Channel V Dil Dosti Dance

SwaRon OS: Bas Main aur Tu

..Shweta.. thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Bas Main aur Tu

(based on this beautiful old song)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XPWqEtbq2w[/YOUTUBE]

Happy Valentine's Day, -Swayam

She opened the blue velvet box to find a diamond ring. She attempted to bring a half-hearted smile to her face, for his sake but soon gave up. As if he was actually here to be affected by her disappointment.

Tying her hair up in a bun, she trudged over to the kitchen counter to see he left his gift at home, with of course another note.

I have 3 back-to-back meetings, how was I to eat chocolate covered strawberries dear? You know how messy it is. I had one this morning though, it was very good.
-Swayam

5 years of marriage. 4 1/2 years of living like strangers.

They said what marriage felt like in the beginning wasn't to last. And I was foolish enough to disagree.

She knew he loved her, so did she. And she knew they said what's on the inside is what matters, but not when it seems as if the love he held changed into just a mere sense  responsibility.

She couldn't even remember the last time they had dinner together.

And like she did every day, she pulled the old letters out, their first bottle of champagne, the movie tickets from their first date, and of course all that was left of that first rose.

Sometimes it felt like those moments belonged to a different life.

She was just about ready to hit the sack. She glanced over to the phone one more time as if it was going to help anything. Why did she even bother?

And that's when she heard the first crash.

"What the hell!" she rubbed her thigh to see she was attacked by a rock, with a letter wrapped around it.

She opened it up to see it read,

Kuch yaad aya?

No way… She rushed over to the window to see him on one knee, looking ridiculous in his high-school jeans and Abercrombie V-neck that barely fit him, with a sign that read "Main Khiladi Tu Anari?"

It was an odd first film but yes, that was the one. She couldn't believe he remembered.

"Only if you go change into an outfit you can breathe in," she shouted out before grabbing her shawl for the chilly Michigan evening.

He had actually set up the projector, the old bouncy couch from the garage, and the chocolate covered strawberries from this morning.

Making herself comfortable on the couch praying with all her might she doesn't wake up to find this is a dream, she felt him settle down next to her.

"Thanks," she molded into his chest.

"No, thank you," he handed her a cherry diary.

Her cherry diary.

"Thank you for dealing with this emotionally challenged husband of yours, for never asking for more than what was his romantic capability, for not breaking his heart every time he gifted you some expensive hollow gift, and for keeping your faith in his love despite the lack of evidence that it even existed anymore,"

Her eyes began to cloud with emotions as he pulled out a rose, "Happy Valentine's Day love,"

My smile was a mile wide as I let my vulnerable eyes gleam into his shining with love before pressing my lips to his. His response reflected that same thirst that I'd been feeling for so long.

"Alright now before I change my mind, someone turn the projector on," I groaned as I brought the movie to our favorite part.

"MAIN KHILADI… TU ANARI!" I started with my tone deaf voice, just like old times shouting it rather than singing from the top of my lungs.

I saw his lips curl into the same suppressed smile from high school. "Damn that 90's music is catchy!" He cursed before joining me in my mediocre thumkas.

And for a moment it felt like time had stood still, it was just me and him, and our love.

I really missed this.

Old Music has it's charm, penned this down as I listened to this song on repeat.

Hope you liked it!

-Shweta

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Twinkle_d3 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awww
nyc one..
Lovely os
_Deepika_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
U are such a beautiful writer dear...😳

When I listened to the song..i knew the concept...her feelings...

I loved the way u portrayed her emotions...sometimes its not about expensive gifts...its just about that gift of love...a single rose can express his love more than any expensive diamond ring ...i could feel these lines...

She knew he loved her, so did she. And she knew they said what's on the inside is what matters, but not when it seems as if the love he held changed into just a mere sense  responsibility.

She couldn't even remember the last time they had dinner together.

And like she did every day, she pulled the old letters out, their first bottle of champagne, the movie tickets from their first date, and of course all that was left of that first rose.

Sometimes it felt like those moments belonged to a different life.

Loved Swayam here...the lover boy..lost in the cruel rat race..his way of making her feel LOVED...

"Thank you for dealing with this emotionally challenged husband of yours, for never asking for more than what was his romantic capability, for not breaking his heart every time he gifted you some expensive hollow gift, and for keeping your faith in his love despite the lack of evidence that it even existed anymore,"

AMAZING OS ...love ur beautiful way of  portraying emotions

Luv
Deep
Edited by deep_Tanha - 10 years ago
pooja123456 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
aww...
really cute os!
neeliyer thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wah .. it was nice, small and sweet .. beautifully written .. n its damn true 90's songs are still very catchy 😃

Nice work ..

-spongy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
awesome nice lovely os..
loved it
please do pm me ur works
8JSmileyFace8J thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
HOW CUTE IS THAT!!!
a really pleasent and cute OS!!
i realy loved it!!
especially the ending!!
nice job!!
definitely a pleasure to read your writings!!
ToujoursPur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
old music is not the only thing which has charm...

your writing possesses it in tons.

the entire os had a very contented feel...and a feeling of... well, sure love...which needs to be kindled sometimes.

love is one thing which may not be expressive----but if present, it will sing to you...someday, somehow...and forever...but it does not need a mike...(.a metaphor, i use to describe the expensive gifts.)

love--medha
Edited by medhasarkar - 10 years ago