career.  Now that she has left her career behind, she is totally focused on Raj to the extent that she visited his home rightaway without any warning.  

Then it was amusing that she was least interested in the mother, but her concentration was on finding about the marital status of Raj.  Once she thought that he had waited for her, she was ready to leave.  Also she was cringing when Raj's uncouth mother was cursing Sarita.  But she overlooked that and just wanted the escape.  Also, it seems that she did not know anything about Raj's family even though she knew his address.  So Raj was detached from his family even before he was disillusioned with love.  Not that he can be blamed with shallow parents like that.  

The mother is blind to the fault where she can't even connect her son's girlfriend with Divya.  She is living in her own world of illusions where she blames anybody but her son and herself.  So she finds fault with her MIL, daughters and DIL.  

The pace was again somewhat rushed even though it was better than yesterday.  But they are trying to hook audience interest in these 3 characters and to an extent they have succeeded.  I want to see how Divya reacts to breaking of her illusions and how does she move on and convince Raj to do the same. I too am finding Divya quite endearing and want to see her journey from a world of illusions to breaking of dreams to finding new dreams and coming to peace with that.  In some sense, she is like a sleeping beauty who wakes up after 10 years to a new reality.

Again, the show belonged to Rubina as the focus is on her.  She looked quite innocent matching her character's naive nature.  Also her geeky next door girl avatar was totally different.  I am liking her in mature Divya part better.  But she is doing a good job in differentiating two characters - one of a young girl and other of a glamourous TV star.  Also I liked her expressions at Kamla's antics from bemusement to amused tolerance (at Kamla's star struck behavior) to bewilderment at her craziness at the end.
Edited by why6 - 10 years ago
Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: .KillTheBitch.

I too feel that some things are being rushed! I'm going to mention the things that I LOVED today:

• The flashback was adorable...it was cute and i loved it! KaBina's chemistry is good for the starting! I liked it!
  • I'm glad that they didn't take an entire year to show Sarita to Divya and I'm glad they did.

I didn't get to watch the full episode, just parts so this is all I can say for today.

BTW- Am I the only one who was creeped out and uncomfortable with the precap?😕

lol. Yup precap was a bit uncomfortable. Infact when u r watching the show with ur family.😆
SushSathisha thumbnail
Originally posted by: SushantFan_Afss

lol. Yup precap was a bit uncomfortable. Infact when u r watching the show with ur family.😆

totally the precap is really uncomfortable that too with ur uncle and aunty with u😆
..Scarlett.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
After watching the epi,I feel lil bit uncomfortable..I'm going 2 love Sarita more!! Sarita's characterization seems so interesting,atleast she isn't a 'bechari' bahu,hope today will see Srishty's face:)
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Angie, Divya does look like a sleeping beauty who has woken up after 10 yrs...or is it that as you said that she is clinging on to her illusions? But that would mean that she was not really a sleeping beauty and she always knew somewhere in her heart that there are high chances of Raj moving on and that this illusion was something that helped her focus on her responsibilities. Her crossing her fingers shows that she is hoping that her deep seeded fear does not come true. 

On the basis of how the characters have been introduced I have a feeling that regarding the script, Divya and Sarita are the two central characters. I mean the leads of the first season introduced Divya and Sarita to the audience...I did not watch the first season so I do not have the in depth knowledge regarding the characters but what I had read when that show started, Aarti was also waiting for her first husband who basically ignored her. It is the same situation with Sarita. A girl from a small town with small dreams. My main question regarding her is that she comes from a rich family and is not afraid to show her irritation and frustration in a conservative household...if she is so strong and does have financial backing then why did she marry Raj? I mean she knew that Raj loves someone else and does not want to get married. What was the compulsion that she faced or was she too confident that she will be able woo Raj? 

Coming back to the introduction of characters...it was Yash who introduced Divya and showed her apprehensions. Yash also told her to do her responsibilities and hat if the guy loves her then he will wait for her. Is this the reason behnd her illusiions? I am not blaming Yash, what I am trying to say is that she knows that she has left Raj midway and that there might be repercussions (she herself said it yesterday that Raj might be angry/hurt/have questions and she does need to deal with that and thats why she wants to meet him before her entire family descends on him). She was in some need so that she had to do it this way...maybe she was scared that if she sees him then she won't be able to go and that is she has contact with him then she won't be able to fulfill her responsibilities. So she desperately wants to believe that once she fulfils her responsibilities...she can go back, set things right with Raj and everything will go back to normal. They have been repeatedly showing her as a person who is intrinsically apprehensive or fearful. It was Raj who gave her the strength to stand up to her fears and it was Yash who also gave her the confidence to believe in herself when was in a new place. Usually people who are intrinsically apprehensive or fearful need something or some assurance to face life. Maybe this illusion helped her in that way.  

Anyway to me the leads of the first season introducing Divya and Sarita indicates that maybe the makers are trying to hint that these two characters are the central ones and the show might revolve around their dynamics.  Otherwise why will Sarita be introduced with Divya? They could have introduced the characterisation of Raj with Divya. I am not saying that Raj is not important. He  is very important because he is the thread that links both Divya and Sarita...and that is how Yash and Arti were referring to the character of Raj...as someone who is linked to Divya as her boyfriend and to Sarita...as her future husband. Even today they showed Divya meeting Sarita before meeting Raj. So although Raj is always present in spirit the emotional dyanmics needed for screenplay might play out more between Divya and Sarita.

Coming to Raj it definitely looks like he needs some closures... and until he gets them he will not be able to live life. ...and this is why Divya might be needed back in his life.         
Edited by misti73 - 10 years ago
avinashrubina. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
PLI SOMEBODY SEND THE LINK OF THE FIRST EPISODE
ekta15 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Rasshiii

PLI SOMEBODY SEND THE LINK OF THE FIRST EPISODE

Video and written update archive link:

Edited by ekta-avinafan - 10 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Neerjaa

Was not some article that Divya will marry another guy , may be the person she met on the station ..Just watched today as has not seen before ..As for Keeping the name of CB it was to woo the viewers of CB and showing the same dance no.which was the turning point in CB 1..PH has very intelligent strategy when they started the show , smoothly they kept the viewers of both shows intact .CB and PV..

Neerja,  the blending of PV1 and PV2 was also for the same purpose.  This is to get fans of PV1 to watch PV2.  So even if some fans got mad at this, there would be a percentage who would still tune in to PV2 assuming the story is to their liking.  In the end, the channel and PH are business people who wants a return on their investment.  In fact, the idea of bringing in new cast and new season is not bad and there is nothing wrong with wanting a good return on one's investment.  The only point is to do it in a classy way where it doesn't come across as exploitation of fans' sentiments.  So if one is passionate about one' s products and is also using a good business strategy, it is well and good.