Episode Discussion Thread- PV...EK Nayee Umeed - Page 5

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by SushantFan_Afss

Today Div disappointed me. Seems she is living in a lala land and have never seen the rudeness of life. And what disappointed me more is she was saying that Sarita is a rude woman without knowing the reason. In fact it seems like she thinks 10 yrs is not very long time. And she never told Kamla was also rude and insulted Sarita. It is Kamla who started insulting Sarita first. I'm really afraid of Div's character in future. Sarita's character is a well organized character. She has logical reason for her every behavior.

Agree with you , Any girl with little bit of brains would not willingly like to enter that house as D I L...This PH treats the DIL as guinea pigs  as just saw in their another show which ranks the top ..But still story of the past will be going to unfold ..
Poor girl. She is tolerating those species for 10 years. God! I couldn't tolerate them for 10 years. Yet she is doing everything for them. And what is more important she still now has a romantic mind. She was expecting Raj. Loved that part and then when Raj left she was heartbroken. Really Sarita is going to be a very strong character.
But one question where was Div going by bike in the rain?
Originally posted by SushantFan_Afss

Poor girl. She is tolerating those species for 10 years. God! I couldn't tolerate them for 10 years. Yet she is doing everything for them. And what is more important she still now has a romantic mind. She was expecting Raj. Loved that part and then when Raj left she was heartbroken. Really Sarita is going to be a very strong character.
But one question where was Div going by bike in the rain?

to get fresh air and cool herself , to think clearly as she has come out of her make believe world ..
So it seems that this story is about the emotions of Divya and Sarita with Raj the thread joing them.

At first glance it seems that these two devis i.e. Divya and Sarita are delusional and live in their own world. Divya knows that no one waits and things do move on but she was clinging on to the thought that Raj will wait for her because he loves her and that is why should understand her . It seems that she has taken him for granted. She is angry that Raj did not wait but takes her anger out at Sarita and blames her for Raj's condition. Wonder whether it is to do with the fact that Raj's mother told her that if Raj had married the girl whom he wanted to marry then this foul mouthed Sarita would not have entered the family. But in all this she ignores that the fight was started by the mother. Looks like Raj has not told Divya what his family is all about. Sarita did behave rudely with her...she did smack the tea down and then ridiculed the TV bahus, when people usually put Divya on a pedestal just beause she is this perfect bahu on TV. Maybe that might have also played a part in riling up Divya becuase she is used to adulation and not to ridicule. Something similar happened in the statin when the guy bumped into her. She did not believe that this guy does not recognise her and was actually gobsmacked.The good thing is that when pointed out by her brother she did accept the truth that she is actually that Raj did not wait for her and not that Raj got married to Sarita...and now she is off at night ..Is she off to give Raj a piece off her mind? ...is she off to tilt some  windmills or is there real reason behind her anger regarding Raj not waiting? I mean what happened between Raj and Divya that she had to hide herself from him? That she basically ran without any explanantion? Was he stopping her from fulfilling her responsibilties as a sister to her younger siblings? Why did Raj not follow her? Was his ego hurt that she chose her siblings over him?

Now coming to Sarita...she is the prime candidate to suffer from Menaka complex. I mean does she think that she is Menaka and Raj is Vishwamitra?  After 10 years of living with a man who is least interested in her, she still thinks that she can use her body to attract him? If that had been the case then he would have done it long time back. That brings me to the same question that why did she marry him? She clearly challenged her MIL to send her home, so her family should not be a hindrance for her to leave this family.Was she infatuated by Raj and thought she wil be able to woo him? Because of her dilusions regarding wooing him she is ready to use her body...she also serves this family and stays in the family..

But what I like about these characters is that at heart they are  not bad people...Divya knows that she did wrong to Raj and she also accepts her mistake. If she was really self centered and selfish then she would not have wanted to first checkout whether Raj is ok or not and stopped her family from descending on him without any warning. Sarita with all her ranting and shouting did initially hold out her hand to her MIL when the bucket knocked her over...and Raj did switch off the fan when he realised that Sarita was feeling cold due to the fan being on. They are just reacting to the circumstances. They are all grey characters and I sincerely hope that the makers do not turn them into boring black or white characters.
Edited by misti73 - 10 years ago
Wow, I love the depth in Sarita and Divya's character's. They aren't the typical perfect bahu's who will act mahaan in front of other's. Sarita has craved her husband's love for 10 long years and she is very bitter due to that. Her behaviour towards her MIL and family is refreshing to see. She's someone who will not tolerate crap for any reason. A very, very refreshing and realistic character!

Divya's character is also very realistic, but unfortunately she's blinded with love. Her eyes are so clouded that she cannot think past Raj. Her thoughts are all about how that "horrible" girl landed with him? Not one thought towards the "horrible" girl and why she behaved that way. In fact, she didn't even realize that the MIL was clearly taunting and verbally abusing her. Of course, why should she? Her Raj's mother is going to perfect because she's always dreamed of being her bahu. Note the sarcasm.

But in reality, this is how a lot of girls behave when they're in love or are infatuated with someone. They feel like everything about them and their relationship is perfect. Little do they realize that time does not wait for them, and today Divya seemed to have realized that.

I'm more eager to see how the story moves forward now! I'm loving the storyline...

Great acting by both ladies and the rest of the cast members! Today was Sarita's episode in my opinion! 😊

Oh one more thing - did anyone get a foreshadowing vibe when Divya said in her flashback that she would kill the other girl, Raj, and then herself? Hmm... it makes you wonder.

*Posted on the forum as well*
Edited by ilovepyaar - 10 years ago
Misti, I like your description of Menaka and Vishwamitra and agree with most of what you said.

But what struck me today was how Raj is getting free pass from everyone - call it delusion or trying to maintain certain illusions.

So MIL blames Sarita for Raj's unhappiness because she has decided that Sarita is not an ideal bahu and it should be somebody like Divya whom she confuses with her serial avtaar.  Also, if Raj's girlfriend returns in his life, things would be hunky dory.  No blame to her husband or son or herself.

Less said about the sisters , the better.  One blames Divya and other two Sarita.

Dadi had nothing to say to her son when he was forcing Raj's marriage or threatening to slap his wife.  But has plenty to say to DIl. Is she sympathetic to Sarita because she doesn't like Kamla.  So Sarita is a pawn in her game with Kamla.

Divya was cringing yesterday when she saw Kamla's behavior.  But she ignored all that probably because Kamla was giving her this adulation.  Also, she has put Raj on pedestal - the guy who was her Henry Higgins and she was Eliza (Pgymalion) because he transformed her from a geeky girl to a glamorous person and who was her mentor in lot of ways.  So of course she chose to only see Sarita's faults.  She seems to be the person who is used to looking at the surface.  So her opinion of Raj is based on her memories of him where he promised to be faithful to her for all lives.  Raj of course seems to be probably acting on that promise where even if he was not able to be physically faithful to Divya, is emotionally faithful to her.

It does seem that Raj was aware of Divya's compulsions and probably his ego was hurt.  Waiting to see that backstory.  Divya of course knows deep down that life doesn't stop for anybody, yet expected Raj to be there where she left him waiting.

Sarita has put Raj on pedestal too.  So she has gone down and become like Kamla and her daughters when they provoke her too much, but she is giving soft looks to Raj even when he just switches off the fan for her as a simple courtesy.  So she assigns all the blame to Divya knowing very well that Divya was nowhere in the picture for 10 years.  But thinks that Raj can be hers if she seduces him.  That's why I am wondering why she married him.  She was challenging her MIL to send her to her parents place and she knows that her family is at a higher level.  MIL did back down at her challenge even if her verbal abuse continued.  So she does have a support of her family, so why did she not back down from the marriage.  Again was that ego or did she fall for Raj so badly because he fit her description of her dream prince or was it both along with a overconfidence in her own abilities to erase Divya from his mind.  So now that she has not been able to do so, she is shifting the blame to Divya.

So both Sarita and Divya have formed negative opinion of each other for more than one reason.  It seems that their discovery would be when they come out of their self-created delusional world and sees all sides.  

Misti, I agree that all three characters are very grey, but are not bad by any means.  So far, I am finding sympathy for all three of them based on what has been shown so far.  Of course, one of the characters - the father is missing from the picture.  I really hope that they are not reduced to black/white in coming months because they are very interesting the way they are right now.  The growth in them will not imply turning them into black and white characters.  The growth of a grey character can still be grey.

The characterization so far is very good and CVs are keeping good mixture of suspense about the past and these characters.  Also, the differences in two families - Divya's and Raj's is quite interesting as to how Raj/Sarita are reacting on one hand and Divya on the other hand.  Not only the fans, but even her own family gives her daily adulation.  That's why she reacts with astonishment when she doesn't get that - first from Gaurav and then from Sarita.

Edited by why6 - 10 years ago
 Nice reading everyone POV. But I didn't like today episode or Divya don't understand today episode. It is getting to confusing for me. She says she love Raj, and she would have kill the another girl of Raj, how stupid. But still a cute scene. And still she leaves why, family responsibillity. Why leave could she done that at home. No sence too me. Her family looks mature enough to take care of their own. Her side of the story is such a blur to me. Don't hope Divya is the negative person.  Don't think Divya or Raj will reunite at all. As for Sarita don't get her either why marry a man who doesn't love you and stay in that marriage, she doesn't seems she was forced at all. She seems to want to make Raj love her. But you cannot force someone to love you using your body. Also I didn't like how Sarita is shouting to her Mil before a guest. Call me old fashion in that sense, I believe having respect for elders even when they are mean. Maybe thats why I think l liked Radhika lol of CB she never raised her voice to her MIL or evil amma. She stayed respectfull and still made a point. Ohh well I know that is not reality. 
But I can't relate to the characters.  Lol I feel sorry for Raj. One woman knows that the man doesn't love her still she gets married to him other woman is, living in a bubble why didn't she explain to Raj. Love is understanding each other problems. No explanation what so ever that she will return. Maybe I'm taking mine conclusions too soon. Lets see.
Edited by ashna26 - 10 years ago
i really like sarite's attitude 2wards divya...its going to make it more interesting
I don' t agree with many of u...Divya was nt wrong forming negative image of Sarita...how will u react when someone comes to u and dash a plate on the table when u calmly interact with them...and also if ur elders shout at u will u do the same...
Divya is not aware of Sarita's emotional condition so if i was also at Divya's place i alao would have formed the same opinion...
And Divya is nt being selfish...its just that she was also alone all these 10 yrs without any love in her life...she had to become parents of her siblings...she had fame,money but her life was all empty...and when in these 10 yrs she did not marry anyone else she can little bit expect same from Raj but she knows that its a long time thats why she was crossing her fingers...
And as for Sarita...when she has audicity to shout at her MIL in front of a celebrity then why is she still living in this marriage...
I really think she loved Raj before marriage
I really have more sympathy for Divya...she has a family but the place of love in ur life cannot be taken by anything else and this place she always kept for Raj...she worked for 10 yrs for her family but now wants to live that 10 yrs again with her love however she knows the truth just don't want to accept

Originally posted by sparklingeyes

I don' t agree with many of u...Divya was nt wrong forming negative image of Sarita...how will u react when someone comes to u and dash a plate on the table when u calmly interact with them...and also if ur elders shout at u will u do the same...
Divya is not aware of Sarita's emotional condition so if i was also at Divya's place i alao would have formed the same opinion...

And Divya is nt being selfish...its just that she was also alone all these 10 yrs without any love in her life...she had to become parents of her siblings...she had fame,money but her life was all empty...and when in these 10 yrs she did not marry anyone else she can little bit expect same from Raj but she knows that its a long time thats why she was crossing her fingers...
And as for Sarita...when she has audicity to shout at her MIL in front of a celebrity then why is she still living in this marriage...
I really think she loved Raj before marriage
I really have more sympathy for Divya...she has a family but the place of love in ur life cannot be taken by anything else and this place she always kept for Raj...she worked for 10 yrs for her family but now wants to live that 10 yrs again with her love however she knows the truth just don't want to accept

@bold brown part
well Div was not wrong I agree. But why she told only Sarita is rude? She didn't even said one word against Kamla. Why? Isn't Kamla the one who started insulting Sarita first? If your MIL starts to insult u in front of the guest how will u react yaar? Hmm here u can tell Kamla is elder than her so she should keep mum. But she is tolerating her for 10 years not a little time.
And yes Div shouldn't reach to the conclusion without knowing the full story. Seems she can't understand that 10 years is a long time. She is thinking it was yesterday when she left Bhopal and today she returned.
She should try to know the story of 10 years before telling Sarita rude.