Rules to be kept in mind before posting

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
Helloz people,

Time for some rules for the forum, which I guess was needed for a long time, but nevertheless, better late than never.

Some rules from hereon, please keep in mind before you post any comment, remember I am not taking any freedom from you, I surely cant do that, but we all are forgetting some thin lines.  So before we do that again and again, here we go Starting with some short rules this time :

1) NO ATTACKING/MOCKING OTHER MEMBER VIEWS: This is a growing problem that we are seeing. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and their views. If you dont agree about it, thats fine. Everyone is different so its only natural that people views/comments will be different. What we are seeing are members attacking and mocking other members because of their views. Comments like "what is wrong with you?"..."how can you think like that?"...etc... are running rampant on the forum. Lately most reported posts have been regarding this matter. If you dont agree with someone, thats fine. Do so in a respectful wayMocking and pointing fingers at fellow members is not helping anyone and wont be tolerated. If someone is breaking rules, then report it but do not take it into your own hands. Most importantly do not do moral policing - preaching, as to tell a member what to do and what not to do.

*NOTE: Breaking any of these rules above will result in ONLY ONE WARNING. If the behavior continues, then WARNING LEVEL WILL BE RAISED IMMEDIATELY.* 

2) CHECK IF THE ISSUES HAS BEEN DEALT WITH: So, here's another growing problem. One comment/topic is reported almost 5 times AFTER ITS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF. Next time when reporting a comment/topic that you feel breaks forum or IF rules, just double check to see if any DT member has left a note or dealt with it already. If they havent, they go ahead and report it. If it has, then dont. That way, we will be able to get to reported posts faster, rather than going over the same comment/topic 5 different times. 

Also make sure you dont post repeated topics, only emoticons, etc while commenting. And no external links are being posted. 

I guess this should be enough from me for the day/s. Lets keep the peace in the forum and be a member in true sense.
Edited by *Resham* - 10 years ago
Posted: 10 years ago
That is very much needed.thanks