Will the Golden days come back?

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

I dont know how many of you can recall the olden golden days of Indian TV when good old DD churned out some really beautiful shows and so did the other channels who are now all shitting out crap in the name of daily soaps.

The first episode of this show reminded me of that era. Simplistic approach, natural acting, well defined characters and absolutely no OTT drama. Well off course with the changing times more glamour has been added for eg the mother is very well dressed and the HUUGE haveli like house they live in. But then these points can be excused if we can say that the house the Kauls own is an old family mansion passed down through generations. Quite possible. Extended families stayed together forming a large household in olden times and over the time people kept leaving their homeland for various reasons, here it can be anything ranging from seeking a living elsewhere to the terror they want to be rid of. At the end of it the Kauls are left with a large property to live in all by themselves.

Mrs. Kaul is very nicely dressed up but it is to be noted that she has not put on the ridiculous make up, neither the 'ready to go for a weddding reception' outfits which the other saas and bahus seem to be born with. Also it was a relief to see her in a night gown in her home with little makeup which makes for a very believable characterization. My pet peeve with all other shows is how the ladies there go to bed with all elaborate dresses and loud make up on. God alone knows how they can sleep like that.

Farookh Shaikh is the best thing that could happen to this show at this day and age. He brings that element of nostalgia and immediately increases the face value of this show manifolds by his mere presence. Also he acts so real and is generally so adorable in his role as the doting dad and lovable husband. Full marks to the makers of this show for roping him in.

Now coming to the main leads, they are very young and very fresh., which is most welcome. The girl will learn and get better with time but my only gripe with the hero is that I cannot imagine him in the role of a seasoned criminal. He looks too baccha like to fit the bill. Anyone with me on this? However, to give him the benefit of doubt, I have only seen him in Roadies before so I really don't know how good and convincing an actor he is. Time will tell. Till then I wanna enjoy this show which is like a fresh breath of air in an era where TV is infested with scheming MILs and weeping DILs with all make up intact.

Edited by WhiteNights. - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kaveriw2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Lol...well said...

Im totally agree with ur POV of Mr and Mrs kaul...both of then very good and natural acotrs...

I seen mrs kaul in havy jewels...and now she is in totally smiple look...yet beautiful...

And mr kaul...I seen him in so may serials and movies...

My fav song is... Tum ko dekha to ye khayal aaya...

I love this song...Edited by kaveriw2008 - 10 years ago
WhiteNights thumbnail

Originally posted by: kaveriw2008

Lol...well said...

Im totally agree with ur POV of Mr and Mrs kaul...both of then very good and natural acotrs...

I seen mrs kaul in havy jewels...and now she is in totally smiple look...yet beautiful...

And mr kaul...I seen him in so may serials and movies...

My fav song is... Tum ko dekha to ye khayal aaya...

I love this song...

he he thanks for replying. I can see so many views but no one has bothered to reply except you😳

umm are you sure tumko dekha to ye khayal song has Farookh Shaikh? Why do I have a feeling it is Raj Babbar😕 But I could be wrong..yes its a beautiful song. :)
kaveriw2008 thumbnail

Originally posted by: WhiteNights.

</div>

he he thanks for replying. I can see so many views but no one has bothered to reply except you😳
<div>

umm are you sure tumko dekha to ye khayal song has Farookh Shaikh? Why do I have a feeling it is Raj Babbar😕But I could be wrong..yes its a beautiful song. :)

Lol...

The song which u say is...hoton se chu lo tum...

Dear farookh this song...tumko dekha...is my most fav. Song...
MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

very gd post...

bt i guess farookji role is jst a cameo..they shoe dthe house to explode..😭😭

wating for the leads to meet...

Akki_Kundal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nooo , he looks gunda for sure

in i love my india he looked a kid but not here .
see his language and you will get the baccha thing
WhiteNights thumbnail

Originally posted by: nehasarun

very gd post...

bt i guess farookji role is jst a cameo..they shoe dthe house to explode..😭😭

wating for the leads to meet...

Ohh yes why did it never occur to me while making the post?

Are you sure he is gonna die? It will be a shame to have such a seasoned actor do just a cameo.

I hope he survives but then that will also be unrealistic. Blast victims hardly survive😭
WhiteNights thumbnail

Originally posted by: Akshay_Kundal

nooo , he looks gunda for sure

in i love my india he looked a kid but not here .
see his language and you will get the baccha thing

okay if you say so😆 Thanks for replying.
as i said I have never seen him act before so I might be wrong also. My impression of him is from Roadies only where he was just an average contestant. It is very good that he is making progress in his tv career😊
BabyHimavari thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
i didn't saw ayaz before!!but yes he has some little kid like nature which can be seen in his ch!!but true to say i love this kid like nature!!...he is a unique type of cute gunda...😳
kaveriw2008 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ifians

i didn't saw ayaz before!!but yes he has some little kid like nature which can be seen in his ch!!but true to say i love this kid like nature!!...he is a unique type of cute gunda...😳

Lol cute gunda...

Till now...I never seen any gunda such cute as raghu...

But as u know...never judge a book by its cover...

In promos...I seen raghu is possesive for antara...I hope I can see this possesivness entire serial...lol I love to see him like this...

After all he is a gunda...and all gundas like this only...