Jodha Akbar

18th June : The Beginning ! Episode Discussion!

shubhika124 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
First of all I'd like to applaud Balaji Productions for trying their hand in History , that too in a controversial sphere. I very well remember that during Gowariker's Jodha Akbar's release too same kind of insurgence occurred. Anyways!

WHY was it started that way…Jodha Akbar's spirits romancing! That was absolutely eerie & unneeded . In my opinion had the story began from the flash back itself , it would have looked far aesthetic. I was horrified to see regular beginning , like any Balaji show begins , Mumbai , beach & Ganesh Ji…I wish they'd have show Ganesh Ji solely , minus unnecessary superficiality 😳 Camera work in the beginning was glitched.
Editing & effects looked artificial . But it can be ignored. My least favorite part of the episode was the *younger Akbar phase* , acting , execution everything was below par..effects were absolutely amateur 😳 I so wish they had at least put in 10% of effort in introducing Akbar , the effort they put in to introduce Jodha!
Paridhi & her mother looked as beautiful as mother-daughter duo as Suhasini & Aishwarya did in the movie…my qualms..rest of the Rajputana cast miserably fails to impress…actors are not solely to be blamed , the execution & dialogues looked half hearted. Jodha's father , specially , the character & the acting was least appealing! He was a king , for god sake!
My humble request to the makers! This is historical subject not a daily soap so please grant the show an aesthetic appeal…the pug scene & the loud BGM reminded me of Kyunki so terribly!

Hits of the episode!
The LEADS! Rajat & Paridhi looked puuurrrfffuuuct! Jodha's mother & Surajmal really gelled in the character. But I wish they tone down Jodha's character a bit but i feel it was to show a contrast between now a happy Jodha & coming gloomy Jodha!
BGM during scale-scene.
Intriguing conclusion!
OMG! Om Puri the narrator! WOW!

Misses!
Half hearted execution!
Most of the cast!
Absence of aestheticism!
Stretching & portraying like a daily soap.

My rating : 2.5 out of 5

Edited by shubhika124 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
res!

EDIT.

You know i loved the souls part.So,ignoring ur part on that 🤪 

You know i dont like cheesy stuff,but there are exceptions.this being one 😳 *Blame it on Rajat's breath taking voice in the scene *

The mumbai n ganeshji part,i agree,it was typical EK style.One more minus,teh jai kali BGM.I was like why ekta why?!  

The chotu akbar phase,uh.well.Lemme just say i was glad it got over within 10 minutes(I had been telling ki it will be within 15 mins n then mera hero aayega!I was right,wasn't I? 😉)

Cut to-tere jeejusaa ☺️ His first scene,that look on his face!

I dunno how,but he managed smirking and showing a sense of  innocence at the same time!How can anybody give two expressions at the same time?! 

nnext,shift to jodha.Beuatifully jewellery on the rajputani women i must say!Jodha's jewellery were a let down for em though.Her mother's looked more elegant!I thinks somethin similar to that shud hav been given to her

oh forgot to mention,Om puri!He has such an amazing voice.I knew it was Om ji wiith teh very first sentence he spoke! 

Another thing which annoyed me,the temple scene,it was stretched just a little too much.Plus the horrifying BGM!

Please EK,dont u ever do that to our ears again :|

What bothered me the most 

Not enough Mughal scenes were shown!

Rajat had only few scenes! 😡 * i hate the cvs for this*

even then,he made a brilliant impression.Even without any dialogues,his body language n expressions spoke! 

Rajat just stole the episode for me! *AS EXPECTED*

Rajat's screen in the precap which made me  jump out of my chair(other than Rajat's entry scene 😳)

Ah!cant wait for tomorrow! *shakes feet in a completely restless n impatient way *

PSSHHHT.saw the smirk on ur jeejusaa's face in the last scene of the episode(bfore the precap).

he was looking at me 😉 ☺️

p.s : shubhi,thanks for making the post jaanemann! 
BY-THE-WAY,where are the episodal action reaction post u had promised? 😈

Kal ka episode ke liye,ready raho usse okay? 

Edited by disha15 - 10 years ago
..nams.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I truely agree with your POV @topic maker..!👏

its true that the whole episode in a way looked like Ekta's daily soaps.. 🤢

firstly i was confused seeing why are they showing present day Agra.. i am sure many of you also had the same expression & feeling.. may be it wasnt necessary.. fine lets go with her style of "bagwaan ka naam leke show shuru karna.." 

and then i found it really cute, in ur words 'romancing of spirits'.. seriously.. opinions differ.. so in my opinion i found it cute way.. 😳

then comes young akbar.. trust me.. that was utter disaster..  seeing promos and Rajat's bold characterization as Akbar, the young akbar no-where stood near to the grown up akbar..🥱  ekta could have done much better with younger one..!

oh yes the king! he acted like a mere common man! 😲 once again ekta tried her daily soap wala characterization here.. how most of the old men in her serials act! the king did the same.. he seriously lacked boldness and attitude that one king must have!

paridi's entry was again typical ekta's intro of the lead actress! but here i guess it goes for the plus point.. jodha was introduced beautifully..😳

my heart-beat just stopped when i saw myyy hottie ☺️ "Rajat!" goshh.. he is soo PERFECT for everything..  even though he was ther just for seconds.. trust me that took covered most of defects of the episode!😳

mother daughter bonding was good.. 👍🏼 it came our beautifully.. sujamal and jodha bonding too was another plus point.. ⭐️

jodha's sister seemed too fake!🥱 just like those typical daily soap characters.. she could have added more life to her character.. 😵

as u said most of the dialogues lacked the originality that should have been brought up for historical plays!

dont even get me started with BGM!😡 esply wo kaali wala.. i felt i was seeing some daily soap were a person's life is in danger! so typical of ekta! neverthless paridi's expression and her fear-less attitude of ek saccha rajputani filled in the super noisy long BGM!👏

entry of jodha, her attitude during loot, sujama-jodha-mother bonding, rajat's entry as Akbar added to the plus points..⭐️

and not forget the whole battle field effects seemed so FAKE! 🤢 i agree its mansoon season and its really difficult to get good locations for such scenes! but that dosnt mean you make up a huge fake nature for that! 😳

well yeah somewhere it lacked the look of historic period..😕 all credits to effects and camera statistics.. where Balaji Telefilms failed miserably.. hope either they would cover it up in up-coming episodes or i guess we would have to get used to it..

anyways the voice cover did bring smile on many faces! im sure about that..😃

and inspite of all hits and misses.. there started finally "jodha akbar!" 😳

hoping to see really really nice episodes in future.. 😳 ekta please do keep up ur "shaan"!😛

my rating would be 3 out of 5 😊
Edited by ..nams.. - 10 years ago
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I agree about the effects, it was so terrible , so bad
The fire, the sky everything looked fake
I expected better from Balaji 

But I really like the opening scene of the spirits , i found it super cute :P 
pratsy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
well...i really lyk ur review regardng d show...
i completely agree wd u...
i really wish..rajat k entry thodi amazing hoti...lyk akbar riding horse...or fighting...bt his entry ws so dull...anywaz...looking 4wrd 2 d show...i think..ds show is different frm d movie JA...n yeah...rajput characters r soo dull...paridhi impressed me 2dy... RT n Paridhi will make a gud pair

-Khush- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Haven't watched the episode but I like your review shubhi !

I knew the raja bharmal is very unappealing since the maha promo ! The man they have chosen plays lawyer-pandit- doctor in every show ! Like really ? 🤣 😡

Will comment on editing and effects when I watch ! :)

Rajat and paridhi are the show stealers as predicted it seems and I knew Vicky batra as sujamal is gonna be ZZz ! Never liked him in mahadev !

Waiting for ashvini and Chetan ! I love them ! Very strong actors for negatives ! :D

I think they showed the spirit talk to give it the epic tale feel ! That its going to be a love STORY ... How they met and what happened there on !

OM puri for narrative ! 🥳
featherheart thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
d begining of show was soo gud...esp THE SOUL TALK...best prt...very well executed...rajat ' voice was soo perfct...it was very clear abt his emotions...how much he lvd jodha...jodha's soft voice was supprtng it...
..den wen shwed hstry..strng wid opening pgs..again gud...d whole introdctry prt was gud...

abt cast -
rajat is one of ms tlntd actrs of tellywood he is doing his job prfctly...bairam khan...he also did gud job...nd i m sure chetan nd ashwini wil do prfct also..so as a whole d mughal side is soo gud.. 

now abt rajputs.well aftr seeing such a wndrful cast of PRC...dis cast actlly disappointd me...paridhi's sft voice her luks are gud s jodha..bt still she needs imprvmnt nd i m sure she will do btr... nd d whole jodha family...none of dem were lyk rajputs... wen paridhi is alone sayng sumthng she is doing ok... her bro gud choice...sujamal was d oly rajput whi suited at his role...jodha nd sujamal scene flt lyk rajputana scene...her run from mahal..gud..,.. bt her sistr fyts wid her sitr...nt royal...dey r rajputs aftrall...nd i cnt see a sngle rajput decncy nd accnt i any1 of dem...well dats nt d prob of cast...drctrs nd creatve head need to luk aftr dat...

nd last..i want atleast sumrealty in fyts...yr kuch to orignl lage...dis is prob wid all hstoricl serials..
.Barun. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Who is the man playing the character of king? He does not look like king at all.  I loved Rajat and Paridhi's dialogue delivery . They were just perfect.  There was a scope to make a entry of Jala a perfect one. And about younger Akbar ; he did much better than what I expected when I watched him in trailor 😛 
-Nags- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It was a good start for the first episode

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Ok honestly I was looking for a post where I could express what I felt and saw this one as it exactly expresses what I felt watching it!! I had lots of expectations from the show but was so totally disappointed..,While I totally love Rajat and Paridhi ..The whole first episode wala feel was lacking..The sets were so average ,make up even average ,authenticity of grandeur or dialect thumbs down...The only hits were Rajat and Paridhi's parts However they made it a total daily soap wala look with that sister talk..Princess ought to be chirpy ,but the total grandeur was missing..Jewellery is average and so totally agree with that opening errie feel...😕
Also what was with that Kali mandir scene such choppy direction..War scenes looked so artificial beyond average..BG scene even more typical Ekta soap churofied stuff ..The kali mandir scene reminded me of Anurag Tani Anurag prerna kinda show feel..Couldn't they work on a new BG score...
Cinematography honestly no words...
Comparison with other historicals is inevitable😕but after watching Maharana ,Jhansi ki rani and the brilliant works like Chittor ki rani...The dullness of the whole set up left me disappointed...I had been so looking forward to this but this daily soap feel made me fall flat with my expectations BIG SIGH