HINDUSTAN TIMES article

Posted: 10 years ago
HINDUSTAN TIMES...

After doing shows like Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan, Dharam Veer and Tere Liye, actor Rajat Tokas will be seen playing the role of emperor Akbar in an upcoming TV show, Jodha Akbar.

The actor, who returns to TV after almost two-and-a-half years, is thrilled to play the role of an emperor. 

He says, "The portrayal of Akbar here will be different from the others seen on celluloid in the past. The Akbar I'm playing is about 21-22 years old, has immense power, success and the ability to get what he wants. I am trying to live this character as much as possible."

Post Tere Liye, Rajat tried his luck in films, but they didn't work out. In fact, that period was a tough one for the actor. "I got depressed as I was sitting at home with no work. My mom is very close to me and seeing her worried got me even more depressed," says Rajat, who utilised that time to complete his studies. The actor adds that he didn't have a support system then as he doesn't have friends.

"I am a loner and I don't have friends. I've never had any since childhood," says Rajat, adding, "I don't know how to make friends. I am not the sort of person who will walk up to anyone to seek friendship." In fact, the actor says that he is not very friendly with his co-stars of the new show as well. "When I'm playing this role, I am in the character and not myself. I have been given this responsibility by Ekta Kapoor and the channel, so I can't let them down. If I lose my focus even for a minute, I might lose out on any opportunity that comes my way," says Rajat.
He has become very serious...I pray that his hard 😊work goes off well...thanks for sharing πŸ˜Š
well we respect how u are rajat and love u very much as our akbar but it would be nice to see offscreen bonding with co stars
He has always maintained cordial relationship with all co stars :)

Its just that he is careful when it comes to frnz.N moreova,with hectic schedules like his,one cant really find time to be wid frnz na? :) He hardly gets to time to spend with hiS family.

Its always been the case with him,even during PRC,forget bout day offs,he used to get only 3 hours of sleep.

He is the same wid evry1 :) his work is his first priority

Thanks for posting the article Disha .
Tfs. Honestly speaking, I get dprssd nwadays hearing of his depressions.
Bhagwan kare koi chamatkar ho jaye aur ye ladka apni dprsn se bahar aa jaye. I just can't c him like this any more. I want my fun loving Rajat back. N I hope his interactions with his co-stars improve for a healthy n productive offscreen environment.
Originally posted by Bamonforever

Tfs. Honestly speaking, I get dprssd nwadays hearing of his depressions.
Bhagwan kare koi chamatkar ho jaye aur ye ladka apni dprsn se bahar aa jaye. I just can't c him like this any more. I want my fun loving Rajat back. N I hope his interactions with his co-stars improve for a healthy n productive offscreen environment.

He even talks so quitely in all his interviews , half the time I can't hear a single word . πŸ˜­
Edited by LuvMishalRaheja - 10 years ago
Thanx 4 posting the article dear ..πŸ˜ƒ
he shouldn't be depressed at such a young stage. every person do struggle in life.
But he has been thru a lot dear,a lot more than anyone his age cud withstand.Thats why.

But all of us really hope that the old fun loving Rajat bounces back :)