Jodha Akbar

Hindu metroplus article!!

-The_Tomboy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

• In the lap of history...

Of greatnessRajat Tokas as Akbar and (above) Paridhi Sharma as Jodha

TELEVISION An upcoming serial promises to showcase Akbar's transformation from a warrior to a benevolent king

Television has had its share of historical and mythological serials. While the success of Tipu Sultan is truly memorable, there have been other popular serials like Akbar The Great , Jhansi Ki Rani , Veer Shivaji and so on. Aiming to continue in the lofty tradition is Santram Verma who will be directing the show Jodha Akbar .

The serial has no correlation with the film of the same name which starred Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai. It is much more low key with Rajat Tokas playing the lead role of Akbar.

Only 22-year-old, Rajat, a Delhi boy, has earlier done many serials but playing the role of Akbar is going to be the most challenging one in his career.

He was understandably shy and at a loss for words during his media interaction. Rajat started his acting career as an eight-year-old. "I was swimming in a pool with my dad when a director of a show spotted me there and asked, if I was interested in acting. It was in the year 1998. The name of the show was Ek Nazar Ki Tamanna which was televised on Doordarshan. Before this I never had an idea of choosing acting as a career. Rajat was last seen on television playing the role of Prithviraj Chauhan. Says Rajat, "This one is going to be my fourth lead role in just eight years. Before this I have played lead roles in shows like Dharam Veer , Tere Liye and Prithvi Raj Chauhan . I feel playing Akbar will be the most challenging one. Akbar's role is a powerful one. I have to give my best, nothing less than 100 per cent. I have not gone through any history books nor have I seen Akbar's character elsewhere. I just try to observe things, rest depends on the director".

Being an expert in martial arts and horse riding gave him an edge over others in getting this role.

Paridhi Sharma will be playing the character of Jodha. Produced by Balaji Tele Films, Jodha Akbarpromises to showcase Akbar's journey from being Akbar the Warrior to Akbar The Great.

The show will highlight how it was Jodha's love that had a calming influence on him, transforming him froma brave warrior to a benevolent king and a better ruler with great appreciation for art, culture and love for his people. The show will be aired on Zee TV every Monday to Friday at 8 p.m. starting 18th June 18.

S.M.AAMIR

This came in today's metroplus hyderabad Edition! Metroplus rarely publishs Such news and when ever it does it is considered real good! 

Well article courtesy: thehindu.com 
Edited by -The_Tomboy- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-The_Tomboy- thumbnail
It came in the print version but i took the article copy for IF from the website!
-The_Tomboy- thumbnail
You're welcum! Edited by -The_Tomboy- - 10 years ago
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thanks yaar gowri!

God,im so happy ki our RAJAT IS FINALLY BACK!
-The_Tomboy- thumbnail
Originally posted by: disha15

thanks yaar gowri!

God,im so happy ki our RAJAT IS FINALLY BACK!

Mee tooo! And you are welcome
Tanvi.narula thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanx for sharing dear..😊
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: -The_Tomboy-

Mee tooo! And you are welcome

im tired dancing ðŸĪŠ you know what needs to be done right? ðŸ˜ģ *ahem*

.Barun. thumbnail