Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6

Return of Classical Dance Forms

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
So I'm a huge classical dance lover and unfortunately that dance form has slowly started to fade out with the newer generation. How many of you want to more classical dance forms this time around in Jhalak? And we have the perfect judge to judge those classical dance forms? Any takers? Do you think any of the choreographers have the potential to give their partner a great classical dance to perform?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Hi CPR!

I guess I'm in the minority who enjoys watching western dance forms. I'm not a big fan of Indian classical dance forms although I enjoy watching them occasionally. Perhaps my non Indian connections could be one reason but I really don't know

As for the choreographers, I don't think the current lot can do justice to a pure classical act. since all of their fortes are western forms
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Originally posted by: NadzGirl...

Hi CPR!

I guess I'm in the minority who enjoys watching western dance forms. I'm not a big fan of Indian classical dance forms although I enjoy watching them occasionally. Perhaps my non Indian connections could be one reason but I really don't know

As for the choreographers, I don't think the current lot can do justice to a pure classical act. since all of their fortes are western forms

That's actually what really saddens me. Pure classical dance forms have been lost because now its all about being westernized. I'm a trained Bharatnatyam dancer. I've taken it for 7 years and maybe that's why I have so much love for classical dance forms. Even my sister learned Kathak from Madhuri's sister. I guess that's why I'm so attached. Its so sad that the dance form has been lost in the crowd. :(
DianaPrince thumbnail

I  love classical dance forms-be it indian or western.
On JDJ maybe yes but i don't think classical forms are disappearing.
some are really popular abroad like Bharatnatyam,kathak,ballet and so on.
i would rather say the traditional folk dance is more becoming rare. Madz and Remo can be a good judge for classical as madz has done kathak whereas remo chauu.
As for the choreographers, the have assistants and they themselves are good dancers,they might learn it themselves.

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
OMG I just saw this and yes we get to start out the season with a classical performance!!!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZQqtV0CxdWg[/YOUTUBE]
BIackSwan thumbnail
Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

That's actually what really saddens me. Pure classical dance forms have been lost because now its all about being westernized. I'm a trained Bharatnatyam dancer. I've taken it for 7 years and maybe that's why I have so much love for classical dance forms. Even my sister learned Kathak from Madhuri's sister. I guess that's why I'm so attached. Its so sad that the dance form has been lost in the crowd. :(

Wow you're trained for 7 years? That's incredible. Do you still dance?

No wonder you're attached to classical forms. I of course don't have an idea about Indian dancing styles as I've witnessed performances only through either DID seasons or few Bollywood songs like Devdas 
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Originally posted by: NadzGirl...

Wow you're trained for 7 years? That's incredible. Do you still dance?

No wonder you're attached to classical forms. I of course don't have an idea about Indian dancing styles as I've witnessed performances only through either DID seasons or few Bollywood songs like Devdas 

Yup 7 years, but unfortunately I couldn't finish it off. If asked, I can dance. But I kind of diverted away from dancing and got into singing. I sing more now. 😆 
DianaPrince thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WaT0l1sV1lk[/YOUTUBE]

i love this dance❤️

BIackSwan thumbnail
Uuuffaaa so you're a singing dancer!! 

Anyways let's hope these choreographers and celebs delight you at least to an extent with classical dance forms
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
^ you're so sweet. thanks! i hope at least one contestant shows me some damn good classical dance moves. 😆