India-Forums.com- Participation Guidelines & Rules - Page 4

Posted: 10 years ago

A much needed step indeed.Thanks a lot for it.

Many people simply come to forum to create wars by making long provoking posts.

I've seen people bringing real life into reel life and creating a war zone.I hope celebrity wars may stop after this new policy.I'm totally fed up of all the mess up created by new ids.

Just a question-what about if a person makes 2 ids-one for writing a story n other for sending pms.I've seen this a common trend and many new members follow the oldies in this aspect.

What do u have to say about this issue?

Discussing the Dev Team-I had pmed u many times before questioning a DT n coz of my efforts QH got a better D-team,atleast I believe so.I think it's fair to keep things under cover.I under the administrative issues but in extreme cases,u need to be a bit lenient as well.A forum is ignored especially something related to KSG on IF.We have accepted the fact n we don't feel the need to question it here.Now when the DTs also become absent,many a times people don't know what to do and other times,pms to higher admins go unnoticed when required urgently or the matter is taken lightly.

U need to have a corner where members of various forums can collectively post their DT related issues or the safest option is to replace DTs if they remain inactive or rarely active more than a year. Noone likes to unnecessarily accuse someone or bring a debatable issue to notice.People are forced when things are ignored badly.KSG fans already suffer a lot due to minimum articles on KSG/KAJEN/KABHI. I think 1 year is a big time to give  a chance to any person.Forum members shud be the first priority instead of politics n everything.

QH forum members have faced huge problems when QH started coz of few DTs who were inactive.Now we have a good team n we r happy now.

I hope u may see this post n understand a bit about what I'm trying to say.I know that things get ugly when people question the DTs but then u need to understand that everyone spares time n becomes active on IF.If a person can't handle a responsibility,it can be delegated properly n if this can't be done he/she shud better resign instead of making the forum suffer.Many people leave the forum coz imp. issues were not dealt properly on time.

I don't wish to preach but this is exactly which I wish to tell u personally Vijay Sir

Kindly answer to my first question n think deeply about the second suggestion.As a member of QH forum,I've faced lots of problems n so do the other members n I had to raise my voice to get things right.Eventually things are better than before.

I love IF n I hope its popularity may increase day by day.

Take care!

Thanks for rules, Vijay!

But for personal attacks' rule, Many DT members dont follow it, then what's the point of making such rules when some DT don't take action against such members who instigate /Mock /Attack others?

Many times DT Either Closes without Any WL the topic or Edit it & that too when the topic is spammed for 10-20 pages filled with cyber bullying others & bashing them.

Just closing the topic without any strict action of WL only encourage bashers & they make more topics bashing members personally. Mods don't do anything against it than just closing the topic most of the time. However, sometimes if a different person from a different group does it even if it's for the first time, they immediately not only close the topic, but also immediately RAISE THE warning of the person without first warning them.

How's this fair? When they let members from one group to keep making bashing topics & be very easy on them & as soon as when a member from the other group gets hurt by being personally bashed from that group & still see Mods doing nothing against them seriously, and as soon as they lose control & reply back attacking them, they get immediately WL??

Why can't Mods be fair? ! If the mods themselves don't take any strict & immediate actions against such members who keep bashing others, it's obviously the other group can't be patient all the time! After all they're human & will get angry & reply back, But Mods take action then.

Can they be fair? !! I am not talking about all DT, but some!
Originally posted by Cutieee1992

Thanks for rules, Vijay!

But for personal attacks' rule, Many DT members dont follow it, then what's the point of making such rules when some DT don't take action against such members who instigate /Mock /Attack others?

Many times DT Either Closes without Any WL the topic or Edit it & that too when the topic is spammed for 10-20 pages filled with cyber bullying others & bashing them.

Just closing the topic without any strict action of WL only encourage bashers & they make more topics bashing members personally. Mods don't do anything against it than just closing the topic most of the time. However, sometimes if a different person from a different group does it even if it's for the first time, they immediately not only close the topic, but also immediately RAISE THE warning of the person without first warning them.

How's this fair? When they let members from one group to keep making bashing topics & be very easy on them & as soon as when a member from the other group gets hurt by being personally bashed from that group & still see Mods doing nothing against them seriously, and as soon as they lose control & reply back attacking them, they get immediately WL??

Why can't Mods be fair? ! If the mods themselves don't take any strict & immediate actions against such members who keep bashing others, it's obviously the other group can't be patient all the time! After all they're human & will get angry & reply back, But Mods take action then.

Can they be fair? !! I am not talking about all DT, but some!

We would work on this and make sure that there is more effective system in place so that we can address this complain of the members.
Originally posted by vijay

Well there is no contradiction and that rule is more to avoid one. 

Well most of the time it has been noticed that it becomes like a "targetted bashing" topic instead of staying "objective" this is the reason we do not allow such topics.

One can always PM the higher DTs if a viewbie or the moderators not taking sufficient action against members who are not following the rules.

What if the problem is with the Higher DTs themselves, lol? Then is it okay for us to publicly question the system if necessary? I'm guessing not, because whenever any question is raised, all you do is close the post altogether wihtout any reply. You can not blame us for thinking that the allegations which are sometimes put against the system and those running it are actually true...because that's right, the admin runs away like a chicken instead of sorting out the matter.
Edited by -Aimz- - 10 years ago
Thanks Mr Vijay

A kind request, can something be done to the ads? Sometimes its embarrassing.
thank you for this...u all are working hard to ensure a safe environment on IF and we appreciate this...
The restriction on those members who are facing WL is very embarrassing because the restriction is exposing their WL to all .. a very bad idea according to me ..
Second, yes I m facing this bra ad too .. if we are not allowed to post such a comments then these ads also must remove from IF .. bra ads, , an underwear ads etc etc .. this is not a family forum anymore it was a family forum ..

Again sorry for any typing mistake replyng from tabletEdited by Pentaminous. - 10 years ago
Good to get a clear idea. Thanks for the descriptive post cz i myself wasn't aware of some of these :)

I specially am glad to have these new ones as far as I think!! Seriously needed! We r here to show we love something/someone and its always better to have a conductive atmosphere to do it without anyone telling us we love a celeb/s too much, cz it is indeed not a crime to love a celebrity!
🥱

Celebrity Slander : We understand that you are not going to be a fan of all celebrities but that does not allow anyone to resort to name calling .We do not want anyone riling up fans of particular celebrities and hence making the section a warzone.  Don't mock fans as it's not a crime to love a celebrity and do not be sarcastic and pass it off as humor.

Moral Policing:  Moral policing by members in any forum will NOT be tolerated. It only leads to unnecessary instigation/arguments.  The section Dev Team Members will do the needful when a situation arises.  Members are to simply abide by the rules and not preach others. If you should come across an abusive topic please contact the development team, rather than taking matters in your own hands. You can contact the Development team by either reporting the post in question and filling out what the issue is, or by sending a PM with a link to the thread containing a few sentences of what the issue.  When reporting the issues make sure you use the hierarchy. Viewbies are to be contacted first and then then up the ladder Moderators to Channel Moderators to Global Moderator and the Admin.

Criticism :  We repeat this time and again that we allow Criticism . You are free to show displeasure, contradict, disagree and criticize the show and its characters. However there is a fine line between these actions and bashing. Direct hurls or targeting people/show with the intention to humiliate and disgrace is what is not allowed.

But I also have one issue.
For the past many days there were many PMs me and some friends kept for higher DT. They have NOT yet been read
I know it must be hard but the titles were regarding something important and we were very clear on what we reported and it was an issue of MIDs.

And till now the PMs have not been opened. Hope that can be sorted out soon.

Also if there was a place where we could clearly post any ID we suppose is a MID would be great as long as action would be immediately taken by ANY DT member across forums for that thing.

Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago
Sir,
Thank you so much for the post.
Could you please explain as to why the fans get away with everything and anything? 
They bash members left and right. When someone opens up a topic criticising the celeb that they love, they make it a war zone and eventually the topic gets closed. so pretty much the forum has only the topics abt their celeb worshipping.
As you said, we cannot love all the celebs. So yes, we criticse some and we love some. But this excessive fangiri is annoying.
There are a number of topics being repeated on the same celeb...worshipping, heaping praises. Example: I saw 3 topics on the JDJ forum on the same performance... praising the celeb.
 They fill up the forum with their worship and if anyone dare say anything slightly negative about the celeb, they are called names like dogs, haters, bashers and what not.

I sincerely hope that you will be unbiased and take the appropriate actionin this regard.
Edited by T1ddlyW1nks - 10 years ago

Thank you for the post and much needed. Thanks for the personal attack and moral policing rules. hope the personal attacks will be dealt immediately and please take severe action for those who directly starts name calling or cursing the members family, upbringing, physical attributes etc simply because they criticize their fab celebs. and please do something about obsessive fans and not saying its a crime to like any celebs but obsessed fangirls come and create problems in even a good post and start harassing others etc and thus the mess is created.
hope the rules are implemented well.