Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Enjoy designing for period dramas: Neerushaa

A

Enjoy designing for period dramas: Neerushaa
Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap
History student Neerushaa, who has designed costumes for shows like " Maharana Pratap", " Kuch To Log Kahenge" and " Mahadev", enjoys working on period dramas despite facing limitations.

"If someone is a creative person, he or she will enjoy these shows more than a normal social drama. Of course, there are limitations here, which is probably not there in a normal drama. You have to maintain royalty and originality at the same time," Neerusha told IANS.

Research plays a very important role in such shows.

"I am a history student, so it is a close connection for me. If I have a Rajasthan-based subject, (I have to keep in mind that) each king used to have a different turban. It is something where you can't go wrong. Mughal and Rajput costumes have a fine difference. We have done a lot of research for these shows," she said.

Currently working on "Maharana Pratap", which will go on air Monday on Sony, she said: "It was a tough time line. We have created the costumes in 15 days."

Talking about the costumes, she said: "No costume is less than a lakh (of rupees). The jewellery, which we have used, is close to original uncut diamonds. I hope people like it," she said.

However, one thing is common between period drama and contemporary show - the first look, she feels.

"The first thing that makes a difference is a visual treat. Visual treat can be art direction and costume. How your characters look is the first step towards liking a show. Obviously this is up to the designer to create such a look," Neerushaa said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_gReenheaRt_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

The costumes are really good,loved Rajshri's queen attirešŸ˜³