Grand Premiere Episode: Plus and minus points.

Posted: 10 years ago
Hello,
So I just wanted to blab a little about today's episode of DID. 

Firstly, it was quite entertaining to watch DID again after awhile and see Terence, Marzi and Mithunda and all on TV...haha they're all hilarious in their own ways. And the quality of this episode was actually really decent. With the humour quotient, the emotional connect, the judging and of course the dancing and choreography. It was a well put together episode. It felt genuine too. I was actually touched by the mothers' personal stories and all too. 

I am a little confused about how this show is going to work though. So the skipper/choreographer performs a duet with one of their contestants every week, and then the rest of the contestants just do a trio of their own? Hmm, interesting...I was wondering how this was going to work. 

So my favourite performances  today were Raghav's duet on "sukoon" and the trio from Jai's team. 

I have to say Raghav  stands apart for his ability to bring this PURPOSE to his choreography. This was especially evident with his duo choreography. This act COULD have been just another cute type puppet act, but it was so much more. It had so much more depth and meaning to it. And that Raghav style innocence. It was just these subtle aspects/moments in the performance that left me in awe. Especially the way the dance ended...it wasn't just as if we've witnessed a dance performance, but also a story. The actual dancing was really good too, but what makes Raghav's choreography stand apart is that touch of PURPOSE to it...that touch of genius. And it was just wonderful to see Raghav actually dancing once again! I love his dance style, really. So effortless and smooth and genius at the same time. This was the only performance of the show I'd say that was pretty near perfect. And both the performers were in sync. I liked how Raghav used his contestants' strength as an advantage in the performance too. 

I liked Jai's duet too. Jai definitely knows his dance styles and is well trained for sure. And Siddesh's duet was also very entertaining. πŸ˜† Siddesh's choreography was bang on to his personality I must say. haha I was a little disappointed with Prince's choreography though. I think for the duet, the choreography was way too challenging for his contestant, and she couldn't match up at all. 

I really liked Jai's trio act too. This one girl..I think she was wearing the orange-coloured costume...(I don't know any of the contestants' names at this point so please bear with me), was actually REALLY graceful! I enjoyed watching her dance. She was the best one out of the three for me. And the choreography was just so sweet, for such a lovely song. I loved how Jai choreographed the little beats in between in the song too. 

I liked the idea of Raghav's trio too. Different and appropriate for the theme of this show. 

Since this is only the first episode, the dancing isn't super crisp and clear I guess. Also I would like to see more of the dancers' personalities through their dancing instead of the choreography taking over. I didn't really feel that strong of a connection to any of the contestants as such. But I guess that will develop later on. 

And Terence is way too sweet. lol I wish he would criticize just a tiny bit more. But anyways, still really good to see him back on TV for sure. 

All in all, it was an enjoyable episode with refreshing choreography. And oh Vidya was awesome! haha What confidence this woman has! πŸ‘

Oh and my favourite moment of the episode: Raghav's spontaneous dancing on "Ghanchakar Babu". πŸ€£ What a goof. πŸ˜†

Looking forward to watching the episode!!
havent watched it yet!!
Edited by Aliya_hzsn - 10 years ago
very well analyzed. πŸ‘
episode was good. full on entertainment with dance and dhamaal and emotional touches as well. ⭐️
my favourite was also raghav's duo and that contestant's name is saswati. i do remember names of couple of them now. πŸ˜† in last episode also she did puppet dance which was good, i guess she is becoming my favorite. bt yeah, it's too early for that.

top 3 acts were definitely, raghav's duo, jai's trio, raghav's trio. πŸ‘
judges were awesome, hilarious and so does the anchor. 😎

i like vidya balan bt i felt too much of movie promotion happened, they promoted vidya's movie after every dance !!!! i wish they won't go into so much into movie promotion during future episodes πŸ€”
and my another concern is that some moms do hv sad stories bt i hope they don't keep repeating them every episode. i guess they needed for TRPs bt still. πŸ˜•

overall DID is best, and DID moms are entertaining.
πŸ‘πŸΌ

Hellooo Pallo ji :P

So in all honesty this epi was a majorly damp squib for me...maybe I got a little too excited last week seeing the precap and Raghav-Terence again but this whole epi was a let down...not a single performance IMPRESSED me overall...

Yes, Raghav's act with the puppet girl was good...and even the trio from his team was decent but overall the dancing is WEAK...the group acts have MAJOR co-ordination problems in ALL the teams...

The mummies ki bonding with their respective skippers is also not that much fun like it was with the kids in Little Masters...I just really missed the kids while watching this epi...

And I burst out laughing when the Mummies in Raghav's team were calling him SIRπŸ˜•πŸ˜†

I found a lack of creativity in the way some acts were choreographed...especially the trio from Siddesh's team...three item songs, really? Blah.

Jai's trio was decent although I feel the three ladies weren't in that much sync...the dancing deffo lacks crispness surprisingly considering that the auditions made it look like the level of dancing won't be compromised for the sake of the Moms.

But that is what seems to be happening...and Terence dude *shakes head hopelessly*...Chummeshwari being passed out like toffees...Marzi se toh hope hai bhi nahin but Terence has become SUCH a pushover as a judge in many ways now...disappointing.

Baaki too much time wasted in the usual Dada nautankis.

I wish they'd shown more of Raghav...he looked a bit subdued except for that bit with him laughing his head off when that green sari waali Mummy was saying something about her husband eyeing other Mummies...dunno but the gags felt forced.

Contrastingly India's Dancing Superstars ka epi was awesome...superbly entertaining...and Riteish-Geeta as judges are DAMN fun...the hosting on that show is so much better too...DID is relaxing it's standards for the Mummies...I fear this will be a sub par season now...Anyways hope today's epi is a bit better.

P.S. I tried posting last night but IF was acting up so I just gave up and went to sleep :((...sorry for the late reply :(
@Queen22: Hey thanks for replying. :) Oh yeah Saswati that's her name. Yeah that was definitely the best act of the episode. 

Originally posted by AreYaar

Hellooo Pallo ji :P

So in all honesty this epi was a majorly damp squib for me...maybe I got a little too excited last week seeing the precap and Raghav-Terence again but this whole epi was a let down...not a single performance IMPRESSED me overall...

Yes, Raghav's act with the puppet girl was good...and even the trio from his team was decent but overall the dancing is WEAK...the group acts have MAJOR co-ordination problems in ALL the teams...

The mummies ki bonding with their respective skippers is also not that much fun like it was with the kids in Little Masters...I just really missed the kids while watching this epi...

And I burst out laughing when the Mummies in Raghav's team were calling him SIRπŸ˜•πŸ˜†

I found a lack of creativity in the way some acts were choreographed...especially the trio from Siddesh's team...three item songs, really? Blah.

Jai's trio was decent although I feel the three ladies weren't in that much sync...the dancing deffo lacks crispness surprisingly considering that the auditions made it look like the level of dancing won't be compromised for the sake of the Moms.

But that is what seems to be happening...and Terence dude *shakes head hopelessly*...Chummeshwari being passed out like toffees...Marzi se toh hope hai bhi nahin but Terence has become SUCH a pushover as a judge in many ways now...disappointing.

Baaki too much time wasted in the usual Dada nautankis.

I wish they'd shown more of Raghav...he looked a bit subdued except for that bit with him laughing his head off when that green sari waali Mummy was saying something about her husband eyeing other Mummies...dunno but the gags felt forced.

Contrastingly India's Dancing Superstars ka epi was awesome...superbly entertaining...and Riteish-Geeta as judges are DAMN fun...the hosting on that show is so much better too...DID is relaxing it's standards for the Mummies...I fear this will be a sub par season now...Anyways hope today's epi is a bit better.

P.S. I tried posting last night but IF was acting up so I just gave up and went to sleep :((...sorry for the late reply :(

Hellooo hai jee! *waves* πŸ˜†

Oh yeah IF was acting up last night. What a dramatic turn of events, haha..here I was all excited for our little reunion and all. Yeah I gave up and went to sleep too. It's all good.πŸ˜†

Anywhoos...ohh what is this India's Dancing Superstars? Another dance reality show? Does it air on the weekend too? I might watch that too. Wayyy too many dance reality shows right now man...there's JDJ too which I haven't watched yet either. 

Oh and before I reply to your post...aww you avi-d that Terence-Raghav moment!!!! πŸ˜† Aww at their hug and their little nautanki dance moment!! That was such a natural interaction there! I SO wish we had gotten to see something like that during the episode too. Would you mind if I stole it? πŸ˜³

Yeah I know what you mean about the episode not being as exciting and up to expectations. I guess if the dancing from the contestants themselves is weak, then it brings everything down. But I think since I haven't really watched Indian dancing on TV for a while, I was still entertained. 

Oh yeah, good point about the bonding. Yeah there really wasn't much of that at all. Pretty disappointing. 

LOL at the Raghav "SIR" thing. Umm yeah...*shakes head* I hope we get to see a better bonding between these guys later on. *sigh*

Yeah Siddesh and Prince's trios were really quite a let down. It was just a bunch of stuff randomly thrown in together. *sigh* Doesn't help that the dancing is weak too like you said. 

Yeah for the Jai's trio act, I mostly liked it for the choreography only...and this one girl like I mentioned. I thought she was gracefully pleasant to watch. But of course that effect of a group act doesn't come through if the sync is off, true. 

Oh man that green sari wali mummy was kind of annoying. Too forced indeed. But yeah that was like the only time we got to see Raghav being himself. That and his "ghanchakar babu" bit. I did enjoy that Raghav moment though I have to say. 

I'm willing to make excuses since this was only the first episode...for a first time attempted concept..but I do hope it gets better or it might just be a chore to watch this show. *sigh* The boogie woogie mummy special was so much better than this though, come to think of it in retrospect. 

OH and yes WORD about Terence. What a disappointment yaarrr! :( You just worded exactly what I was trying to put nicely. What was up with giving "chumeshwari's" after every performance. I miss the old Terence. I wish he would just be himself. 

But aww yaar so nice to see/talk to you again though! πŸ€— I hope the episodes get better so we can talk more, at least. lol

Edit: Oh speaking of Boogie Woogie, there is this one contestant who participated in the BW moms show too.  That lady Phulwa who is in Siddesh's team. The same woman who choreographed that Marathi song Apsara Aali. She's a very good dancer... quite skilled. I was looking forward to watching her, but she didn't really stand out as such. She might get just get let down by Siddesh's choreography. 
Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 10 years ago
Pallooo *slow motion jhappis*πŸ€—

LOL ofcourse you can chori the gifs yaar...yeh bhi koi puchhne ki baat hai? Yeah I made some stuff on them and I'd hoped this epi would give me more material to make stuff on them but I was disappointed :((

Yaar expectations toh honi hi thi with the way the intro to the teams was done in last week's epi...and I'd seen the auditions and the level of dancing seemed good...I thought choreography would bring polish...but somewhere I feel like the skippers are struggling with the Mummies...I sense lack of communication and bonding...maybe the guys feel awkward trying to dictate to Mummies and aren't able to treat them as regular students?  Honestly to me the skippers looked almost DISINTERESTED.

This Cecile lady is STILL doing salsa ALL the damn time...she's been doing the same two-three salsa moves since the time of auditions...I didn't see any variety...and aate hi Terence ne de diya chummeshwari...what is WRONG with him, man? *sigh*

Oh I remember Phulwa very well...I've been following her dancing from before she even came on BW Mummy championship...before she got married and had a baby and gained weight...she used to be so skinny...amazing dancer...and yeah I found out recently that she choreographed apsara aali...her first audition in DID was good...but the mega audtion was so so...and this week toh was disappointing...the choreography didn't do much for her and she surprisingly looked a little off balance in bits.

I'm telling you there is lack of sync in the team dynamics...how the skipper is supposed to ensure that ENERGY b/w his team...nahin ho raha so far.

That reminds me...I did find it amusing and adorable how Raghav was telling his Mummy trio to relax and do their act with FEELπŸ˜†...I do feel communication is lacking somewhere though...woh BOND nahin ban paaya b/w the team.

I hope these ppl are able to fix these issues soon cuz like you said the INDIVIDUALITY of the contestants isn't coming out yet...we aren't being able to CONNECT with them...despite the stories...like they repeated the story of that blue lady from Jai's team...I do feel sorry for her but why repeat her story again? Auditions mein bhi aur ab bhi...I feel they should cut down some on the melodrama and stupid Marzi-Dada gags and focus on DANCING.

Oh IDS is decent yaar...it's a dance show on Star Plus...yeah it airs on weekends only...at 9 pm...format is basically any age, any style, any duo/trio/group, anything...so there is a mixed type of talent there...and contestants are good...but more than the contestants I'm just in SPLITS over Riteish's one-liners...his and Geeta's interactions...which are currently more entertaining than the judging on DID sadly...I hope DID finds it's rhythm and more importantly we get more good Raghav and Terence moments *fingers crossed*

*Edit: Re: JDJ...it's not that great this year but some performances have been worth watching...especially Madhuri with Pandit Birju Maharaj...lemme know if you want to watch and I can PM  you the relevant links.
Edited by AreYaar - 10 years ago
Awww *super squishy slow motion jhappis back* πŸ€—

YAY! hehe chori-ing right away! :D :D Thank youuu! *kissie*

I know yeah, too bad there wasn't much scope in the episode for more avis. 

I think you're right about the communication thing. That must be it. Because I do feel there is potential in the choreography. I guess that awkwardness would have to go. Maybe if the skippers explored their mummies personalities a bit more. I hope this bonding develops more later on. Because that is actually the most important thing. That is the reason I feel that Terence does what he does with his contestants. He gets through to them and they give their best in turn. Something which we saw with Raghav and his kids too. That trust and natural bonding. I had thought that if anyone could do it, it would've been Raghav but it must be too much of a challenge for him also. It must be easier for him to get along with kids than mummies. :P lol 

I also feel that the environment is not that competitive. Thanks to the judging probably. With stupid chumeshwaris being thrown out after every performance...and that dumb "mumtaaza" word or whatever...umm W*F? lol But really, how are the contestants/skippers going to COMPETE? And take this competition SERIOUSLY if the overall environment of the show is so...dull and accepting? That spark won't be created then..that inspiration and DRIVE to do something better. DID seems to be slacking off in the competition department overall too.

But of the 4 skippers, I think Jai and Raghav do at least look interested. Like you mentioned that Raghav "feel" wala moment. And even Jai does seem interested and sincere. But yeah, like you said, maybe it's the communication thing. It must be too much of a challenge for these guys. 

Oh and since I didn't see much of the auditions...don't know about Cecile doing the same stuff again...hmm that must get boring to watch then, I can understand. Even that blue lady story you're mentioning, this was the first time I had heard it so I was touched. 

But yeah now I am starting to see what you mean...if they are repeating stuff from the auditions, then there doesn't seem to be much initiative put in to really put on a good show. And REALLY show us the personalities of these women. Instead of just conveniently using the same aspects of these contestants again and again. 

Oh you've seen Phulwa before BW also? Nicee...yeah I think she's a really good dancer. I hope she gets to show her skill more in the upcoming episodes. She's really very talented and I loved her choreography for Apsara Aali. It was very refreshing, even from usual Marathi/lavani standards. Of course that dancer was like super amazing who performed that song..but even so...the choreography had very classical touches to it that I really like. Even during Boogie Woogie, I loved her creativity. But then, yeah she might have lost her touch with dancing after having kids and all too. 

And really I have no clue what is wrong with Terence...I have the same question, really. *shakes head hopelessly*. I hope he gets his brains back soon. 

Remember we talked about this "disinterest" only, as you've aptly worded it, during DID season 3 too? Before Terence started getting inspired and giving good choreographies again..before he got Raghav too I guess. lol There was that disinterest and lack of drive that season too. And really, the judging does not help...when every performance is conveniently praised and dismissed as very good...chalo chutti. Kam katham types. How are we as an audience supposed to gain interest in the show when the participants don't seem interested? 

Oh so IDS had you in splits really? lol I wanna see that. Oh and interesting how it's just any type of dancing/pair/group etc. And I just find it funny that Geeta, Terence and Remo have all separated into their own respective reality shows. πŸ˜† Don't know if and when another season of DID will happen. 

And OMG Madhuri and Pandit Birju Maharaj together!? Woah...that sounds so epic and awesome man!! I wanna see that for sure!! Yes, please PM me the links. 

Edit: Aww your sig is so pretty...where is that from? 

Edit again: Oh that IDS reminds me of this other show...did you ever watch that India's Best Dramebaaz show? I only saw like 2-3 episodes because we had free Zee tv for a while because of some promotion thing. So I saw it on TV and it was a really cute show. πŸ˜† And Anurag Basu, Vivek Oberoi and Sonali Bendre were judging it, and they were all good I thought. 

Oh and remember how you told us about that Terence and Sonali Bendre show back during DID kids? Did you ever end up watching it? lol I toh forgot about that one. haha 

Ok I'm gonna stop editing this post now. :|
Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 10 years ago
Ok I'll PM you the JDJ6 links in a bit...

For now IDS mein se this performance yesterday I really liked

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd1OHu5GJS8[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd1OHu5GJS8

Waise whole show is on YT if you want to watch...

LOL yeah I also find it hilarious that Remo, Geeta and Terence have branched out...but I do think DID4 is gonna happen soon...probably by the end of this year...all these shows will wrap up by the and our original trio will get back to their first lowe :P

I think Terence is on as a temporary judge until Farah heals from her injury or something...that's what they said in the epi naa :((

Anyways out of the three, I think Geeta is still atleast in her Maa zone...lol she hasn't changed herself much from her DID judging unlike Remo and Terence who undergo personality makeovers when they go to other shows :P

Btw guess which group is also participating in IDS this year? Raghav ke D ManiaxπŸ˜†...their acts are good...like this is the one from this week

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJZgd2pCIRI[/YOUTUBE]

Oh my sig is from Chalo Dilli yaar...thankoos! Glad you liked!
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Edit again: Oh that IDS reminds me of this other show...did you ever watch that India's Best Dramebaaz show? I only saw like 2-3 episodes because we had free Zee tv for a while because of some promotion thing. So I saw it on TV and it was a really cute show. πŸ˜† And Anurag Basu, Vivek Oberoi and Sonali Bendre were judging it, and they were all good I thought. 

Oh and remember how you told us about that Terence and Sonali Bendre show back during DID kids? Did you ever end up watching it? lol I toh forgot about that one. haha 

Ok I'm gonna stop editing this post now. :|

LOL at the editsπŸ˜†

IBD was maha pakaau...the kids were ANNOYING...I only watched one or two epis dhang se...one was the Ranbir one when he showed up to promote YJHD cuz his and Anurag Basu's interactions were adorable...second was the finale cuz they had acts from Raghav, Prince and the rest of the Supermoms skippers and those were all awesome...those were the reason I got excited for DID Supermoms to begin with...lol

Naa never got around to watching the Terence-Sonali show...guess I forgot about it...lol

Here is the Madhuri-Pandit Birju Maharaj performance from the JDJ6 premiere...there's a couple of other awesome acts from this season that I'll post in a bit too.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10i1ge_jdj6-madhuri-birju-maharaj_news#.UccbkpxF27o
I am enjoying the conversation here. Saw some performances from IDS too. Loved this Akshay Pal boy. What a control over each n every muscle..

About DID super moms, I should say I am rooting for Phulwa, as she is a fab dancer. Yesterday in trio, she stood out for me, coz her moves were clean n complete. But she was lesser than what I saw in Boogie Woogie. Hope she bounces back in her solo acts.

Didn't watch rest sorry.