TVD - Spoilers & Promos #3 - Page 5

Posted: 10 years ago
Any scoop on The Vampire Diaries?
  • NATALIE:Two of these things are true and one is a lie. In the next batch of episodes... 1) There will be a major breakup; 2) A fan-favorite character will say goodbye for good and 3) Someone will pull a body switcheroo. Hit the comments with which number you think is the lie!
5X10 has already been telecasted
SPOILER!

The Vampire Diaries Spoilers: Most New Characters Are "Created to Die"

Remind Me To Watch Reward Me

The Vampire Diaries and its spinoffThe Originals have a unique relationship to death " mainly, that it doesn't always stick. Except if you're a new character, of course! Then, you should probably assume that you're going to die.

This past weekend, the casts and creatives teams behind TVD and its spinoff took the stage for back-to-back PaleyFest panels, during which executive producer Julie Plec admitted: "Most new characters are created to die." Ouch! But, necessary, we suppose. Otherwise, Mystic Falls and the French Quarter would be way over-populated.

One needs look no further than these shows' recent respective kill counts. In a recent episode, TVDnot only killed main character Katherine, but also Nadia and Dr. Wes " both recurring characters we were introduced to early in the season. Again, this was all in one episode. Go back a few more episodes, and you can add recurring character Aaron Whitmore to the list.

As for The Originals, it definitely takes after its source material when it comes to killing off characters. It's still in its first season, but has killed off: main character Sophie, Celeste, Bastiana, Papa Tunde, and whole host of other less-prominent characters. And that's not even taking into account the characters who have died and since come back to life.

Given this formula, who can we expect to soon bite it on The Vampire Diaries? Sorry, new characters, but this includes: Sloan, Enzo (no!), Stefan's upcoming doppelganger, Liv, and Luke. As for The Originals, Genevieve, Monique, Father Kieran, Jackson, and Oliver all seem like good bets. Though, it's harder to tell on a show that is still in its first season when almost all of its characters are new. You may have a fighting shot, hot werewolves. (But probably not.)

Who do you think is going to die on TVD and The Originals? Sound off in the comments below!

The Vampire Diaries airs Thursday nights at 8 p.m. ET on The CW. The Originals airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

Source: Variety

Kayti Burt is a c
SPOILER!

The Vampire Diaries Spoilers: Things Get "Worse" For Stefan

Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) has totally been The Vampire Diaries'punching bag in Season 5, and it sounds like it's only going to get worse for our favorite Hero Haired vampire. What did executive producer Caroline Dries spill at theTVD PaleyFest panel about Stefan's Season 5 troubles?

According to Entertainment Weekly, Caroline said that Stefan will soon be having a "hard time," with things about to "get even worse for Stefan toward the end." Yikes! We thought he might be able to enjoy some relative peace and quiet after having his girlfriend dump him for his brother, getting continuously drowned all summer, then returning only to get amnesia. Who are we kidding? TVD wouldn't be TVD if it wasn't torturing Stefan in some way.

Caroline didn't given many more details about Stefan's troubles, aside from the affirmation that Stefan takes "a turn for the worse" toward the end of season 5. We're not the only ones who think it might have something to do with those pesky Travelers and their penchant for doppelganger blood. Recently, Sloan has been using Stefan's brain to hunt down and try to psychic-kill Stefan's Atlanta-based doppelganger. Caroline (Candice Accola) made a deal with the Traveler to bring the doppelganger back in exchange for Stefan, but from the looks of this Season 5 promo, everything doesn't go as planned. When does it ever?

What do you think Stefan's troubles will be about? Share your theories in the comments below!

The Vampire Diaries airs Thursday nights at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

Nina Dobrev Reveals the Cold, Hard Truth About That Rainy Delena Scene

Elena and Damon in the Rain on The Vampire Diaries

Credit: The CW

For those hoping for a rain-kissed Delena scene, you should probably find another dream. The Vampire Diaries crew took to the PaleyFest stage this past weekend and, amongst many topics, discussed the possibility of a scene featuringDamon (Ian Somerhalder) andElena (Nina Dobrev) in the rain. Spoiler: it's not very likely.

Apparently, Delena fans have launched an online campaign for a Delena kissing-in-the-rain scene, but Ian and Nina are none too pleased with the idea. When they filmed this Season 1 rainy scenetogether (sans kissing), it was so cold that Ian's face muscles kept freezing up and Nina got sick afterwards.

"The last time we were in the rain together, it was below 30 degrees," Ian explained. "When the rain frames would come down, the water would hit us and we had to cut because my facial muscles would freeze and I literally could not speak. It was as if I had Bell's palsy."

Nina felt so strongly about never filming a rainy scene again, that she actually sent Julie an email after the fact, requesting that if they were to film a similar scene again, her boss would be there as well, and in the same type of costume. Now, when we watch the Season 1 scene, we know that Nina and Ian didn't have to fake Elena and Damon's agony over failing to rescue a kidnapped Stefan " their suffering was real.

Are you sad to hear there won't be a scene involved Delena kissing in the rain? Could you have ever guessed filming that Season 1 scene was so terrible? Sound off in the comments below!

The Vampire Diaries airs Thursday nights at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

Julie Plec's Rule For Killing Off Characters: You Have to Tell Them First

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals kills so many characters off that we're not surprised that executive producer Julie Plec and her teams of writers have rules about how to go about doing it. Rule #1: You have to tell the actors first...

The casts and creatives teams behind TVD and its spinoff took the stage for back-to-back PaleyFest panels this past weekend. Amongst the topics of discussion: character deaths. According to Variety, Julie said: "We have a rule that if you're killing off a series regular, you have to tell them first. If you're killing off a person temporarily, you have to warn them before the script comes out."

Apparently, guest stars don't get the same treatment, but that might be because they already assume that they will be killed off. Julie also admitted that new characters to TVD and The Originals don't usually last very long. Then again, the Mikaelsons were once new characters, and now they have their own spin-off!

We think these are good policies for the supernatural dramas that flirts with death so often it has come to mean something completely different from what it does on other shows -- i.e. just because a character dies in one episode, doesn't mean they won't be back in the next. We can see how it might get confusing for actors reading their scripts from week-to-week. Now, if only we as fans had the same courtesy: A "Don't worry! Jeremy will only be dead for a few episodes, even if Elena has burned his body to a crisp along with all of his video games" disclaimer. Perhaps, that would ruin it a bit?

The Vampire Diaries airs Thursday nights at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.