The Vampire Diaries

TVD - Spoilers & Promos #3 - Page 2

itsD.E.L.E.N.A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Comic-Con 2013: 'Vampire Diaries' EP Spills Season 5 Scoop

The Season 4 finale of The CW's The Vampire Diaries was in a word ' CRAZY

To recap just a bit of what went down, Elena (Nina Dobrev) made a love choice and it was Damon (Ian Somerhalder), Katherine is now human, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) came back to life and Bonnie (Kat Graham) became a ghost while the gang was also graduating from high school. Oh yeah and Stefan (Paul Wesley) is a doppelganger and is Silas. See, Crazy?

So just where exactly are things headed on Season 5? Executive producerCaroline Dries told Celebuzz and other journalists at Comic-Con Saturday afternoon that the highly anticipated next season will be all about "fresh starts."

With Elena and Caroline (Candice Accola) going off to college, Elena is out to "prove she can be a functioning normal vampire." But while it will be all frat parties and math classes at first, Elena will come to realize there is something more mysterious going on at her new school.

And Delena fans, don't worry, Dries promised that Damon and Elena will be happy -- for a little while at least ' before things go awry. She remarked that while the writers are hyper aware and wanting to keep the sexual tension from before the couple got together, they do want "them to be genuinely happy for a little while because Damon has fought so hard to be with Elena."

"We kind of want to go against the grain," she continued, "and make them a happy couple without bickering and fighting every episode but actually make their relationship suffer from real life issues that come up in normal people relationships and make it less about mythological conflicts."

As for Katherine's new status as a human, Dries revealed that the character will continue to be the "conniving, rude, manipulative bitch" fans have come to love but she is obviously more vulnerable.

"She has to learn how to adapt as all her victims have," she said. "She becomes this weirdly loveable person that you kind of want to date every character on the show. She'll continue to be Katherine the villain for the first chunk of the season because she doesn't know any other way."

There will also be a lot more of the vixen this season. In addition to more Katherine, the show will also delve deep into the doppelganger mythology.

Source: http://www.celebuzz.com/2013-07-20/comic-con-2013-vampire-diaries-ep-spills-season-5-scoop/

Edited by itsD.E.L.E.N.A - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

itsD.E.L.E.N.A thumbnail

Vampire Diaries @ Comic-Con: Power-Hungry 'Stefan,' Happy (?) Delena, a Bigger Bad and More

Vampire Diaries lovers Elena and Damon are together at last, but will the honeymoon period last for long?

Executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries joined stars Nina DobrevPaul WesleyIan Somerhalder, Kat Graham and Candice Accola at the show's Comic-Con panel on Saturday to tease Delena and Klaroline's future, the looming Big Bad, Katherine's phlegmy human obstacle and more.

SEASON 5 PREVIEW | A sexy sizzle reel (below) was capped off with a sneak peek at the new season: Silas (as Stefan) stands on a platform in the middle of a Town Square summer stage and talks about how much blood he's consumed. He's testing his powers to see how many people he can influence. Perhaps a whole crowd of compelled residents? Meanwhile, Bonnie lets out a chilling scream in the midst of the mob.

DELENA'S FUTURE | Now that Elena and Damon are finally a couple, will they get some joyful times? "There's no drama in happiness," Plec pointed out. However, "[We] try to keep them happy for a while in midst of all the bad things around them trying to tear them apart." Somerhalder, who was surprised Elena chose his character ("I thought they were joking. Damon never gets the girl," he marveled), added that the vamp is "smitten and sweet."

SILAS MEETS HIS COMPETITION | "The Big Bad rarely launches the season," hinted Plec. "The Big Bad often gets vanquished" by an even Bigger Bad, so Silas might need to watch his back. In the meantime, "we will catch a glimpse of what happened to get Silas the way he is," the EP teased.

SCHOOL ROMANCE | The show's vampire girls "can't get by with the same tricks" at college as Mystic Falls, Accola noted. (A funny observation from Wesley: "Why are we pursuing higher education? We're all murderers. We can steal whatever we want.") And what's college without some cute new boys? "There will be some apples to be picked," the actress smiled. Best rest assured, Caroline's "pretty determined to get Tyler to college so they can finally be together, since Klaus is gone." As for whether the Original will return to the gal he's enamored with, Plec said the question is, "Will Caroline have her hands full of Klaus in New Orleans?"

COLDS SUCK | How will Katherine deal with being human? "It's not going to be good for her," replied Dobrev "She's going to be lost and weak and insecure." And dealing with some particularly green phlegm from a cough, Dries teased.

CROSSING OVER | With Bonnie dead, viewers will get to see her perspective on the other side. She'll also be dealing with the fact that she sacrificed her own life without really realizing it, and the grief that comes with that. At the start, the witch will only be able to communicate with Jeremy – who's rooming with Damon – but "we'll see for how long she can keep her secret – if at all," shared Graham.

BACK FROM THE DEAD | Jeremy's reappearance will be explained during a funny scene in which Elena rehearses him through his cover story: He faked his own death, burned his house down and ran away from home.

Source: http://tvline.com/2013/07/20/the-vampire-diaries-comic-con-2013-season-5-spoilers/

xDoppelgangerx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUbGP_VC49M[/YOUTUBE]Edited by radev101 - 10 years ago
xDoppelgangerx thumbnail

Vampire Diaries Season 5, Episode 2: Stefan's Behind-the-Scenes Photo

Vampire Diaries Season 5, Episode 2 Behind-the-Scenes Stefan Photo

Well, this will give us nightmares for a while! As if the thought of Stefan (Paul Wesley) continuously drowning over and over in The Vampire Diaries Season 5 (he's currently locked in a safe at the bottom of the quarry) wasn't disturbing enough, now we have photographic evidence!

Last night, director Joshua Butler tweeted a pic of Paul — who turned 31 yesterday — in Stefan's watery grave. "Happy Birthday to the awesome @PaulWesley on the 1st shooting day of #TVD5x02. Amazing actor and a real trooper," he wrote.

Yeah, he is! And meanwhile, everyone else is having a grand old time. Executive producer Caroline Dries tells TV Guide, ""We realize that poor Stefan has been drowning, dying and coming back to life. But everyone else has been having a totally fun time."

They certainly do a lot of underwater acting on this show! We wonder if Paul's scuba skills from Season 3.

Article:http://www.wetpaint.com/vampire-diaries/articles/2013-07-24-season-5-episode-2-stefan

xDoppelgangerx thumbnail

Vampire Diaries Season 5, Episode 1: "I Know What You Did Last Summer"

Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
TVD season premiere on OCT 3rd😃
itsD.E.L.E.N.A thumbnail

'Vampire Diaries' season 5 scoop: Showrunner teases sexy Damon and Elena scenes

The Vampire Diaries may have wrapped up season 4 with some major cliffhangers, but you won't see the immediate aftermath in the fall premiere.

"It's a time jump," exec producer Julie Plec tells EW. "Summer has passed in which poor Stefan has been suffering at the bottom of the quarry and Damon and Elena have been having hot lovin' sex."

Though the premiere will pick up with move-in day at college (yes, they're actually enrolling!), Plec promises fans will get to see some of the steamy action that went down over break.

"We found a stylized way to show the audience how things went over the summer, what everybody was up to," says Plec, who reveals that the title of the episode is "I Know What You Did Last Summer."

Damon and Elena

So, what's ahead for these two besides all that hot lovin'? Plec, who recently said the duo will be happy this year, explains that Damon and Elena will face real-life relationship conflicts "in which one is keeping a secret from another trying not to hurt their feelings, trying to make them happy, little things that any normal couple would fight about and then hopefully make up over." Adds Plec: "The biggest hurdles in their relationship come from external sources, people, ideas, notions that are trying to say they're not supposed to be together. It's really going to be more about them fighting to prove that they should be together and it's okay."

Human Katherine
After a summer of trying to take care of herself, Plec says that Katherine will turn up in Mystic Falls looking to a Salvatore for some assistance. "Certainly her determined presence in Mystic Falls and in the Salvatore house itself will definitely be a little bit of a sore spot," says the showrunner, who teases that Katherine will become very attached to said Salvatore.

Stefan
Don't expect Stefan to come out of the quarry unscathed. Plec hints that when he finally emerges from confinement, he'll be both the same and drastically different. "There's a little bit of a riddle attached to that which I can't really expand on, but it's going to be a fun ride for Paul Wesley to play as an actor," teases Plec.

Klaus and Caroline
Klaus may be in New Orleans, but that doesn't mean it's over for him and Caroline. Plec says that there is a chance Caroline will turn up in the Big Easy. "I think that there are a lot of complicated elements that go into trying to make this happen, but I've talked about it with Candice and I've talked about it with Joseph. There's a million logistics to work out and you never know, but it's something we'd like to do and hope to do."

College
Mystic Falls' finest will be attending Whitmore College this fall — the same school where Jenna pursued her graduate degree and Grams and Shane were professors. "We definitely did not want to have it be the college down the block that all of a sudden out of nowhere there's a Mystic Falls University, but we knew we had to keep them close enough to home so that they could come and go as they pleased with a little bit of a road trip," explains Plec. Though the group will be separated, Plec promises that the core will stay intact. "It's so fun because you have this whole fresh new story at college, in the midst of which Damon has to show up there to solve a problem or Elena has to rush home to solve a problem or Caroline comes home for a holiday, so I think that we will have conquered the college curse pretty well."

Deaths
No season is complete without the demise of a major character, and this year is no exception. Says Plec: "I think we've got some juicy villains that need some vanquishing and there's always a possibility that one of our beloved heroes will kick the bucket. When, who, or how, I'll never tell, but it's definitely in the
cards."

Source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/30/vampire-diaries-season-5-spoilers-damon-elena/

-MissBoiiVamp- thumbnail

Credit- Instagram, Tumblr.. :)
xDoppelgangerx thumbnail
Silas: "This summer, I have consumed an immeasurable amount of blood and I found myself stronger and stronger everyday and I started to wonder what are the limits to my powers. How many people can I influence? Two? Ten? An entire town square?"
theloupgaroux thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
What does Plec mean by it's not over for Klaus- Caroline? 🤔 It's most definitely over since they've moved to different places.