Happy & sad about the show

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
I am so happy that the show is back and to see all of the favorite characters, but I am disappointed with some changes:

1. Mukundilal's children: They used to be so cute and sensible, but so far the older (and not wiser) children seem to have become cartoons. They kept the same actor for Mama's son, even though six years have passed, but they completely ruined Mukundi and Indumati's children. Chukundi used to be smart (didn't he win awards before?) and generally showed common sense (and the boy who played that role was cute, too). Now, six years later, he is shown to be lazy, failing in high school, and just repeating the same line all of the time ("Mujhko sharam aati hai"). I wouldn't mind the line so much because it's funny, but I don't like the way they destroyed the son's character. It's hard to believe that Mukundi & Indumati's children would turn out like this, and especially such a drastic change in six years. I don't really remember what the daughter Bhagyalakshmi says, but they have given her some silly line to repeat, but I haven't gotten much of a sense of her character yet.

2. I really loved Chameli's character, so it's sad that she's not a part of the show. If they replaced Surili, why couldn't they just replace Chameli too without creating this situation of her having run away? It's disappointing and hard to believe that her character would do something like that after all that was shown leading up to their marriage. I hope something changes, and she comes back.

3. Sad that "Hum Aap ke Hain In-Laws" had to go rather than some other sub-par show. But that's a whole other discussion! :-P

Otherwise, I am so, so happy to have this show back. I'm looking forward to more fun (with meaningful messages) with the old characters and the show. ðŸ˜ƒ
Edited by gckasturi - 10 years ago