Jodha Akbar

TOI article

.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
TIMES OF INDIA...
Rajat Tokas struck gold with his portrayal of young Prithviraj in the epic saga Prithviraj Chauhan.
And soon the actor went on to become a household name but post Prithviraj, he was hardly seen on the small screen, except on Ekta Kapoor's Tere Liye. However, the young lad who is now all set to return to TV with Zee TV's historical saga Jodha Akbar , says that he prefers doing historical characters ashe loves playing a man and he doesn't want to be an onlooker in a daily soap.
"It's not about coming back to historical shows or I am in love with historical characters but yes it's true that I like these characters as I love playing a man. I did Tere Liye where I played a grey character which was very different from Prithviraj and Dharam Veer . Ekta experimented with me but then I wanted to do something more powerful and I am happy that Jodha Akbar was offered to me. I don't think I will get to play such a powerful character in a daily soap. I am not saying that daily soaps are boring but it is something I don't like. Historical shows are very different from dailysoaps and I can say that as I have done three historical shows. In daily soaps you arejust an observer or onlooker. You don't haveanything to do in a daily soap and yet you are the main lead of the show."
Rajat adds, "I don't understand the logic behind the saas-bahu sagas on small screen. Hence, I prefer strong roles that I have played earlier and I would continue to do them in future too. When Producers, directors and the casting team selects certain actor to play a character in their show they are very much sure about what they want. So I think the makers of the showhave found Akbar in me and that is why I amplaying the role of Akbar. I am extremely happy to be back after two and a half year with such a big offer."
The actor is very excited with his comeback show and considers this as one of the important opportunity of his life, "I have been given the opportunity of playing Akbar and I consider it as very important for me. As far as playing the Akbar on-screen is concerned, I think it's very important to understand Akbar's outlook towards life. This character has earlier been played by Prithviraj Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan in films and now it will be played by me a 22-year old boy. I think the combination of fame, success and madness is a deadly for a 22-year old Akbar and that is something that you will get to see on screen," concludes Rajat. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for sharing ðŸ˜Š
Tanvi.narula thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2