Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VidesiLaila thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I just started watching the show on 7th august so can anyone please give a quick summary about what happened before this ? so i can understand what is going on ๐Ÿ˜ณ Edited by .Lovegood. - 10 years ago
-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Does anyone know the name of the actress who plays Bakshi Bano? Can't find it anywhere. She looks familiar to me but I can't think what show she was on before...

Originally posted by: .Lovegood.

I just started watching the show on 7th august so can anyone please give a quick summary about what happened before this ? so i can understand what is going on ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

How much do you want to know ๐Ÿ˜†? Basic story is, Jalal is Mughal emperor of much of India; Jodha is a princess of the Rajputs, who are still independent of Jalal's empire. Jodha is the daughter of Raja Bharmal of Amer. At the beginning of the series, Jodha goes to a temple with her ladies - but some Mughal raiders come and steal the golden ornaments and disrespect the holy place. Some also try to run away with and dishonour her favourite maid/lady-in-waiting, Moti. Jodha rescues Moti, and from then on she has a hatred of the Mughals. She believes that the raiders were acting on the instructions of Jalal, and she considers him to be heartless and cruel. She wants revenge on him and she swears to the goddess that she will cut off his head and bring it to that temple. A priestess makes a prediction to Jodha's mother that Jodha will marry into the Mughals. Jodha's mother Rani Menawati is horrified and tries to avert this by fast-tracking an engagement with a Rajput prince, Raja Suryabhan - who promises Jodha that he will cut off Jalal's head and bring it to Jodha's feet.

Meanwhile, Jalal has been raised without his parents. His regent and foster father Bairam Khan has taught him to be very focussed on military matters, to devalue emotion, and to not let considerations of the heart get in the way of being a proper leader. Thus Jalal considers himself to not have a heart, and is proud of it. Jalal wants to gain Amer and the rest of the Rajputana for his empire. One day he sneaks away from his people and pretends to be a humble Rajput solider/guard so he can get intelligence on how things are run in Amer. Also he has to save one of his men who got caught up there. This is when he sees Jodha and becomes captivated by her. Jodha does not know who he is, but they have an encounter which shows Jalal the fierceness of her personality. From then on Jalal keeps thinking about her personality and her beauty.

A lot of other things happen, like Jodha's cousin-brother Sujamal becomes a traitor and allies with the Mughals because he feels his inheritance (the throne of Amer) is being cheated from him - but later he regrets it, and he still has strong cherishing/protective feelings to Jodha even though she now wants nothing to do with him. Jalal's foster father Bairam Khan gets into conflict with him by not giving him enough independence; eventually they reconcile their differences, but Bairam Khan goes on a sort of self-exile to Hajj, and is killed along the way (Jalal marries his widow and adopts his young son for political protection - a marriage in name only). Jalal's daima/nanny, Maham Anga, and her son, Adham Khan are introduced. Jalal respects but does not love or value his own mother, Hamida Begum, but he gives Maham Anga maximum importance in his life. Maham Anga pretends to act on his benefit and claims to care for him a lot, but behind the scenes she's trying to manipulate things to advance her cruel, power-hungry son Adham Khan and to keep her control over Jalal from all angles. Also Jalal's harem is introduced. His first and favourite wife is Ruqaiya, his cousin whom he has been married to since they were 9. Ruqaiya is one of his chief counsellors. They share an intellectual bond and Ruqaiya claims not to be disturbed that Jalal also turns to other women. She doesn't believe in romantic love, and she thinks Jalal won't ever believe in love either. The harem lives in Agra while Jalal travels for battles and politics.

The plot starts to speed up when Jodha's fiance Suryabhan is killed in a battle with her cousin Sujamal and the Mughals led by Jalal's deputy Sharifuddin. Sharifuddin takes the Rajput army, including Jodha's other brothers, hostage. He makes extortionate demands of Raja Bharmal. Also he secretly has his eye on Jodha. In desperation, Raja Bharmal meets with Jalal himself. Jalal agrees to return the hostages and to let Bharmal keep control of Amer - on the condition that Bharmal gives Jodha to him in marriage. As a father Bharmal is reluctant to do so, but as a king he realizes he must. The marriage is arranged without Jodha's consent. When he goes home, Bharmal tries to tell Jodha that she will be marrying Jalal, but she stops him before he can tell the name, saying she is ready to marry anyone in order to save Amer. The rest of the wedding preparations go on without Jodha finding out the name of her groom, though all the other Rajputs know and are devastated. Jodha assumes she is marrying some Rajput warrior who will stand up to Jalal and share her hate for the Mughals. On the Mughal side, no one knows why Jalal wants Jodha or agrees with the marriage. He gives some political reasons but no one knows he has been fascinated with her. Ruqaiya and his mother don't know about it, as the only ones on the road with him are Maham Anga, Sharifuddin, and Adham Khan. Jodha does not find out she's marrying Jalal until the first ritual. She is shocked and runs away without completing the ritual. She is angry with her family, but eventually they convince her to go through with the marriage for the sake of Amer. Thus Jodha enters marriage with a man she hates and doesn't know very well, while Jalal has made a political triumph and gained a bride that he has a lot of personal interest in.

How's that? I tried to condense/omit some subplots that look completed/unimportant for now. Maybe not everyone would agree with my summary, but that's all the stuff I think is important to know if you just started watching this week! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by dekhiki - 10 years ago
VidesiLaila thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: dekhiki

How much do you want to know ๐Ÿ˜†? Basic story is, Jalal is Mughal emperor of much of India; Jodha is a princess of the Rajputs, who are still independent of Jalal's empire. Jodha is the daughter of Raja Bharmal of Amer. At the beginning of the series, Jodha goes to a temple with her ladies - but some Mughal raiders come and steal the golden ornaments and disrespect the holy place. Some also try to run away with and dishonour her favourite maid/lady-in-waiting, Moti. Jodha rescues Moti, and from then on she has a hatred of the Mughals. She believes that the raiders were acting on the instructions of Jalal, and she considers him to be heartless and cruel. She wants revenge on him and she swears to the goddess that she will cut off his head and bring it to that temple. A priestess makes a prediction to Jodha's mother that Jodha will marry into the Mughals. Jodha's mother Rani Menawati is horrified and tries to avert this by fast-tracking an engagement with a Rajput prince, Raja Suryabhan - who promises Jodha that he will cut off Jalal's head and bring it to Jodha's feet.

Meanwhile, Jalal has been raised without his parents. His regent and foster father Bairam Khan has taught him to be very focussed on military matters, to devalue emotion, and to not let considerations of the heart get in the way of being a proper leader. Thus Jalal considers himself to not have a heart, and is proud of it. Jalal wants to gain Amer and the rest of the Rajputana for his empire. One day he sneaks away from his people and pretends to be a humble Rajput solider/guard so he can get intelligence on how things are run in Amer. Also he has to save one of his men who got caught up there. This is when he sees Jodha and becomes captivated by her. Jodha does not know who he is, but they have an encounter which shows Jalal the fierceness of her personality. From then on Jalal keeps thinking about her personality and her beauty.

A lot of other things happen, like Jodha's cousin-brother Sujamal becomes a traitor and allies with the Mughals because he feels his inheritance (the throne of Amer) is being cheated from him - but later he regrets it, and he still has strong cherishing/protective feelings to Jodha even though she now wants nothing to do with him. Jalal's foster father Bairam Khan gets into conflict with him by not giving him enough independence; eventually they reconcile their differences, but Bairam Khan goes on a sort of self-exile to Hajj, and is killed along the way (Jalal marries his widow and adopts his young son for political protection - a marriage in name only). Jalal's daima/nanny, Maham Anga, and her son, Adham Khan are introduced. Jalal respects but does not love or value his own mother, Hamida Begum, but he gives Maham Anga maximum importance in his life. Maham Anga pretends to act on his benefit and claims to care for him a lot, but behind the scenes she's trying to manipulate things to advance her cruel, power-hungry son Adham Khan and to keep her control over Jalal from all angles. Also Jalal's harem is introduced. His first and favourite wife is Ruqaiya, his cousin whom he has been married to since they were 9. Ruqaiya is one of his chief counsellors. They share an intellectual bond and Ruqaiya claims not to be disturbed that Jalal also turns to other women. She doesn't believe in romantic love, and she thinks Jalal won't ever believe in love either. The harem lives in Agra while Jalal travels for battles and politics.

The plot starts to speed up when Jodha's fiance Suryabhan is killed in a battle with her cousin Sujamal and the Mughals led by Jalal's deputy Sharifuddin. Sharifuddin takes the Rajput army, including Jodha's other brothers, hostage. He makes extortionate demands of Raja Bharmal. Also he secretly has his eye on Jodha. In desperation, Raja Bharmal meets with Jalal himself. Jalal agrees to return the hostages and to let Bharmal keep control of Amer - on the condition that Bharmal gives Jodha to him in marriage. As a father Bharmal is reluctant to do so, but as a king he realizes he must. The marriage is arranged without Jodha's consent. When he goes home, Bharmal tries to tell Jodha that she will be marrying Jalal, but she stops him before he can tell the name, saying she is ready to marry anyone in order to save Amer. The rest of the wedding preparations go on without Jodha finding out the name of her groom, though all the other Rajputs know and are devastated. Jodha assumes she is marrying some Rajput warrior who will stand up to Jalal and share her hate for the Mughals. On the Mughal side, no one knows why Jalal wants Jodha or agrees with the marriage. He gives some political reasons but no one knows he has been fascinated with her. Ruqaiya and his mother don't know about it, as the only ones on the road with him are Maham Anga, Sharifuddin, and Adham Khan. Jodha does not find out she's marrying Jalal until the first ritual. She is shocked and runs away without completing the ritual. She is angry with her family, but eventually they convince her to go through with the marriage for the sake of Amer. Thus Jodha enters marriage with a man she hates and doesn't know very well, while Jalal has made a political triumph and gained a bride that he has a lot of personal interest in.

How's that? I tried to condense/omit some subplots that look completed/unimportant for now. Maybe not everyone would agree with my summary, but that's all the stuff I think is important to know if you just started watching this week! ๐Ÿ˜Š

omg thank you so much ๐Ÿ˜ƒ . i'm really glad you helped me with this๐Ÿ˜ณ
snehachinivar thumbnail
Superb u have a very good writting skill.plz keep it up.good luck๐Ÿ˜Š

charlyh thumbnail

Can the time be extended on this series, or adverts be cut 

asena thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi im a silent lurker of the forum and i hope someone could answer my question
Actually due to Ramadhan i missed the entire month's episode but i watched them all last week (skipping the boring parts)
So my question is while watching the episodes i saw a precap(or was it a coming up?) with a scene where Akbar is walking in jungle and Jodha hides behind a tree
I dont remember watching the scene as i may have missed it so could someone point out this episode for me please. i tried looking for it but i cant seem to find it again๐Ÿ˜ญ
riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: asena

Hi im a silent lurker of the forum and i hope someone could answer my question

Actually due to Ramadhan i missed the entire month's episode but i watched them all last week (skipping the boring parts)
So my question is while watching the episodes i saw a precap(or was it a coming up?) with a scene where Akbar is walking in jungle and Jodha hides behind a tree
I dont remember watching the scene as i may have missed it so could someone point out this episode for me please. i tried looking for it but i cant seem to find it again๐Ÿ˜ญ

the scene is from 17th Julai 2013 Episode. Hope it helps ๐Ÿ˜ณ
asena thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: riyya6

the scene is from 17th Julai 2013 Episode. Hope it helps ๐Ÿ˜ณ

yayyy finally someone replied thank you very much dearie๐Ÿค— ill watch it tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Peacefulmind thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
is adham khan will be pushed from terrrace and killed by akbar... for what reason if so
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
still time for it...i think adham kills one of his trusted ministers so jalal orders his execution

Murder of Ataga Khan and its aftermath[edit source | editbeta]

Adham Khan's Tomb, which also houses the tomb of his mother,Maham Anga, Mehrauli, Delhi.
Akbar orders punishment of Adham Khan, by throwing him twice, down the terrace. Akbarnama

In November, 1561 Akbar's favourite general Ataga Khan, was appointed wakil (the prime minister), replacing Munim Khan. His appointment displeased Maham Anga.

On May 16, 1562, Adham Khan accompanied by a few ruffians burst in upon him as he sat in the hall of audience and murdered him. Adham Khan then rushed to the inner apartment where he was caught by Akbar, just roused from sleep by tumult. Akbar replied to the Adham Khan's explanation to palliate his crime by striking him down with a heavy blow of his fist. Adham was thrown down twice from the ramparts of the Agra Fort which was 40 ft (12 m) high from ground level by the royal order and put to death. Akbar himself broke this news to Maham Anga, who made a simple but dignified reply that he did well. This sudden demise of Adham Khan, made his mother mentally depressed and after forty days she also died.[3][4]

After his death his body was sent with respect to Delhi. Akbar built the mausoleum of Adham Khan inMehrauli, where both Adham Khan and his foster mother Maham Anga were buried.[5] This mausoleum, popularly known as Bhul-bhulaiyan, due to a labyrinthine maze inside, and stands on the ramparts of the Lal Kot, located at the north of the Qutub Minar.

Edited by JanhaviSRK - 10 years ago