•  
Posted: 10 years ago

Welcome To The Article Archive Section Of Do Dil Ek Jaan Forum

Here You Will Find All Articles Related To The Show

Please Refrain From Posting Any Comments 

Regards,Tanya

I am the 'Jaan' of the sets of Do Dil Ek Jaan

Says newbie Nikita Sharma who is playing the lead Antara in Nautanki Films' upcoming showDo Dil Ek Jaan on Life Ok

How did Do Dil Ek Jaan happen to you?

I hail from Delhi and came to Mumbai 6 months back. I came to Mumbai with a motive and desire to do something big in life. I got a call from BAG and Nautanki Films for doing a show. I gave an audition for the show and on the same day I got a call that I have been finalized and we have to leave for Kashmir in 4 days. It was unbelievable for me and I was wondering if I was dreaming. They called me to sign the contract the next day. I have got a very big break as a new comer as a new lead. It feels great to receive compliments like the show is looking like a movie and everybody has a dream to do a movie. I am blessed that I am doing a movie on TV.

How was the experience while shooting in Kashmir?

We left for Kashmir within 4 days after signing the contract and shot in -6 degree temperature there. Our schedule was very tough and we had to work very hard. I used to wear a suit all the time and shoot for 10 hours. We had to put in a lot of passion to give the best performance for the scenes. When we were shooting it started to snow. So, it was very tough to shoot there.

I have never worn a Punjabi suit (salwar-kameez) in my entire life. I don't have any Punjabi suit with me as I don't like to wear them. I used to wear a dress even in a wedding. I was new to wearing these suits and jewellery. However, these clothes worked as a savior for me while I was shooting in Kashmir which was cold otherwise I would have been fainted if I had to shoot there in short dresses. It's more like a Yash Raj or a Karan Johar kind of a love story. We learnt a lot after giving every scene and tried to improve.

How is it working with Farooq Shaikh?

This is Farooq ji's debut in TV and luckily, I am playing his daughter. It was a lifetime experience while shooting with him. He loves food and coming from Delhi, I love food too. Both of us used to talk a lot about food and about his life. He is like a natural actor when he comes in front of the camera. He is so good and I got to learn a lot of things from him.

How is your equation with everybody on the sets?

My best friend on the sets is Kishori Shahane mam. My co-star Ayaz is the one who keeps playing prank with me on the sets and he likes pulling my leg all the time. I am the 'Jaan' of the sets of Do Dil Ek Jaan.

Did you get nervous while facing the camera for the first time?

No, it has never happened to me. I am pampered a lot on the sets. If somebody sees me sitting quietly then they come to me and question as if everything is ok with me or not.

How supportive was your family in your decision of getting into acting?

No one from my family belongs to this industry. Only I was the one in my family who was deeply interested in doing make-up, fashion and coming on screen. My family supported me a lot and I am very close to my family. I knew no one in Mumbai and I came here on my own and struggled. With God's grace, I got this show in my first audition. While shooting my Mom was there with me in Srinagar as my support.   

How is your bonding with Ayaz?

We met each other for the first time and we became friends. He has worked earlier in this industry and he has knowledge. Ayaz is a very kind and good person. He taught me how to face the camera. He takes care of all the people on the sets just like a family. 

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/15118-i-am-the-jaan-of-the-sets-of-do-dil-ek-jaan.htm

'Do Dil Ek Jaan' explores other side of love

Kamya Punjabi in 'Do Dil Ek Jaan'
If love brings happiness, it also has its shares of problems and new show "Do Dil Ek Jaan" will focus on the trials and tribulations of lovers.

To be aired from Monday on the channel Life OK, "Do Dil Ek Jaan" follows the story of lovers Raghu and Antara, played by Ayaaz Ahmed andNikita Sharma respectively, who are brought together by destiny, but their journey is marred by ordeals.

Produced by Nautanki Films, the cast will have seasoned actor Farooque Sheikh and he will be joined by Resham Tipnis, Kishori Shahane and Kamya Punjabi.

"After the light-hearted romantic series 'Kaisa Yeh Ishq Hain', Life OK now moves a step further to showcase the trials and tribulations of love in 'Do Dil Ek Jaan'," says Ajit Thakur, general manager, Life OK.

"Our shows draw inspiration from real life and have been rewarded with much love from the audience. 'Do Dil Ek Jaan' is our earnest attempt to explore the many facets of love and we are confident of a good response to this show as well," Thakur added.

In "Do Dil Ek Jaan", Raghu and Antara come from conflicting backgrounds, but fall in love at first sight. Antara suffers from a personal loss and finds solace in Raghu, the ideal son to his godmother, Daya Maayi (played by Kamya).

But their love story is jeopardised when Daya Maayi disapproves of their relationship.

Edited by .Tanya. - 10 years ago

Kali Prasad Mukherjee in Do Dil EK Jaan

TV and Bollywood actor Kali Prasad Mukherjee who has proved his versatility in shows like Tere Liye, Pavitra Rishta and films like A Wednesday, Agyaat to name a few will now be seen in Nautanki and Bag Films' Do Dil EK Jaan aired on Life OK.

Sources inform that the actor has been cast to play a pivotal role on the show. His character will have mysterious shades to it. The actor was initially roped in to play Sultan's father in Madhubala-Ek Ishq Ek Junoon however his role was later chopped in Madhubala and he was finalized for the Life OK show. Kali Prasad will be part of the Mumbai star cast.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-05-31/tv/39655116_1_bag-films-pavitra-rishta-nautanki

If love brings happiness, it also has its shares of problems and the new show "Do Dil Ek Jaan" will focus on the trials and tribulations of lovers.

If love brings happiness, it also has its shares of problems and the new show "Do Dil Ek Jaan" will focus on the trials and tribulations of lovers.

To be aired from Monday on the channel Life OK, "Do Dil Ek Jaan" follows the story of lovers Raghu and Antara, played by Ayaaz Ahmed and Nikita Sharmarespectively, who are brought together by destiny, but their journey is marred by ordeals.

Produced by Nautanki Films, the cast will have seasoned actor Farooque Sheikh and he will be joined by Resham Tipnis, Kishori Shahane and Kamya Punjabi.

"After the light-hearted romantic series 'Kaisa Yeh Ishq Hain', Life OK now moves a step further to showcase the trials and tribulations of love in 'Do Dil Ek Jaan'," says Ajit Thakur, general manager, Life OK.

"Our shows draw inspiration from real life and have been rewarded with much love from the audience. 'Do Dil Ek Jaan' is our earnest attempt to explore the many facets of love and we are confident of a good response to this show as well," Thakur added.

In "Do Dil Ek Jaan", Raghu and Antara come from conflicting backgrounds, but fall in love at first sight. Antara suffers from a personal loss and finds solace in Raghu, the ideal son to his godmother, Daya Maayi (played by Kamya).

But their love story is jeopardized when Daya Maayi disapproves of their relationship.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/15130-do-dil-ek-jaan-explores-other-side-of-love.htm

Raghu is a passionate lover but Ayaaz is not so romantic!

Says Ayaaz Ahmad who will be playing the character of Raghu in Nautanki Films' Do Dil Ek Jaan on Life Ok

Tell us something about your character inDo Dil Ek Jaan?

I play Raghu who is a typical Mawali from Mumbai. He is sweet and his character is like Robin Hood. Even if he has fights with people but he always thinks good of them. He loves his Mom very much. When Antara comes in his life, it takes a new turn. I haven't done any romantic shows before. The character is mature and it will be full of romance.

I was told that my character is going to be action oriented. They wanted to portray this character as an action hero. I have practiced martial arts for some time but I never got a chance to show them on-screen. I have never done stunts with harness. I did stunts with a harness for the first time and it's difficult to do stunts with it but I enjoyed it. I have done the stunts without any duplicates. I had to jump from the height of 40 ft. for my entry scene.

How was your experience while doing a stunt for the first time?

When I heard that I have to wear a harness for the shoot, I got unusual heartbeats but I felt it as smooth as butter after performing a perfect stunt. All the stunts and action scenes went well afterwards. I have always wanted to show the art I have learnt to the audience and with this show I have got a chance to show my skills.

What do you like the most about your character?

It's a very different character from what I am in my real life. It's a challenge for me to play this character. It's a fictional character which I am enjoying playing. I am new to play a romantic character as I haven't ever done it before. Sometimes we laugh while doing a romantic scene and the scene becomes like a comedy for us. However, romance connects very well with the audience which is more important.  

How do you bond with your co-star Nikita Sharma?

We have become very good friends. These days sometimes we also go out together for dinner.

With whom do you bond the best on the sets?

I share the best bond on the sets with 'Battery,' played by Latesh Sharma because he is the only one whom I know from day one since coming to Mumbai.

How is your experience while shooting with Farooq Shaikh?

I hang out with him and even go for dinner along with him but I haven't done scenes with him yet. We had a great time while we were shooting in Kashmir.

Any challenges you are going to face while enacting Raghu?

Raghu is a passionate lover but Ayaaz is not so romantic so I have to work on this. 

Anwesha Kamal 

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/15141-raghu-is-a-passionate-lover-but-ayaaz-is-not-so-romantic.htm

Farooque Sheikh treats 'Do Dil...' team with Kashmiri food

Though he is a well-known name in the film industry, veteran actor Farooque Shaikh seems to be very down-to-earth in real life. He treated the entire unit of "Do Dil Ek Jaan" to Kashmiri cuisine on the last day of their shoot

farooque shaikh

Though he is a well-known name in the film industry, veteran actor Farooque Shaikh seems to be very down-to-earth in real life. He treated the entire unit of "Do Dil Ek Jaan" to Kashmiri cuisine on the last day of their shoot in the valley.

Farooque, 65, is seen as Dr. Ashok Kaulon the show. He was also a part of the latest blockbuster "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" where he played the character ofRanbir Kapoor's father.

Ayaz Ahmed, who plays Raghu in the show, said: "Farooqueji is a big foodie and he loves to feed others as well. He took the entire production crew and all the actors out for dinner on our last day in Kashmir."

"Wazwan is a very popular Kashmiri multi-course meal normally broken down into 36 courses. We had the best mini-meal Wazwan, thanks to Farooqueji," said the young actor adding: "It's been a great learning experience working with him".

The show airs Monday to Friday at 9 p.m. on Life OK.

http://www.india-forums.com/bollywood/hot-n-happening/34109-farooque-sheikh-treats-do-dil-team-with-kashmiri-food.htm

I choose Daya Mai over Kashmir: Kamya Punjabi

With only two days left, the countdown begins for Saurabh Tiwari's Do Dil Ek Jaan on Life OK.

This love story of a Kashmiri girl and a boy from Mumbai also put focus on serious issues that Kashmiri Pandit faces in Kashmir. As the lead girl Antara hails from Kashmir, the cast and crew had shot in Kashmir for their initial story.

However, show's one of the unique characters Daya Mai (Kamya Punjabi) missed being in Kashmir as the character is from Mumbai. On being asked whether she missed being in Kashmir, the actress said, "I don't know whether I miss it or no because all these people keep on talking about it but if I would have been in Kashmir than I would have not been Daya Mai. So I choose Daya Mai over Kashmir."

What is something that attracted you towards the show? "It's a very interesting character as you will never know what this character will do. It is very unpredictable. This character can do anything in life, it has various shades,"said Kamya.

"The reason behind taking the show is that I love the creative team, the way they are shooting, the way they are promoting, but I would become selfish and say that one thing that attracted me to do this show is the name 'Daya Mai'. The name itself made me curious to know more about the character and that's the reason why I am here. The first question that popped in my mind is who and what is this Daya Mai," Shares Kamya Punjabi.

Link

(It's a old article from Times of India but thought of posting it anyway since no one has posted it! ) Edited by ..Tamanna - 10 years ago

"Craziest Rumor I've ever heard about myself"-Ayaz Ahmed

TellyBuzz brings to you the rumor column with Ayaz Ahmed.

Rumors in television industry are nothing new to all. In fact, our Telly town celebs have become used to facing rumors now.

This week we got in touch with the most talented Telly-town actor Ayaz Ahmed, who is popularly known as Raghu of Life OKs show Do Dil Ek Jaan'.

Just like other celebrities, Ayaz has also faced some crazy rumors about himself. In conversation with us, he said, "Well not only craziest but the link-up rumors with co-stars are so cliched now that I find it too funny. The most recent rumor I've come across about myself is my linkup with my co-actor Nikita Sharma by a Telly website."

Ayaz also went on to say, "I'm kind of a person, who doesn't take all the crap easily but responds and backfire to it."

So, what will you do to the person who had spread the rumors come in front of you?

"Well, if the person behind spreading the rumor is a guy then it actually depends on the situation. However, if its a girl, then I cant do anything. I would probably tell her Ma'am you've not been nice to me."

When asked Ayaz about any one rumor he wishes to clarify and set the record straight, he says, "I have absolutely no link-ups with anybody in this world right now. Some Telly website misinterpreted my quotes and portrayed an incorrect story that I'm already in a long distance relationship and the link-up rumors are affecting my girlfriend, which is absolutely not true."

Recalling the rumor he says, "The way I deal with such rumors is just enjoy it. Later on I just take it as a joke because it doesn't affect me and my work at all."

Monica Varma

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/creative-cocktail/16444-craziest-rumor-ive-ever-heard-about-myself-ayaz-ahmed.htm