Bharat Ka Veer Putra -Maharana Pratap

TOI: Protest against 2 shows -Pratap

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
After Anurag Kashyap's Gulaal, Ashutosh Gowariker's Jodhaa Akbar and Prakash Jha's Aarakshan, tele-serials Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap and Ekta Kapoor's forthcoming Jodha Akbar have attracted the ire of Shree Rajput Karni Sena (SRKS) for not 'displaying Rajputs in an authentic way'. Members of SRKS held a 'protest' against Ekta Kapoor, the producer of Jodha Akbar, on Saturday evening outside the Pink City Press Club, carrying posters and placards with slogans. They even burnt her photos, in what is now a routine spectacle.

Shyam Pratap Rathore, state convenor of SRKS, said, "No book or historical document establishes that Akbar was married to Jodha. We will not allow them to play with the sentiments of the Rajput community. In the show Maharana Pratap, they are showing a Rajput prince dressed in Marathi headgear wearing Afghani pants. Also, the serial's been set in Mewar, where there are no sand dunes, and in some scenes, they show the actor fighting in the backdrop of sand dunes."

Rathore, part of the outfit which stages serial protests against films, thundered that they want Ekta to change the name of the show. "We did not allow Ashutosh Gowarikar's Jodhaa Akbar to be released in Rajasthan. If no action is taken or changes made in the name, we will not let any of Balaji's films release in our state," said the angry 'protestors'.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
That's so sad.

This is 1st negative points towards our show.😭

We can certainly understand that Ekta's Jodha-Akbar will be great disaster for all because it will be big slap on the chick of Indian History.😕😆

If this is true that Jodha was not married to Akbar then why they are making such a nonsense????😡

The film of 2008 was also 1 fiction drama not history.🥱

And the matter towards our show ... yes makers & CV's must understand that there is not any sand-land near Chitorr..🤢

But still they are showing Pratap in land of sands...!!!😲

And also problem with Pratap's costume.😔

They have to change these 2 factors.😳

Edited by MSPE - 10 years ago
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
i just wanna ask one question to thz ppl if jodha was not married to akbar then y the hell we hv jodha mehal in agra fort n fatehpur sikri, archeology dept says that jodha was akbar's wife

btw akbar's wife who was the daughter of raja bharmal of amer was harakha bai, she was lovingly called jodha due to sum reason
thats wat i read

no offence to any1
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
khushi you are right..but problem is that jodha was common name for indian rajput princess that time and man singh's daughter who was married to jahangir was also jodha according to some book and Rajput's claim so they think Jodha is actually Akbar's daughter-in-law..well as i said Jodha as a popular name created confusion

Bai Harkha must have been pronounced as Jodha in some source but in Rajputana belief is a bit different

but the name Jodha as Akbar's wife became more popular after Mughal-E-Azam

and abt Rana Pratap i also found Pratap's dress is similar to Paras Arora as Veer Shivaji's dress..Rajput's used to were Pagdi that too bigger one..

and yes Mewar had no desert ..so these are Rana Pratap's blooper
Annarichard thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
hey m new to this forum nd despite not being an indian/hindu i luv to watch this serial. Im simply in awe of the rajputs nd thier bravery and all the grandeur associated with thier lives :) this show is amazing!
well as per my info ( of wat i have read at various places) is tht harkha bai was a maidservant of raja bharmal and wen akbar asked for his daughters hand he actually named harkha bai as jodha nd got her married to akbar now the question ws tht akbar wudnt have been so dumb to hve never cum across the fact tht she wasnt the real princess! there are a lot of specultaions abot who was actually jodha or even if she existed or not! in the memoirs of jehanghir there ws no mention of her as well nd during the time of akbar there were three main people who recorded every detail of akbars life nd even they didnt mention jodha! Such facts can be misleading as to wat id to b believed nd wat not!
nd even in the history it is mentioned tht rana udai singh lost chittor to akbar but here in the serial they r talkin abt afghan men nd a general shams khan wheras i never found much info abt shams khan on the net anyway... though i maybe wrong abt it as i dnt kno tht much abt rajputs anyhow i simply love watchin the show :)
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
agreed aru but my confusion is when heritage places got thr names
the dept must surely hv done sum reserach thy surely dnt put the name by seeing a movie

if this is thr problem y cant thy file petition to change the name of jodha mahel n this jodha is akbar's wife

n regarding mp m still in confusion
DiamondLife thumbnail
yaar..itni si barikiyaan...kitna khayal rakhenge serial wale..

they r doing fantastic job...
dressing and scenes should be minor..at least they r not changing storyline😕
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
even i was wondering where did the sand dunes come from ..i mean u cannot make up things when it is a historical tale..i hope CV's take care of those minor details in future...

cherryberry293 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: DiamondLife

yaar..itni si barikiyaan...kitna khayal rakhenge serial wale..

they r doing fantastic job...
dressing and scenes should be minor..at least they r not changing storyline😕

I agree wid this opinion... MP is a gr8 show nd director or say PH had done research on Maharana Pratap's history...

Clothing nd all r minor points which cud overlooked.Atleast they r not changing d history or something like that...

Nd if some1 is making show based on our history, pumping huge amt of money... Then yes they will add some fiction in it... For d purpose of entertainment nd to lead illogical TRPs...
DiamondLife thumbnail
its easy to take out fault...from everything..

its really tough to follow in practical..esp in this era when someone is recreating that historical moment. People who r making were not present that time and they r doing fantastic job ...by recreating that magic..
Abhi thoda aj ke daur ka asar hoga hi hoga, esp fashion and dressing to give different touch..abhi jwelllery and costume will not be that authentic and typical