SandCastle. thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

IONLY....

3rd May,2013. Carter Road, Mumbai.

Gunjan was pacing her living room, checking her phone for messages & contact list. She was waiting for her husband Rajeev to arrive home. It was already 10:30 PM & he was late today. Though Gunjan was used to wait now for him as he usually arrived late. Rajeev had told her to not wait for him & instead told her to rest as even she had her own boutique to attend to but Gunjan never listened & still used to wait for him.

As she sat down on the Couch, she reminscised about her days with Rajeev. It had been almost 9 months since they got married. It was an Arranged Marriage for both of them. Rajeev's Mother Savitri & Gunjan's Mother Sneha were Best Friends & wanted both their children to get married to each other. Just 1.5 years ago, Gunjan had came back from US after completing her studies & acquiring a degree in Fashion Designing. It was her passion & now she was a famous Fashion Designer owning her own boutique. Gunjan's Mom had convinced her to meet Rajeev just once & Gunjan hesitantly agreed. She wasn't sure whether she really wanted an arranged marriage but she still decided to give it a shot as she had been unlucky in Love where her relationship's always ended badly with her Past Lovers. She & Rajeev met for the 1st time at a Coffee Shop & Gunjan had felt immense physical attraction to him that day itself. He was of the perfect description like they say in those movies & books: Tall, Dark & Handsome. Rajeev with his gentleman behaviour impressed her even further & Gunjan started liking the idea of spending her life with him. She asked for some more time for her mother & they both started meeting more oftenly. After 4 months, Gunjan had given her approval for the wedding & It was a Yes from Rajeev's side too. She had fallen in love with Rajeev during those 4 months & couldn't wait to get married to him. Rajeev was the complete opposite of Gunjan, where Gunjan was an extrovert, full of life, always bursting with happiness but at the same time, She was impulsive & impateint too. Wheareas Rajeev was an introvert, quiet & intense, he was a complete Gentleman but was also mysterious. These qualities of Rajeev attracted Gunjan towards him & she wanted to unravel his mysteries slowly.

After marriage, they had moved to Mumbai from Delhi, as Rajeev's father wanted him to handle their family business in there. Mr & Mrs. Agarwal still stayed in their Delhi home along with their younger son, Vihaan, who had completed his studies in London & was back to Delhi just 2 months ago. Gunjan hadn't met Vihaan yet as he didn't even come for their wedding due to his impending final exams.

Gunjan surely had the Perfect Life which every girl dreamt of. She had followed her passion & was a successful fashion designer, she had her own house, a high standard of living & most importantly, an ideal husband, who cared for her & pampered her beyond limits. She felt really lucky to have a husband like Rajeev. There was just 1 imperfection in her perfect life. Her husband Rajeev, did NOT love her.

She knew this well. Her husband was the ideal one, always caring & attentive of her but she couldn't see the same Love in his eyes for her which Gunjan had for him. She Loved him a lot & wanted him to love her the same way but it couldn't happen yet. They were Husband & Wife in all ways & made Love to each other too but Gunjan could sense that Rajeev lacked that passion for her which she had for him. She had asked him a lot of times, Do You Love Me? & Rajeev would just smile & nod his head in a Yes but Gunjan knew it was not true. She didn't complain to him but & usually responded with an, I Love You too & a Kiss. She knew Rajeev didn't want to dissapoint her & so used to lie to her but Gunjan loved him so much, that she could sense Rajeev's dissapoinment. She knew something was hurting him, something probably from the Past which Rajeev hadn't told her yet. Nevertheless, She was ready to wait for him, Today & everyday of her Life. Her Only wish was to get him to love her, like She did. If Only...

The doorbell rang & Gunjan was pulled out of her reverie. She opened the door & saw her husband smiling at her, she smiled back at him & welcomed him home. Inquiring about his day, she asked him to freshen up & served him dinner. She sat with him at the table talking to him & gazing at him lovingly. They retired to their bed at midnight & Out of habit Gunjan snuggled in Rajeev's arms closer to him & Rajeev hugged her tightly as he kissed her & they slept peacefully.

2 Days Later,

Vihaan was in Mumbai due to some work & desired to meet his brother & bhabhi. Rajeev told him that he would be late & asked him to still go home & spend some time with Gunjan. Vihaan arrived at their residence & was greeted by Gunjan with a warm smile. Vihaan made himself comfortable & both of them begin to bond over a cup of coffee, talking random things.

"Sorry Bhabhi for not coming for your & bhai's wedding. Those exams didn't allow me to. MBA is seriously hectic! BTW Your really Beautiful & Fantastic, I am Proud of Bhai's choice"

"Thank You so much Vihaan. Even your brother is handsome & I am really lucky to have him". Gunjan said blushingly.

"Well, I am glad Bhai has been able to move on from his Past & that accident & all credit goes to you for that. Thank You for coming into Bhai's Life".

"Wait, umm, what Past & what Accident?" Gunjan asked with a puzzled look & intrigued by Vihaan's words.

"You don't know about it? Hasn't Bhai told you about it yet? Shit!" Vihaan cursed himself for uttering those words & for causing such a blunder.

"What Past are you talking about? Look, Vihaan please tell me. I always had a doubt that there is something in Past which is troubling Rajeev but I never asked him cause I didn't know for sure but now hearing your words, I feel my suspicion was right. Vihaan Please tell me what is the matter? PLEASE?

"But Bhabhi, I can't tell you anything without Bhai's Permission. If he hasn't told you yet there must be some reason for it. Wait for sometime, he might tell you when the time is right".

"You don't understand Vihaan. I know something is troubling him & I wanna know what it is, so that I can help him move on from it. Whatever that thing is Vihaan, please tell me so that I can help him forget it. Let me atleast try, Please?".

"Okay Bhabhi, If you are so insistent on knowing it, I'll tell you but Please don't tell Bhai that I told you about this".

"I promise Vihaan. Not a word".

"It's all a thing happened in the Year 2007. Almost 6 years back. Bhai was in Love with his Childhood friend, Avantika. She was Arvind Uncle's Daughter who was Dad's Best Friend. We called her Avni lovingly. Bhai was very much in Love with Avni & even Avni was. They had attended High School & College together & were always with each other which made their love even stronger. They could feel each other's love &  it just grew stronger with each passing day. They had just not confessed their Love to each other & Bhai was planning to do that. Just after completing his Graduation, Bhai, Avni, Me, My Girlfriend Rachna & few other friends packed to go for a vacation to Shimla. Bhai had Planned to propose to Avni  there at the Hill Point in a very romantic way. One evening he took her in a Jeep to propose to her, we all knew about it & so had decided to not disturb them & let them  go alone. After sometime I got a call from Bhai's phone informing me about the accident that had taken place. We all rushed to the hospital & asked Mom & Dad to arrive immediately.  Bhai & Avni's Condition was very critical & after an operation Bhai was saved but unfortunately, Avni couldn't survive due to blood loss & internal injuries. When Bhai came to know of Avni's death, he was in a state of Shock. He couldn't handle the trauma of loosing Avni forever & blamed himself for her death. His condition was so bad that we had to send him to a Rehabilitation Center for treatment to overcome the trauma. It took him more than a year to overcome the Loss & start life afresh in a normal way. Slowly he started to live again, got himself involved in Dad's Business. He was not ready to get married & was deciding to live a single life. It was after a lot of convincing & blackmailing from  Mom's side to get him to agree for marriage & after a lot of rejecting, he finally decided to marry you, maybe because you remind him of Avni. She was just like you". Vihaan Smiled.

Gunjan was almost  in tears now. She couldn't imagine what trauma her husband had to go through. He always tried to make her & the people around him smile despite of being so hurt himself. She felt really even more lucky to have him In her life now.

"Thanks a lot Vihaan, Thanks for letting me know". Gunjan said wiping her tears.

Vihaan just squeezed her hand & gave her a reassuring smile.

That Night, as Rajeev & Gunjan lay on their Bed, Gunjan was still lost in her thoughts. She looked at Rajeev & saw him already in deep sleep. She had a million thoughts flowing into her head after that conversation with Vihaan. She felt that Rajeev was still hurt with that Accident & blames himself for Avantika's death. Deep in her heart, she also knew that Rajeev was probably still in Love with Avantika. What she couldn't figure out was, what was keeping Rajeev away from loving her? The Guilt which he faced cause of Avni's death? Did he fear that he would lose her too if he loved her? Or was it that Love for Avantika, from which Rajeev couldn't move on yet & so he couldn't bring himself to love her? These thoughts were causing a Hovoc in Gunjan's mind. She turned on her place in bed & was facing Rajeev now. She stared at his face & all her thoughts vanished from her head. Placing her palm on his cheek, she kissed him on his forehead & smilingly thought to not give up. She would try hard & even harder to gain Rajeev's Love. She would not give up on her Love for him & will make him fall for her. Her faith on her Love was very strong & she was sure that even if Rajeev never loves her, her love will be enough for both of them for their entire lifetime. She would try her best to make him forget his dreaded past & fill his life with only sweet memories. With a determined look on her face, she had decided to make him fall for her & to make their life perfect. With this thought, she snuggled closer to Rajeev & resting her head on his chest, she put her arms around him smilingly. Rajeev hugged her back tightly & smiled contentedly in deep sleep as if reassuring her faith in him unknowingly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SandCastle. thumbnail
Hmmm. So Guys, I wrote this OS long time back & finally decided to Post it, all thanks to Ranju & Hashii 🤗 

After writing this, I had thought it Sucks & still think 😆 But these 2 told me it ain't that bad & hence, I finally collected enough guts to post it :P 😆 

I know its horrible but since it's my 1st here, Please bear with it 😆 

Criticism/Appreciation/Rotten Tomatoes & Eggs/Chappals are most welcome 🤣 Please don't forget to give something out of these 😆😆

& Yeah as some may already know, The Title is inspired by the Movie- If Only... 
I Love that film & hence decided to use it here too 😳 

Please Let me know what you think 😳

Like & Comment 😃

-Sandy 🤗
Edited by SandCastle. - 10 years ago
braich_gal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
AWESOME FANTABULOUS AMAZINGLY WRITTEN!! You already know how much I love this OS!! ❤️ ❤️ Am so happy you decided to post it!!!

I hope you are going to continue the story...🤗

Ps: I'll write a longer review once I  get access to a pc...using phone atm...😉 Pakka promise...
Edited by braich_gal - 10 years ago
HashiBoo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for posting this .. ❤️❤️

REs
Edited by Hashii - 10 years ago
manchaadi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Instead of tomatoes, I am sending you a Lots and lots of hugs and kisses to Mumbai🤗❤️

I have no words my candy..  You have done a BANG UP job !! Just felt like I am reading some fiction wriiten by an awesome writer! I was fully engrossed in it from the beginning to end.  What i liked more is your portrayal of Rajeev's journey! Also how Gunjan pursued her dreams😃 I loved evry bit of it.. the way they both cuddled each other You have done something which cvs never could do! How beautifully and convincingly you narrrated Rajeev's past and his present disposition😊

You surely have the ability to write a book babes! I always wanted to write one. After getting settling down and all that.. We all have one dream which we know will never happen right?DOnt we?😲 Or may be I have it😆 writing a book is that kind of dream😆 But You are definitely an inspiration😳

Accept my hugs and kisses😳
two teddy bears on a bench with arms around each other - stock photo

Two cute Teddy bears hugging by Freehand drawing. - stock photo
Edited by manchaadi - 10 years ago
ok tell me, babes...what u want to eat 1st??? chappals or andae??? 😡...am in mood of giving you both😡 cuz how could you delay posting such beautiful story😕...i mean it was so good, u r under-estimating urself babes...and i think its more of a SS then OS, according to me..i don't know about others...

1st of all ur title, seems like u r into romantic english movies..1st it was serendipity then If only, my guess for your next OS title would be "Walk to remember"😆...btw ur title was totally apt for this gunjeev story...If only which directly or indirectly means a wish...a wish of past which really didn't occur...rajeev wish to be with avni, gunjan wish to see love in Rajeev's eye for herself...am totally impressed👏👏

i loved the fact that u made gunjeev's wedlock as a arranged one...rarely somebody do that...i guess i know why u have made it arrange...for me i think u want to show that more than love, its the mutual understanding, faith, trust and a dedication to work on ur relationship,that is more important for a successful and happy marriage then solely having love..which again impressed me , specially the deepness you have in your thoughts👏

i totally loved the part where you showed that Rajeev don't love gunjan but still he do care about her alot...whether saying not to wait for him, or hugging and kissing gunjan, or hiding his past just cuz he doesn't want to make that gunjan get disturb by his past...wow!!!! am in totally love with this rajeev..i swear, what a great person he is..seriously, i wish i can get life partner just like him😳

awww...i loved bhabhi devar convo, u made it so natural...ur writing has that freshness sandy, which give it a very light and lively feel, and which makes me want to read more😳...revealing the truth to gunjan part was very well written...i loved how there was a balance of different emotions...that tragedy part was quite painful..ahhh...totally inspired from If only movie😳...i was imagining divaynka as avni😆...getting separated from ur beloved ones doesn't come easily..u have to face the side effects and in this case not only rajeev but gunjan got the brunt as well...but my god!!! i loved how u portrayed it, i loved how gunjan act maturely, and is so intelligent unlike in sslk🥱

am in totally love in the last scene where she see rajeev and make her mind that she will do everything to make rajeev fall in her love...it was so beautifully written san diego i can't tell u...if u were present in front of me...i would have hugged you🤗, all the praises are less for this beautiful and lovely composition by you...I totally totally loved it, i think i will cry if i read it one more time..plz do more of SS/OS/FF...u have already made one fan, and this fan wants to see more of ur work..i know i will totally enjoy it😊

lots of love and kisses
🤗🤗

and other people...ahhh, u guys are just LAZY PEEPS,how could u avoid doing analysis😛😛...learn from me dat how to be sincere😎😆,you will surely land up in good places😉😆
Edited by riva2987 - 10 years ago
braich_gal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ok Sandy bear...as promised...a longer review...just a warning though...i'm not good at giving reviews/analyzing...🤔

Let me repeat one thing first!! This is AWESOME FANTABULOUS and AMAZINGLY WRITTEN!! 👏 👏 👏 🤗

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10)

I loved how you made Gunjan a successful boutique owner 👍🏼...it seems right that she is a woman with dreams and a career, a successful business which she runs on her own. This is just the way I always imagined Gunjan to be in future...successful and independent.  unlike the Gunjan we're seeing in the show these days...college jaane ki naam bhi nahin liya!!! 😡 😡

Rajeev's mom - ok...i have to say this...when i read that she and Sneha are best friends...i just couldn't imagine SD as the same person in the show...so I'm actually imagining that SD is played by the lady who played Aditya's mom!! 😆

But you know when i fell in love with this OS??????? at this line!!!

"She & Rajeev met for the 1st time at a Coffee Shop & Gunjan had felt immense physical attraction to him that day itself." ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

You inserted a cafe shop romance!!!!! it's not much but I LOVE YOU FOR THIS!!!!

🤗 🤗  🤗 🤗  🤗 🤗  🤗 

I liked the fact that Gunjan, although liking Rajeev asked for more time instead of rushing into the wedding. and Rajeev...Oh God...I love this Rajeev!!! ❤️  a gentleman but a mysterious gentleman...a man with a past!! As I read more about his past...I was reminded of Sanjay Dutt's role in the movie Chal Mere Bhai...he was in love with Sonali but they met an accident and she dies...

This Gunjeev jodi is like ying & yang ☯️ ☯️...one is extrovert, full of life, always bursting with happiness and the other is an intorvert, quiet and intense!! They complete each other!!! just like in the show..they're total opposites...and that was one of the things that made me like the GunJeev jodi ☯️ ❤️ ...unfortunately it's not happening in the show...💔

Heartbreak!!! 💔 Rajeev cares for Gunjan but does not love her 😔...yet...and Gunjan realizes this but is willing to wait!!! 

Vihaan finally meeting his bhabhi for the first time!! Perfectly written...this Vihaan doesn't seem to be like the spoilt brat of the show but a decent fellow!!!  loved the way he blabs out about Rajeev's past not knowing that Gunjan still didn't know about it...😆

I really want to see how this story progress now that she's found out about Rajeev's past from Vihaan...I want to see how Rajeev confesses to her about his past and starts to feel for her as well..not as Avni but as Gunjan...I want to see how Gunjan makes him forget his past and move on in life...  

Darling Sandy...i really really really hope you are going to continue this story!!!  PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
🤗  🤗 🤗  🤗 

Edited by braich_gal - 10 years ago
JShiv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
OMG OMG OMG OMG😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 Sandy🤗

OMG i don't know what to say. 😕 😲 😆 Sandy baby i just got a chance to read this OS after so many days and man it was the best OS ever the best i've red so far on this whole of IF🤗 You are the best😳 It was so good i felt as if i was watching this story on my computer screen i didn't want it to end, it was that good. Every thing was spot on from beginning to end you are truly one fantastic writer and i love you for that 🤗 Man i will have to read it again i love love love it And why didn't you post it earlier no one can dare to say this OS has faults its faultless😛 Even if you don't like Gunjeev after reading this i'm sure you will change your mind that's how good this is. I hope to read many such OS from you in the future cause you are one amazing girl with loads of talent and i want more OS from you😈😆 I love it and i love you🤗
HashiBoo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for posting this .. ❤️

Ok .. sorry for late reply .. 

I am proud to say that I got the privilege to read this first ... And Sandy I already told you .. no one can say that this is your first OS👍🏼 .. Its so so so beautiful .. and the flow, the concept and the content just spot on .. 👍🏼

The first thing I like about this is all the characters are different from the serial .. Only the names have been  used ... But then again I love you so much for making sneha alive👏 .. I believe thats where Gunjans life started to become miserable in the serial😭 .. 

Starting from the title.. Beautiful and really goes with the story .. And so sweet of Gunjan to wait for her husband even after Rajeev wants her to sleep instead of waiting .. 

I dont know from where u got the idea to make Sneha and Savitir best friends🤣 ..That idea tho best hai👍🏼 ..  and again I am happy that Gunjan has completed her studies  and make her succesful in her career.👏👏👏. and the thought of arranged marriage and her past unsuccessful relationships  is very practical .. and I love the way you describe the way Gunjan and rajeevs first meeting to their marriage .❤️.and the thoughts are very girly ...  .. Who wont like a gentleman who is tall dark and handsome ..

And its so beautifully written how Gunjans life with all the happiness's  and the end u mentioned the  only missing thing but the most important thing that is Rajeevs love😭. . And its so real the way you have mentioned that though rajeev is not in love with Gunjan the way she loves him but they live like a real couple in every way .. 🤗

And this Gunjan is really matured👏 ,,the way she is dealing with Rajeev without pressurizing him to tell her the reason he is not in love with her but dealing it with lots of patience .. 👍🏼🤗

And Gunjan and Vihans confrontation is so sweet where she got to know the past secret of rajeev which she was eagerly waiting to know .. And .. Rachna is Vihans Gf👍🏼 but she is not gunjans cousin.. that means she doesnt have any relationship with Gargs🥳 ... I am so happy ... 
And the past incident of Rajeevs life is not an easy one to forget and move on .. But he is trying his best and luckily he is blessed with a wife who can understand the situation .. And its so beautifully stated the questions popping in Gunjans mind ..  But I REALLY LOVE the ending❤️ .. its just too good .. I love this Gunjan she is just awesome ... I read the ending manny times .. the way she is determined to make the ir life perfect and the way Rajeev assure that unknowingly by hugging her tightly .. 😳

So my darling Twinno .. I love this for bits ..❤️🤗 .I hope you ll make this to FF.. Please keep writing .. You are too good at this .. Love you and the OS immensely... ❤️🥳🤗