Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Pentaminous.

Vijay Sir, I strongly recommend you too please do something for those supporters who support their favorites to the core and does not respect others opinions.. Being a fan boy or girl is not a bad thing everybody has right to support their favorites and like them but everything should be done in a proper limit.. If my friends (you know what I mean) posts anything against any celebrity, you trash the thread because it goes against IF rules. Vijay sir rules are rules for everyone. We never seen you took action against those members who talked sexually with our friends just because they criticize their favorites..

If a member can't criticize a celebrity and personally attacked for that, that's unacceptable. 

Every celebrity is open for all public for liking, disliking, criticism... Freedom of speech must prevail. No forum can ever legally restrict that. 

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
The  need of the hour is unbiased and strict moderation and rest everything will fall in place.

vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Aimz-

What if the problem is with the Higher DTs themselves, lol? Then is it okay for us to publicly question the system if necessary? I'm guessing not, because whenever any question is raised, all you do is close the post altogether wihtout any reply. You can not blame us for thinking that the allegations which are sometimes put against the system and those running it are actually true...because that's right, the admin runs away like a chicken instead of sorting out the matter.

Well again the rules are the same that you cannot discuss it on forums and for higher DT (including me) simply PM me about it.

Regarding your second point where topics are closed without giving a reason I would like to only say that it was due to lack of time and less active DT during that time. Much of the points had already been made in my earlier Cyber Bullying GA and inspite of that some members continued being on the offensive side so we had to just close it as there were plenty which had to be dealt with in limited time.

And some of the topics has been deleted / trashed cause they were just created to instigate other members / fan groups and was being done by a group in a consorted manner to disrupt and create unrest in the forum.

I hope I answered your query.

nikita_88 thumbnail
Thanks for the new rules... 

I will believe them when I see the correct course of action taken... Fans have made me hate actors and actresses I have loved cause they can't take critism when I see these people have warning levels will I believe that this rules actually have been applied well... 

Simple thing I have learnt of IF be part of forums where only 20 members are active... At least your honestly will be apperciated... 
vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: Wiseman

If a member can't criticize a celebrity and personally attacked for that, that's unacceptable. 

Every celebrity is open for all public for liking, disliking, criticism... Freedom of speech must prevail. No forum can ever legally restrict that. 

Under Indian law, the freedom of speech and of the press do not confer an absolute right to express one's thoughts freely. There are several restrictions which prohibits making indecent / immoral / defamatory speeches.

Regards,
Olive_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Mr. Vijay I've just finished reading your announcement in it's entirety but I'm afraid I will not be hitting the like button. When I first joined this forum I was looking for a place to communicate with other people who watch IPKKND but sad to say I came upon the craziest set of fans who for some reason thought the sun was shinning from the armpit of a certain actor who should not be named. Fair enough if people want to lick and lay on the perspiration of an actor then so be it but the ones who don't and expresses the same, why should they be labelled as Haters, Bashers, Uneducated, Jobless, Low-lifes, Murderers, Rapist Fan-goatwas, Trolls etc to name a few?

I remember during the SPL in Birmingham a few rabid fans decided to protest when they realized their God-like so-called eye-candy actor may quit their favorite show. I had no problem with them protesting but when one of them compared their silly protest to what Rosa parks did which ensued the Civil Rights Movement I was rather appalled and upset. Mr. Vijay I come from a mixed background and a huge part of my heritage is black so you could only imagine how upset I was that someone used such a sensitive  part of my history to compare such a travesty?  I will not go into details as to why Mrs. Parks chose to remain sitting on that bus and was later arrested.

I remember reporting it to one of your "ever-efficient" DT members Mandy but I'm afraid I was not pleased with the way it was dealt with still I let it go. As they say in the West Indies "Egg don't belong in rock-stone dance". At that time I was an egg and the Fanimals were rock-stones, so who was I to be in their dance uninvited?

Yes you talk about dealing with things amicably and not openly criticizing the the DT but what about the PMs that were sent to you and the DT by myself and many others which were never read and acknowledge or sometimes read and never acknowledged?  Whatever caused people to start exposing and speaking openly about the DT, then this is one of the reasons.

Another reason being the fact that some of your "staff" members were very arrogant with members in the past and still continue to do so. I remember getting my first WL from Deepz and although I did not believe I  deserved it, I understood where she was coming from and I wish other members of your team were like her but sad to say they're not. I am not here to praise anyone or suck up because that is not my thing but when someone does good it should be known as well as when they do horrible things.

One of your DT members boasted to me about closing all of a member's post which made it sound like she never read them but simply stalked waiting for her to post so she can close them off. So please explain to me what that was if it was not targeting and biased behavior.

You talk about warning levels but you are not clear on how they work. 
Are they attached to an account forever or are they ever removed? I would love to know.

Sorry for the long essay as it's not my thing...,believe me, I've even surprised myself.😳
Edited by Olive_Rose - 10 years ago
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Another thing which I would like to bring into notice is that TB articles and Wassup features are mostly concentrated on popular actors (as per IF ranking)  or their shows  in IF . It kind of fuels fan fights and creation of spam posts in the forum because fans make such posts just to see their show or actors on top.

It would be great if more shows/ actors could be covered as well by TB and Wassup because there are many of us who would like to read about them. Features focused only on some celebrities/shows week after week is plain boring.

Edited by nneeiill - 10 years ago
gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you Vijay for posting these rules. I'm sure they will serve as great refreshers for all and help make India-Forums a more healthier platform!

Credits to all those involved in compiling the list.
vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: Olive_Rose

You talk about warning levels but you are not clear on how they work.
Are they attached to an account forever or are they ever removed? I would love to know.

Warning levels can only be reduced after 3 months if the member has been active with no new warning increase and has not violated any of our forum rules. Its not an automated feature and requires the member to send a request PM to lower the Warning Level to the Dev Team member who raised their warning level and in the event the PM goes unanswered for more then a week please contact the Channel Moderator or Global Moderator.
Edited by vijay - 10 years ago
Olive_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: -Roshani-

Thanks Mr Vijay

A kind request, can something be done to the ads? Sometimes its embarrassing.

I don't believe Vijay can do anything about the ads you recieve on your desktop/laptop. They are tailored to suit you  based on your previous internet searches or someone who've used your computer. 

It all has to do with Cookies and it's possible you allowed them; if your're not familiar with what they are then try familiarizing yourself with them and things will be a lot clearer.

I hope that helps if not sorry for intruding
Edited by Olive_Rose - 10 years ago