Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
@Sush:

Divya is not entirely wrong in forming her opinion against Sarita if you look at it from her POV.  Divya comes from a very cultured family where apparently everyone cares for each other.  Her parents must have been cultured too as the value system of her family is very different from Raj's family.  All siblings care for each other and share their thoughts.  When Divya's brother pointed out the reason for her anger, her SIL (Rohan's wife) scolded him.  But Divya was open enough to agree with his comment.  Raj that she knew was also cultured and her match.  He never shared anything about his family with her and she was so much only into him that she probably thought of his parents as being like Raj.

Then when she goes to his house for the first time, he sees only the mother who is so star struck.  She did cringe initially when Kamla was showing her true colors.  But then got shellshocked to hear about the wife - her worst fear that Raj has moved on coming through.  Also, when Kamla was asking Sarita to bring the tea, there was no response from her.  Then she brought the tea without any snacks ( a big inhospitable thing in India) and then slammed it on the table in a very rude manner.  Divya doesn't have any idea what Sarita is tolerating from this family or how she is being daily compared to Divya's serial role.  Or that Raj has ignored her for all these years because of Divya.  So she promptly forgot or chose to ignore Kamla's bad behavior.  Probably she justified to herself that Kamla was like that because Sarita is the bad one.  Also she apparently thinks highly of parents as she probably got very good parents who taught her to respect elders.

She was angry that Raj had moved on when she (Divya) apparently did not do so.  So she was faithful to him, but he was not  (again from her view point).  She knows that her life is an open book and she is a public figure.  So from her POV,  Raj knows that she never married anybody in 10 years.  Probably, she even was not linked with anybody or she could have said in interviews that there was nobody in her life.  So she assumed that Raj would know that she waited for him.  And here he married and that too an uncouth woman when he was a guy of refined tastes.  So her judgment of Sarita is coming from two factors - her anger at Raj and hence her desire to see Sarita as somebody unworthy of her Raj, and also because she probably thinks that Raj's parents are extension of Raj.   Another factor is a guilt in her that she did injustice to Raj.  She views Raj with rosy-colored glasses because he did so much for her - taught her acting, dress style, removed her fears and taught her to believe in herself.  Also distance of 10 years must have made her remember only the best things about him and more than likely she only saw the best of him because their relationship was so much outside his house life and in a different environment.

Also,  Sarita herself admitted that she is not behaving what she taught by her parents as Raj's family is uncouth and uncultured.  So the only way to deal with them is to become like them.  She is different with Raj - soft and quiet.  There is no communication between them probably because Raj has discouraged it.  So she looks at his chivalrous behavior (and he is considerate of her physical discomfort) and seems to fall for it.  Wonder if she herself ever tried to break his walls and just used her body to try to entice him.

He and Sheela (the sister) seem to be quite different from the rest of the family.  But Sarita has been brought down to a really low level because she has become Kamla in her behavior.  To me, it feels that it would also be Sarita's journey where she would also look at her behavior and probably realize that she too has fallen and become like people whom she detests (Kamla and her daughters).  It is more than likely that Divya would be the one to teach her that and she would be the one to teach Divya to look below the surface.  Divya still has not learnt to confront all her fears and she still wants to see what is convenient.  She ignores everything that doesn't belong in her comfort zone.  So it seems that it would be exploration of Divya and Sarita together where they would learn to look deep into themselves.  Raj too would in this exploration learn to open his eyes to other views because he too chooses to believe what he wants to believe.  

There is very little introspection on all three characters parts as of now.  If anything,  I see Divya the most mature of all three as she is open to a different view point and does listen to an alternative view point.  So more than likely she would be the first one to introspect in this triangular relationship.  Maybe the other relationship with Gaurav would help her too because he may be more grounded than other three.

However, I have to say one thing that creatives have been clever because according to the last synopsis and interview, it seems that the plan is to have Raj move on with Sarita with the help of Divya.  Before the show started, people were more interested in seeing Raj together with Divya as they are soulmates.  But now the opinion has shifted to have the ending that creatives have in mind.  So they have managed to create acceptance for Sarita in audience mind even though she is not Raj's soulmate.  So they are trying to show that soulmates do not always have to be together and people do and should move on.  If that is the theme, so far they are going in the right direction as of now.

In the end, I don't think that Divya is by any means an unsympathetic character just because she hoped that her love would wait for her or that she should not be heartbroken just because she clung to some impossible standard of somebody waiting for you.  They were her ideals that unfortunately did not come true.  She herself waited for Raj, otherwise she could have found somebody else too (rich, good looking and her intellectual equal) in those 10 years.  Sarita and Raj too went into this marriage with open eyes where Sarita was aware that Raj was not into this relationship even before they got married.  Raj too chose not to wait for Divya and decided to go ahead with the marriage for whatever reason (maybe had no means to support himself if the father cut him off or did not care).  So all three made choices.  If Sarita is getting sympathy for making her choice and still not finding happiness,  Divya deserves equal sympathy for that.  Why is she supposed to understand Sarita's behavior when she had never visited Raj's home before or had no knowledge of characters of this house?
Edited by why6 - 10 years ago
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
For me Divya is kind of a Diva..she does like people to love her as many of u said here but also is over confident and controling...also from the flashback she seemed so.. i am waiting for a one on one between her and Raj, both being stubborn one in her exagerated confidence in love and other in his exagerated anger and bitterness, common..10 years and hes still pissed off with life...it will b interesting to watch both reactions..
ekta15 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks a lot lot Misti and Angie .I think you should open a thread daily like in CB .Here all members don't read and actually we have not that deep thinking to understand characters as you have and I can see myself changing my view after reading your posts .
Your posts gave some peace .Reading other posts - the war of Divya & sarita was giving headache to me .One is saying Sarita and other Divya then sarita then Divya. I will include myself also in those .Somewhere we expect the leads to be white AND yesterday's Divya was going towards unexpected .Am not saying she did wrong or right.She was perfect at her own character and viewpoint and how much she knows of raj's mother that she will think sarita to be the one wrong in that scene creation.Also even after knowing Sarita to be the wife of raj ,she responded politely ,did wished her but Sarita didn't responded back the same way. Am again not saying sarita was wrong as she is being compared to Choti bahu since 10 years ,so she couldn't react back the same way.

And truly speaking audience is not wrong if they are more towards sarita.Its the cvs who are portraying like this .They themselves are planning to gain the sympathy for sarita ,I think and reason I don't know.
For Divya ,People are still not able to get and expecting some more logic behind Divya leaving raj .They are seeing that all siblings are like of same age and are capable of taking care of themselves.I even read somewhere this point .But before 10 years ,it was not same.At that time ,They were below 15 and were not capable of taking care of themselves,were not stand on their feet and Divya herself was also not but being the eldest one ,she had too . She found that responsibility to be fulfilled in mumbai as caeer of acting is there not in bhopal. So she had too .Yes ,why was she not in touch with Raj depends on their last meet where may be she had told the decision of leaving and raj's views regarding that or not accepting her decision.
But neither they showed even one scene of Divya and her brother sister ,so the audience could get the reason nor they showed Divya ,may be, explaining to raj .
so we  are only seeing that Divya left Raj and is still expecting Raj to wait for her which we think is selfish of her...

sparklingeyes thumbnail
Guys we are having sympathy for Sarita as according to articles she is gud but if we ignore those articles and just look at Sarita from day 1 of the show...i feel that maybe Sarita might be negative in approach...i mean come on if someone had slipped and is onthe floor and even if he/sheis rude but is our elder...we will help...
Maana kamla is also rude but maybe there had been a reason for that...
And if Raj is like what he is now that does nt mean Divya willbe held responsible for it...
If Raj was missing Divya so much then he also could have gone to her 2hats the mistake of Divya in Raj being rude to Sarita...

And Divya was nt wrong forming negative opinion for Sarita as it was Sarita who started the fight by banging the plate on the table...and only after that kamla started her taunts ...kamla even didn't said anything about sarita before she came with tea nd dashed the plate
Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: sparklingeyes

Guys we are having sympathy for Sarita as according to articles she is gud but if we ignore those articles and just look at Sarita from day 1 of the show...i feel that maybe Sarita might be negative in approach...i mean come on if someone had slipped and is onthe floor and even if he/sheis rude but is our elder...we will help...
Sparkling Sarita isn't bad at heart. Have u noticed she rushed to grab Kamla's hand when she slipped. If she was not good at heart she would just ignore it na? And we should not consider Sarita's day 1 in PV to say that she is negative. Because her day 1 in PV is after 10 years leap. I'm looking forward to see how was she before 10 years. Hope CVs will show it.
Maana kamla is also rude but maybe there had been a reason for that...
And if Raj is like what he is now that does nt mean Divya willbe held responsible for it...
If Raj was missing Divya so much then he also could have gone to her 2hats the mistake of Divya in Raj being rude to Sarita...

And Divya was nt wrong forming negative opinion for Sarita as it was Sarita who started the fight by banging the plate on the table...and only after that kamla started her taunts ...kamla even didn't said anything about sarita before she came with tea nd dashed the plate
Nahi yaar Kamla was calling names of her when she ordered her to bring tea. She didn't dashed that tea cup at the first place. She was offering it to Div and she was holding the cup I've watched it. But Kamla never stopped taunting her in the mean time so she dashed it.

sia_lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Acting wise, i liked all three. Rubi, Shristy and Kamla.

Coming to Divya...yes the makers need to show more of her. They have shown Sarita' character in such a manner that people have taken an instant liking for her. Infact even i love her character. Whereas for Divya they haven't made any effort. For me Divya was just being plainly human and felt jealous and hurt of the fact that Raj got married to someone else! That her Raj had now become someone else's and was sharing the beautiful relation of husband-wife with Sarita. She was jealous of Sarita and hence only spoke negative things about her, she found fault with everything in Sarita, not because Sarita's saree was wrong etc, but because she was her Raj's wife!

Plus, Kamla's words that Raj's life was destroyed because of this ill-mannered girl and that they are all suffering because of her made her think in an exactly opposite fashion. Divya's heart only registered those words and thought that the MIL was speaking badly abt her DIL and is being abusive to her because the DIL is ill mannered... whereas its the exact opposite. But Divya is unaware of what Sarita is going thru right? Its not Divya's fault.

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Raj would have never told Divya about her family ,  which deals in waste and they became rich , it was the story of rags to riches , but it does not polish you or give you class ..Yes Raj seems to be sober , as for him marrying Sarita , he could not has any say as happens in these kind of families where money marries money , kind of Business deal ...If Divya had visited this family before 10 years ,she should have backed down ..Sarita may be good in the starting but slowly became bitter where she is compared with fictional Chhoti Bahu , she says the same to her MIL . when it goes on where your husband is not interested in you and treatment from the other member , there comes a breaking point , either you give in to circumstances or become rebellious  not caring . Sarita must be having feelings for Raj , thats why she is taking all this nonsense
                  As for Divya , She feels betrayed when she never contacted Raj in 10 years and expecting that he is waiting for her ...So much of past which may put light on Sarita,s behavior..As for Raj i do not think at that time ,he also had any say ...Divya should be thanking her stars if she thinks rationally . Here guy is not independent , dominated by his father. 
   I am writing all this from my personal experience as i have seen this kind of families and already said , this Mittal,s PH knows the nerves of  this community ..
 Misti start your analysis and Angie yours comments  again ..

harianjana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Friends... 
I am havign a new thought in brain..
Kamla was at starting shown to be silent, but a bit innocent..
but now she was scolding sarita.. and was hating her. 
Why?? In the first episode I felt Kamla to be uneducated potaphilique. but she was not that rough , and was smooth. 
But after leap she became so much rude... why??
and she who was more traditional, was thinkign to remarry her son.. 
we are looking sarita baring the rudeness of Kamla. 
but we are not seeing Kamla's rudeness..
there was a definite change in her behaviour pre and post leap 
sia_lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: harianjana

Friends... 

Why?? In the first episode I felt Kamla to be uneducated potaphilique. but she was not that rough , and was smooth. 

Umm...may be because of some other woman in her life. Remember the article said that she would turn bitter when Sohanlal would bring some other woman in his life. Now am wondering where is Sohanlal?? Does he stay with this family or with his other woman?
SushSathisha thumbnail
Originally posted by: harianjana

Friends... 

actually u r true i think only with sariuta she is like that maybe bcoz sarita is also having the same behaviour towards kamla so might be possible