Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
The 10 Winning Speeches

The speeches were voted on based on,

*Creativity
*Examples from their own real lives
*Knowledge of the topic/title given [depth of understanding]
*Speech that stands out, captures attention

This is a NO COMMENT thread. Please only hit the LIKE button.
All comments will be trashed regardless of what they say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by crazycreative - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CrazyCreatives thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
M i s s  T r o p i c a l  2 0 1 3

Warm. I  am  considerably  warm. I  feel  the  word  comes  from  the  feeling  of  kindness, which  I  feel  I  have  enough. I  am  not  somebody  who  would  be  warm  to  someone,  out  of  the  blue,  just  to  show  how  much  I  care. I'd  rather  be  kind  to  those  , who  actually  make  me  want  to  be  so. Here  I'd  like  to  share  a  very  personal  example. A  very  good  friend  of  mine, lost  her  father  a  year  back. Everyone  had  an  hard  time  consoling  her. A few  told  her  politely  to  stop  crying  over  the  gone,  while  some  told  her  to  forget  everything. All  I  did  was  go  up  to  her, and  give  her  a  hug.They  offered  her  tissues,  while  I  offered  her  a  shoulder. Coming  to  my  personality, I'd  say  I  am  very  charming and  extremely  vivacious , lively. Actually  for  this  point  its  hard  to  come  up  with  a  single  example  so  I'll  rather  give  two  short  ones,  which  will  also  show  my  out  of  the  box  ideologies, uniqueness.  My  economics  project  was  actually  incomplete (One  can't  blame  me, I  had  to  do  four  projects in  one  day), so  unlike  the  rest  who  were  busy  buttering  my  teacher  I  actually  went  and  told  her  I  didn't  get  the  time  to  do  it. Guess  what, she  took  me  to  the  Principal's  room  and  told  her  how  absurd  my  reasoning  was  and  how  she  loved  me  to  death (Which  I  really  do), to  think  of  me  being  so  lazy. The  Principal  turned  towards  me  and  glared  at, which was  unnerving  me. She  questioned  me  what  was  so  important  that  I  didn't  do  my  project  and  I  flashed  a  huge  toothy  smile  and  told  her, it  were  her  projects  which  I  was  doing  the  entire  day  and  then  I  went  on  and  on  about  how  much  I  loved  both  the  subjects  in  question, and  therefore  at  least  I  did  both. They  actually  told  me  that  they  understood  my  problem  and  gave  me  a  holiday. I  was  pretty  lucky,  but  it  was  also  thanks  to  my  personality  that  they  felt  so  inclined  towards  me. More  than  half  of  my  entire  class  would  have  died  if  they  had  been  in  my  shoes  that  day, because  my  Principal  spells  no-nonsense. Another  evening,  I  was  strolling  down  the  road   in  my  balloon-pants  and  a  normal  Tee , near  my  campus , where  some  small  construction  was  about  to  finish. Some  guys, loafers, whistled  and  passed  cheap  glances  at  me. Unlike  movies  I  really  couldn't  really  go  all  wild  on  them.There  were  about  10-12  of  them, I  was  slightly  scared. After  all  I  was  staying  alone  with  my  mother  during  that  time. I  didn't  want  trouble  when  other  family  members  weren't  around.You  want  to  know  what  I  did. Well  here  it  is. I walked  towards  a  few  women  labourers  and  whispered  them  to  help  me  walk  till  my  house  by  encircling  me. They  were  afraid  and  hesitant,  but  I  told  them  to  think  of  all  those  girls  who  didn't  get  any  help, and  had  to  bear  what  they  had  to. I  just  prayed  to  god  and  help  me  out and  finally  it  happened. They  all  didn't  agree, but  just  three   of  them  did,  which  was  actually  helpful  enough.I think  what  makes  me  very  unique  is  the  fact  that,  even  though  I  make  mistakes; have  my  flaws; and  fall  too  often, I  don't  shatter. Instead  I  pick  myself  up  every  single  time,  for  I  know  I  might  have  been  hurt  but  I  haven't  broken. And  that's  why  I  think  am  suitable  for  the  title  of  Miss  Tropical.

-Thank  you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M i s s  C a n o p y  2 0 1 3

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Today we are all here because we want that one knowledgeable and helpful person who fits perfectly into the shoes of Miss Canopy, right?! That one specific person who would be loyal, helpful and wise enough to be the Prime Minister for a day of the Crazy Creatives team is yet to be found. Now without further discussions...read on to see if you found that person or not.

I consider myself worthy of the title Miss Canopy because I believe I am a person who would help anyone if given the chance and I am very wise and mature too. I value education no matter what the topic is or how difficult it is! Education for me is priceless and very important in life. You know only few lucky people get education and some take it for granted and some take it as a key to success. I use my education as a key to success as I believe that if a person gets a chance to learn so much in life and explore as much as possible then they actually live a life and not live something which they were never made for. If life has given you the chance to be educated and learn then live it to the fullest and consider yourself special and very fortunate that you are not one of those people who never get education due to poverty or other reasons. This is my belief for education and it's not only a belief but a need which always benefits me in ups and downs of life. For instance, when I ignored my exams at one point or didn't bother about my results and then got bad results due to taking it for granted and not being mature enough at that point. I regretted it, I really did! I got taunts and insults thrown at me from everyone that 'oh you are a failure and failed' etc. However, I thought to myself that why not learn a lesson from this?! I told myself that if I had revised and not took education for granted and valued it then would this really happen?! NO was the answer so then I made the fact that I should value education because it can cause my future to sink and even get thrown taunts and insults at me which is very painful to hear my belief. I mean a very strong belief, strong as metal! So this was my example and my story of why I value education so much and why I believe myself to be wise and mature enough because trust me this belief of mine always comforts me when I don't achieve my targets in school or don't achieve my goals straight away. For me effort + hardwork + belief in yourself help's you succeed the fastest so never give up and value education to the core. As a result, I actually got fabulous grades and made myself proud when I achieved my goals with my effort and belief in the end. I ignored those taunts and insults and moved on and proved myself!

Furthermore, I consider myself a helpful person and someone who would help others if given the chance because I believe in helping people and making a difference. For example, that one time when I helped an old woman to carry her heavy shopping bags which she was struggling to walk with. I helped her carry those bags up to her house and made a difference by making sure she didn't have to struggle at that point in her old age. I showed respect and a helpful role model to others because I represented that by helping people you will gain more love and also give love which would make the community we live in that is full of hatred in some parts a much more caring and loving place. Helping other people is helping yourself because when you need help they will help you making relationships and humanity more valuable. Help others and gain love not hatred by being selfish and mean as that only leads to a more corrupt world plus more issues in life.

Now what do you think about me and my beliefs?! Do you consider me as the right Miss Canopy or not?! Moreover, I really hope that all of you learnt something from this speech of mine and my beliefs become your beliefs so our community can become more affectionate to be in. I am done with my speech ladies and gentlemen'..you decide the rest. Just remember my words''..believe in yourselves and value education;Help others and gain love not hatred. I am done with my speech! I hope you liked it and thank you so much for reading! πŸ˜ƒ

Regards,

PP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M i s s  T h u n d e r s t o r m  2 0 1 3

Bijli giraane main hoon aayi, ho bijli giraane main hoon aayi. Hello lovies. So I am suppose to write this to speak about why I think I am worthy of this title. Honestly speaking I don't think I am worthy of it. I mean their are probably people who are way better than me in their speech.I participated because it was something new for me and I love trying new things. But now you will ask why did I choose the thunderstorm category when I participated in this game just for fun. I know I could have chosen any category, but this category is thrilling arrey not Michael Jackson type thrill, but my type of thrill. I am basically a psycho, and when one thinks of the word psycho, thunderstorm comes into mind well in my mind at least. I am loud, crazy, and talkative. Thunderstorms are loud, scary and annoying. So we have that similarity, I bet the day god was creating me, their was a huge thunderstorm. I wonder at times why I wasn't named bijli since the day I was born their was a huge thunderstorm. But apne apne funde hain, my parents thought Ariana was better. Ariana? Arrey me, thats my name. Ariana, aka Bijli. Once I was rewarded for being quiet in class, I got a certificate. Yes I know it sounds crazy, but I talk a lot, and that too very loudly, so that day when my teacher didnt hear my loud voice, was the day of peace in her life. Now I don't know what I just wrote, you'll probably be thinking this girl is a crazy pyscho, or was she drunk when she wrote this. Well I don't know. You see when I'm under pressure, I don't care about anything and just do what I am suppose to do even if the result is bad or good. Similarly a thunderstorm just comes and goes not caring about the results whether good or bad. Now it is for you to decide whether or not I deserve to win in this category. I hope I didn't bore you with my rant, but you know you loved it. I see that smile on your face while you are reading this. It's their, I know it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M i s s  E v e r g r e e n  2 0 1 3

Why I think I am worthy for the title

Miss Evergreen?
Well, not a tough question!

Long before getting the details, when I was scanning thorugh the list of titles, wondering which to choose[πŸ˜•], something caught my eyes!Well none other than the title Evergreen! Well call it my ability to make right choices or just my luck, It was when I receieved the details I got to know that I am very much similar to what being "evergreen" is!Being always up and about, I am full of Energy everytime,so much that everyone asks "Do you ever rest?".Speaking of this I remember one incident when I went to trekking with my family.Soon, everone was tired, but I was adamant that we should see the waterfall above, After a lot of persuading when everyone refused I set off on my own and soon, there was the most beautiful sight before me, the W-A-T-E-R-F-A-L-L. Being optimist is 100% true about me.Any calamity comes, be it a BIG test or something quite un-possible, I am the one who always pray for the best.One incident which I remember is when we were travelling to Nanital, but the train got delayed 3 hours,6hours then 10 hours,everyone was fed up and the decision was made that we all should go back, but I requested them a lot, fought the decision saying wait a little more I am sure the train will come, And after total 11 hours the train arrived. We had a memorable experiance at Nanital and now nobody forgets to thank me for that, Even the other passangers didn't went home, seeing me persuading my family members and eventually they, agreeing and the result made everyone smile and praise me.Summer and Spring, seasons which I love!Thinking of Summer, makes me remember delicious Ice-Creams, those Yummy chocolate cornettos*slurp*makes me go GA-GA for the Summers, and what more I love about this season is, The freedom of dressing up, be it shorts, skirts,tees or frocks I absolutely LOVE them. And then comes Spring, the season of flowers,being a nature lover, I love the Sring Blossoms that's why Spring season take place in my Favourites! That's all is what makes me think I am worthy to be called Miss Evergreen, do you know It is my nickname my distant cousin gave seeing these qualities?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
END OF SPEECH
[All of the thinkgs mentioned are TRUE, and the nickname too, so don't think I am bragging I am like Evergreen!]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M i s s  S i l e n t V a l l e y  2 0 1 3

*Walks in on the stage*

-Silence-

And that's why I should be chosen as Miss Silent Valley! ;D

Thank You!

JK! Here goes my speech'

Okay' well I should be given the "Miss silent Valley" title because I'm a Silent Princess, and I have all the qualities naturally that a Miss Silent Valley title bearer should have. I'm silent, well mannered,  quiet, calm, tamed and of course want peace in the world. I feel I should be given this title because when we talk about world peace, it's not an easy talk. It's done through various discussions and agreements. And when a discussion takes place among many people, there are many voices and when everyone's speaks at the same time.. it just leads to confusion and no one gets hear. Along with the discussion heating up, and there is chance of that people start using violence. But if certain people stay silent, and let others speak then they will be heard along with giving an example of peace. That everyone should be heard, and everything will be done in a nonviolent way. I feel I'm apt for this title, because I am like that. I am one such person that when an argument takes place, I prefer being silent so that the argument doesn't heat up, and things can be resolved in a more peaceful matter. And on top of that I'm a Princess.. another reason as to why I should get this.

That's it for me. I'm off to make the world a peaceful place by staying Quiet, Calm & Tame. 😎

Thank You!   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M i s s  W o r l d P e a c e 2 0 1 3
Hmm so it was just another day and I was logging into IF and I saw this post made by Khushi regarding making someone Prime Minister of the day and I was like Okay wow,this is something exciting,let me take part in it ! And I entered my name and after seeing what slots were free,I gave my name and then I came to know we have to make a speech on it ..And then I finally took a good look at my topic ,WORLD PEACE.
Wow,I thought,so we talk so much about serials,and what happened to Rishbala romance and OMG IPK is no more or oh no are SaMud going to get married and what not (well I wont say they are bad to discuss thoughπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†) but then okay they are all "reel" stuff then and they are not "real"ity ! And okay so this something real right,our world is something which is so big,it has so many different continents,different countries,different people,cast creed,race,colour,religion but yes,there is something we all have in common and that is this very earth we are living in,this is something we share and this is a Treasure,to be safeguarded and this can be done only by achieving Peace,yes the White Flag must be flying ,figuratively of course. 
Okay so I have said World peace,white flag,so this may seem like getting an A grade in a paper,but well,it is not that difficult ! Compassion is one step to world peace,the feeling of love for all human beings,all living things,alike regardless of what colour,what religion they may be,that would be the first step,love need not be the Ishq Wala Love which is well for "Woh" alone πŸ˜‰ but this is Universal love for everyone,love that would bring everyone closer,towards a common goal and yes,you got it,that would be the steeping stone to achieving World peace.
Have you heard of something called the Secret ? Yes,so this is a book written by Rhonda Bhyne and I swear by it.It basically says that what we think,would reflect in whatever happens around you! Bizarre huh ? Well,it is true actually,I have tried it ! For example,let us take a class full of students,wanting a particular class to be cancelled,and then each of them think "God,Please let Mam be absent and please please let class get cancelled" And voila,the substitute teacher comes and announces "Class,please just give your attendance ,your mam is not well,there is no class today" Okay so what just happened now ?😲 Yes,this is something called "Power of Collective thinking" If a lot of people imagine an outcome,be it negative or positive the Universe would listen to you and it would act accordingly! "OMG,What If it rains today,I havent even taken an umbrella" and the Universe will focus on "It rains"part which you constantly dwell on and Voila,it would rain,no I am not kidding ! πŸ€“ 
So Now this would be an effective Instrument,when used well,think positively,positive things would happen ,think negatively and then you would remember the phrase "May day isn't going well today,seems like I got up on the wrong side of the bed" Ring a bell ? So my point here is basically to think Peace,Love,Compassion and you can see the world around you chande,wfilled with Positivity,Happiness and Love which will all lead to yes,World Peace again.
Let me finish by coining a quote said by the Famous Dalai Lama-

"Whenever I meet even a 'foreigner',
I have always the same feeling:
'I am meeting another member of the human family.,
This attitude has deepened
My affection and respect for all beings.
May this natural wish be
My small contribution to world peace.
I pray for a more friendly,
More caring, and more understanding
Human family on this planet.
To all who dislike suffering,
Who cherish lasting happiness -
This is my heartfelt appeal. "

Thank You.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M i s s  E n v i r o n m e n t 2 0 1 3

Regardless of nationalities, gender and age, there is a growing number of people with concerns about the water we drink, the air we breathe, the soil we plant food on, climate change, energy, biodiversity, forest , ecosystem and so on which ultimately comprises the environment in which we live. Moreover the commitment level towards changing the existing drawbacks on environment positively promises a more sustainable world. Environmental issues like climate change, loss of biodiversity, sea level rise, population growth and its consequences etc. are being experienced profoundly by the present world. The solution to these environmental problems can be flexibly developed by the collaborative performance and the multidisciplinary research from everyone involved. As a child I have always been fascinated about the numerous services we get from the environment. Nevertheless, the direct and indirect anthropogenic issues being one of the prominent influences of environmental degradation has always left me to wonder on those sides. Hence, my curiosity and passion to promote environmental sustainability has landed me to pursue a degree on Environmental Sciences (Sustainable Management Development). I have recently finished my academia on it which primarily I believe can be a valuable asset for the title Miss Environment. Additionally, I am an existing member of Environmental bodies like Institute of Environmental Sciences (IES) and Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA). Furthermore throughout my degree programme I have joined in forestry conservation which has provided me with an opportunity on learning field work skills and enhanced my team work ability which will certainly be needed in handling the title. Likewise my three years consecutive participation on university waste audit programme has made me familiar to safe waste management practice. Similarly my voluntary contribution on a recycling project to raise fund for British Heart Foundation (BHF) gave me a stand to promote sustainability to local residents. This programme was proved to be successful on delivering environmental education via charity. Environmental not only integrate with the above mentioned factors but is also interconnected to business. Businesses and organisations, to a certain extent, control the flow of money hence they also have some control over the management of the environment. This extends towards individuals, especially consumers, who play crucial roles in terms of their demand and consumption patterns such as energy in terms of heating, lighting and cooling effect. My involvement in the retailer sustainability review in West Quay shopping centre, Southampton, has provided me with a wider picture of how different people's attitudes can be in terms of energy consumption patterns. The responsibility government bodies as well as private organisations have to bear when implementing and enforcing effective laws in order to protect the environment is always remarkable. With my academic background which is closely related to the title of Miss Environment and useful transferable skills, I would be one of the eligible and responsible candidates for the title who is determined to make a difference by being an integral part in protecting the environment form the platform I am provided.

Many Thanks

Simmy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M i s s  E c o s y s t e m 2 0 1 3

I say it, as it is..

Hey,
I'm Stephanie Perera from Sri Lanka. I believe that I'm a worthy candidate for the title of Miss.Ecosystem. I'm a very friendly and outgoing person, and at the same time I don't think twice to say what I feel and stand up for what I believe in. As a young UN volunteer here in Sri Lanka, I have done many 'Go Green' projects, and I'm currently helping out to preserve the beach once a month. People can yap about 'Going Green' and and making the world a greener place, by hiding behind their laptops and PCs! But I thoroughly believe that actions speak louder than words! We Humans are the only creatures in this planet who cuts down trees, make paper with it, and write 'Save Trees' on the paper. This is the view point I want to change in people. Through simple research, I have learned what is in store for our environment and our environments future. It only takes small and simple changes in our day to day lives to make the change that we seek. It's a simple theory actually! Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. If one lives by these 3 simple rules, one can make a huge impact on his/her own life and the lives of others. As my mentor Sir. Mahatma Gandhi once said, "Be the change you want to see in the world..!" I live by these words. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M i s s  T e m p e r a t e  2 0 1 3

A warm greetings to jury and my friends.I have been opportune by the esteem members of this forums to candidate for this very dignified title of Miss temperate.

I would like to thank all of you for considering me and I will give my best to be the person whom this team is looking for.

Through this draft I will illustrate why I am capacious for this post.the title provided me,to describe is "A very cold, cool person who doesn't like to be out there and prefers to lay low. Hates being center of attention and values consistency very much. Considers themselves to be very organized."

I would like to elaborate some of my opinions on the above said topic. It will be the medium for me to portray myself in front of everyone, depicting my thinking and directions on some sensitive approaches of life.

Since now-a-days with new study of different sciences are evolving. Study of behavior has also emerged as a strong subject. it relates to the detailed analysis of different natures of peoples out their all over world, and on those pretext some of the thesis have been formed. One of those conclusions points that some people likes to be in their own parameters, they don't want any kind of highlights, or any social mingling.
They are away from being the pivot of any gathering and regards high to their own sets of disciplines. This is just not that their ego is larger. It could be the resultant of their past life or as one say nurturing, the environment they have been in brought up, the morals of the community they belong and ethos which are imbibed in them through their parents.

But this sometimes creates a line of rigidity in between this dynamic world.As one needs to be flexible with the new changes discovering around them, otherwise it will become obsolete and will be of no help neither to the person in particular nor to the society as whole.

All in all I want to say is that being away from the limelight is what I prefer rather than being the flower that has the best pollens.

Thanking each and everyone of you for your patience, kindness and understanding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~