TOI: Ashka - Big Boss just got money

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
She made headlines with her participation in reality show 'Bigg Boss 6'. Amdavadi girl Aashka Goradia is once again in news because of her completely changed avatar on screen. She surprises her audiences with her glamorous character of Udai Singh's youngest wife Bhatiyani in historical saga 'Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap'. Excerpts from an interview:

Most of your counterparts are selecting glamorous roles, while you have taken up an epic show. Why did you choose?
You have already answered my question — why would I do something that everyone is doing? When everyone is doing the same thing, I would want to do something different. So far, I have done all sorts of shows and characters, it was only an epic show that I didn't do. I wouldn't prefer to do a mythological show because it does not attract me. While in historical shows, we can experiment and add our own touch.

There have been talks about your new look. What do you have to say?
I have tried the nude make-up look. With heavy dresses and jewelry, I didn't see any room for make-up. Nude look is in fashion, but I haven't done it because it is trendy. This role demands power-packed performance and to be in sync with the beautiful queen look. I want my natural beauty to do all the talking.

You are considered as one of the most fashionable actor on TV. How do you manage to stay stylish?
No. I have committed so many mistakes. Lots of designers have committed a mistake on the ramp. I am just an actor. I make sure just to look classy. For me being sexy doesn't mean showing my butt or cleavage. I could go wrong, but I won't look cheap.

You have done loads of negative character on screen so far. Do you love playing them?
Grey characters help me to explore. They bring in a lot of nuances in our performance. In straight and simple characters there isn't much scope to do anything — with so much goodness, the bad doesn't come out easily.

Did participating in reality show Bigg Boss help you in shaping up your career?
Bigg Boss was just another reality show that I participated in. It didn't help me in getting new offers, but surely gave me a lot of money. In terms of popularity, nothing can beat fiction shows. With reality shows, actors only get to connect with the under 30 age group audiences — youths in metros watch non-fiction show — with Bigg Boss I only got an opportunity to connect with them. My popularity grew among the online audiences.

It is heard you are running a business with your boyfriend Rohit Bakshi.
Yes, we are dealing with FMCG business. The way the market is growing it is commendable. Our products would be going across the globe very soon. There were news about me turning a producer, but if I am getting so much money in FMCG then why would I opt for any other business.

Do we get to hear the wedding bells soon?
Rohit and I are enjoying our time. We are best friends. We are there for each other all the time. I am not ready for marriage right now. It will definitely happen, but I don't know when.