Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
@Misti:

Misti, you have good points about Sarita and Divya being the central character as they are the ones whom the screenplay is focusing on with Raj ever present in periphery.  They are also introducing them the same way with a air of mystery around Sarita's motives and actions and an openness in Divya's actions and motives.  It is as if Divya is a day and Sarita a night.  At one point, both would collide and both probably would take each other's shades.  

Also, I think all three need closure.  Sarita's and Raj's illusions were broken 10 years ago and they too have remained frozen in time even though they have supposedly moved on in a way that Divya hasn't.  Divya just got shattered.  So all three need to get a closure and decide what would be best for them in future.  I am very interested in Sarita's motives in marrying Raj especially as she is a rebellious character and comes from a rich influential family.  Before the FIL was scared that Sarita's family would destroy him if Raj did not show up.  Was Sarita forced by her family to marry Raj even after knowing the truth or did she make that choice herself having too much confidence or perhaps because her ego was bruised.  That's why it remains to be seen if Raj is the only one totally responsible for the mess in his and Sarita's life.  Sarita did remain hidden when she heard everything.  The CVs left it that and viewers do not know what happened afterwards.  Did parents of Raj find that it was Sarita who knew everything and convinced her to give Raj a chance by making false promises?  Hopefully, the reason for Sarita to marry Raj would be shown logical and something that would make sense.  

Raj is also another hidden mystery for now.  Since Divya is very expressive and open about everything, would he not have known about her responsibilities.  Was he a spoiled character who wanted Divya to leave everything behind for him?  Did he offer to share her responsibilities with her?  If not, why the resentment against her choices?  If he expected her to drop everything, it would make sense the way his family background is shown.  Probably, Divya was an escape from his lunatic materialistic family where he could be in his artistic world with a person who matched him intellectually.

Divya as you mentioned has all these fears and somebody or other convinces her about something.  So Yash telling her that a true love waits for their lover is taken to heart by her or she has convinced herself to believe in it.  Maybe it was also a matter of survival for her.  She probably struggled in lot in first three years of moving ot Mumbai and clinging to this illusion kept her grounded in some sense.    

I agree with you that Raj  is a character around whom these two central characters revolve, but the story is of Sarita and Divya on how they cope with their disappointments and move forward.  
Edited by why6 - 10 years ago
sia_lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Yesterday's show focused more on the central characters -- especially Divya (more of her) and then Raj. Sarita is still kept under wraps, albeit she has caught everyone's attention nevertheless due to the unique way of bringing her forward.

Firstly i don't understand as to why the reason behind Divya leaving Raj is not being clarified properly! I know that she had to raise and look after her siblings, but couldn't she have done that in bhopal? Or if she had to go to Mumbai, why break off with Raj? Couldn't she have just told him abt her decisions and could have remained in touch with him. This would have assured him that she would be returning back to him and would have waited happily for her right? The manner in which they are portraying Divya's character makes her look the selfish one (when in opposite she has sacrificed her love for Raj). Selfish in the sense the viewer things that  how can she expect Raj to have waited for 10 yrs, when she left him heartbroken! Well, wouldn't such a question pop up in ur mind?  The question would not arise, if they clear her stance properly.

I as a viewer would want to watch some of their past scenes as well. How they met, fell in love and what caused Divya to make such a sacrifice. Its upsetting it when things are left for our assumption! Also Raj-Divya have very cute chemistry...i would want to know more of their past life.

Well, frankly i never thought that Sarita would so early make place for herself in our minds. What i don't want is...that viewers just feels bad for her and not abt Divya! Both have suffered in their own ways, so has Raj...and hope they clear it in the coming week.
seema12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I think Div did not tell Raj why she leaving Bhopal

it could have happened this way

Div's parents died in an accident and Dev being the eldest all

responsbilities fell on her and she did not want Raj to know that

thats the reason Raj is a bitter angry young man --u can see he started

hating woman --hence his advice to young man shouting Pummi Pummi

at the railway station 

but if Div had told Raj the reason then maybe he would not have let Div go

and Sarita Agreed to marry Raj thinking she will change him but aesa 

nahi hua Sarita stll has hope hence she was Changing her colths in front

of Raj maybe to entice him and Raj thinking yeh pagal ho gai hai kya ?

a big ball of mystery hope the cvs clarify and not leave to the viewers

imagination  as they are prone to do

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
May be they are going to venture in past and should be , to clear the cobwebs means confusion in the viewers mind ..Why Divya never contacted Raj in last ten years . She left him running after the train , pleading , still she thinks Raj will wait for her .She is also living in illusion. As for Sarita , have not seen the episode where she was shown as strong , if she is strong ,with her own mind , belonging to more influential family then Raj,s , why she will marry a person who already loves some one ...Its confusing ,may be disclosing the past and reason for the characters, behavior in coming episodes  
Neerjaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: seema12345

I think Div did not tell Raj why she leaving Bhopal

it could have happened this way

Div's parents died in an accident and Dev being the eldest all

responsbilities fell on her and she did not want Raj to know that

thats the reason Raj is a bitter angry young man --u can see he started

hating woman --hence his advice to young man shouting Pummi Pummi

at the railway station 

but if Div had told Raj the reason then maybe he would not have let Div go

and Sarita Agreed to marry Raj thinking she will change him but aesa 

nahi hua Sarita stll has hope hence she was Changing her colths in front

of Raj maybe to entice him and Raj thinking yeh pagal ho gai hai kya ?

a big ball of mystery hope the cvs clarify and not leave to the viewers

imagination  as they are prone to do

Seema Its Bhopal not any metro city . where everyone's, matter is their own . Raj is dominated by his greedy father as seen in Aggarwals where son does not have any say ,where marriage is concerned . He fixed his marriage without asking him ..Its Mittal,s PH .They know the nerve of this community .
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@Sia

Divya's character is not coming out to be selfish to me in any way and I feel sympathy for her.  It was not wrong for her to leave Raj behind.  Here she did it for her responsibilites but people also do it because career comes first for them and there is nothing wrong with it.  Neither is it wrong for hoping that things would be as they were 10 years ago.  After sometime, people do feel empty sometimes at their choices or feel a sense of loss when they lose something due to circumstances.  Also 10 year is a long time and nostalgia for older times makes you only remember the best of other person.  So maybe meeting people in Mumbai and finding them inadequate only made Divya more appreciative of Raj and she is trying to recapture that  lost time.  She knows in her heart that he was hurt and that he probably moved on.  Here her first act is to find out if he is married - a very logical and pragmatic step.  So there is a sympathy for her because her hopes are shattered.  She only loses sympathy if she starts pursuing him and expect him to drop his family life for her and move on with her.  So far she has not done that at all.  All she is trying to do is recapture her past.  So to me her character is coming out to be quite sympathetic.

Sarita would come out to be more sympathettic for me if the reason for her going through this marriage is explained properly because she found out about the truth before the marriage.  She was from an influential family and these days people do stop marriages even at the last moment and still get married especially if they are from rich, influential family.  So her character remains to be seen.  
Neerjaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: why6

@Sia

Divya's character is not coming out to be selfish to me in any way and I feel sympathy for her.  It was not wrong for her to leave Raj behind.  Here she did it for her responsibilites but people also do it because career comes first for them and there is nothing wrong with it.  Neither is it wrong for hoping that things would be as they were 10 years ago.  After sometime, people do feel empty sometimes at their choices or feel a sense of loss when they lose something due to circumstances.  Also 10 year is a long time and nostalgia for older times makes you only remember the best of other person.  So maybe meeting people in Mumbai and finding them inadequate only made Divya more appreciative of Raj and she is trying to recapture that  lost time.  She knows in her heart that he was hurt and that he probably moved on.  Here her first act is to find out if he is married - a very logical and pragmatic step.  So there is a sympathy for her because her hopes are shattered.  She only loses sympathy if she starts pursuing him and expect him to drop his family life for her and move on with her.  So far she has not done that at all.  All she is trying to do is recapture her past.  So to me her character is coming out to be quite sympathetic.

Sarita would come out to be more sympathettic for me if the reason for her going through this marriage is explained properly because she found out about the truth before the marriage.  She was from an influential family and these days people do stop marriages even at the last moment and still get married especially if they are from rich, influential family.  So her character remains to be seen.  

I just found both are en caged in their make believe world when i watched today's episode ..Sarita is hoping against hope about Raj that he will accept her ..
..yajnaseni.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
So Divya was that much possessive about Raj.There must be a very strong reason for her to leave Raj.Sarita must have tried her best to make Raj love her but failed.That shows in her behavior.But why did she marry him in the first place when she learnt the truth before marriage itself.She belonged to a rich family.Have to wait to get the answer.I have faith in the storytelling of this PH.Normally theer characters are well written.

Today Rubi stole the show again.
Neerjaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: -pratyasha-

So Divya was that much possessive about Raj.There must be a very strong reason for her to leave Raj.Sarita must have tried her best to make Raj love her but failed.That shows in her behavior.But why did she marry him in the first place when she learnt the truth before marriage itself.She belonged to a rich family.Have to wait to get the answer.I have faith in the storytelling of this PH.Normally theer characters are well written.

Today Rubi stole the show again.

What a house was that , full of characters , no doubt Sarita has to deal with these kind of people like this otherwise she should have done suicide ..This kind of situation either make you rebellious or you just get in to yourself ...Divya should thank her stars ,that she was not married in to this family where the guy did not have any say and was tied to the unwanted marriage ...
Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Today Div disappointed me. Seems she is living in a lala land and have never seen the rudeness of life. And what disappointed me more is she was saying that Sarita is a rude woman without knowing the reason. Infact it seems like she thinks 10 yrs is not very long time. And she never told Kamla was also rude and insulted Sarita. It is Kamla who started insulting Sarita first. I'm really afraid of Div's character in future. Sarita's character is a well organised character. She has logical reason for her every behaviour.