Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Scared doing Mythological shows: Aashka Goradia

Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | May 28, 2013, 03.31 PM IST
Share More
A
A
3 & 4 BHK Flats in Pune
gera.in/Calll-Us(020)-6726-5883 - I-Pad Controlled Automated Homes Gera's Trinity Towers, Kharadi Pune
READ MORE Uday Singh|Faisal|Dharti Ka Veer Putra…Maharana Pratap|Bigg Boss|Aashka Goradia
Aashka Goradia needs no introduction. Aashka in Maharana Pratap is indeed a return to her very own channel Sony Entertainment Television as she did notable work with the channel. 

Aashka though left some sour memories with TV audiences through Color's Bigg Boss, she is all set to regain all the love with Dharti Ka Veer Putra...Maharana Pratap.

Why a costume drama 'Maharana Pratap' post Bigg Boss? By god's grace I have done all kinds of shows and played various characters right from a girl next door, a vamp, a psychotic doll, a lawyer, seedi-sadhi bahu, did reality shows like Bigg Boss, Fear Factor and now a historical. Actually historical was something untouched by me and I am scared doing mythos doesn't know why. Actually God will have to come and tell me to do Mythological shows. But yes, I wanted to do a costume drama and I am here. 

So how is the experience so far? It's great and I was not aware how will I do this in such a scorching heat with such a heavy costumes. But yes! We are doing it and I am happy. 

Tell us something about your character in Maharana Pratap? I am playing Dheerbai Bathiyani, she is the most beautiful wife of Uday Singh. She married Uday Singh just because the power he had and in the contrary he married to her because of her beauty. She is the most favourite wife of Uday Singh. She wanted to be the queen of Mewad. She loves her family, she loves Uday Singh and dots on Pratap. She is in love with Pratap and is mesmerized with him. 

Why did you take Bhatiyaani Bai's role? I took the role because audiences will see how history changed just because of this women, she brought in a lot of changes in the tradition and culture that was followed and made for women in those days. She was that capable to speak in public when women were not even allowed to come in public without the long 'palloo' and speak to anyone. The next reason would be the channel as Sony has always been close to me. 

As you said Bhatiyani bai was mersmerised with Pratap's personality and braveness, how far you are impressed with the little Faisal who plays Maharana? Talking about Faisal then I am going to adopt him, I am going to take him home along with me and I am going to be his mother. Yes! I know Geeta Kapur is his first mother but I am going to be his second mother. Because I think the boy represent an idol child for anyone, he is so down to earth, he is so curious to know everything about everyone, he very hardworking boy I have ever seen. He is no tantrum throwing child, I have never seen him demanding anything, want anything, the only desire in his eyes is he wants to become something and I am sure he will achieve it. 

Now that you are all impressed by Faisal, how was your first meeting with him? You will not believe, Faisal ran away when he saw me first. May be he thought the next probable thing I would do to him was I will slap him. But then I realized that may be is a bit uncomfortable with me and then I went to him and in his ears I whispered "listen! You know what? you are going to have maximum fun with me, so better be friends with me" and then we cracked with each other. After which mine and his day starts with each other. All in all I love that boy. 

Lastly, you want to say something to you audiences? We are putting in a lot of efforts and hope our show rock the TRPs charts. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
she was looking good 
anu93 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Good answers Ashka
Awww Faisal ran away seeing her for 1st time😆then both became good friends😃 So cute
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awww she's really sweet
thnx for sharing
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
i read that queen bhatiyani wanted her son to be the ruler of mewad after udai singh..and she forced udai singh to declare her son as his successor..not pratap..
sad to read this..so loving her bond with pratap..y did it change
cherryberry293 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: niyati13

i read that queen bhatiyani wanted her son to be the ruler of mewad after udai singh..and she forced udai singh to declare her son as his successor..not pratap..

sad to read this..so loving her bond with pratap..y did it change

Even I have read d same... But it happened many times in our history.
Haven't v all read the same in Ramayan as well... Where Kaikayi forced Dashrath to send Raam for Vanvas... Nd Maharana Pratap was an ancestor of Shri Raam... So I guess history repeated itself in MP's history... (somewhat similar)

Queen Bhatiyani was a mother nd which mother don't wanna see her child at d supreme post??

Whatever it will b in future track, I'm sure v all r gonna have worth watching epis...

And Ashka looks beautiful nd undoubtedly she is one of d talented actresses on TV