No one from A.P, Mumbai & Punjab

kameshreddy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Big States but No one from A.P, Mumbai & Punjab

So do u think VOTES will be less this time?

But I m sure Kolkata and Assam will get more 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rahilsfan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
come on ppl vote for the one who they feel is deserving  and not for their region or religion..
sanjana_D3 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I think they will vote based on their singing , not the state which they are from.
moonkmh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
assam n kolkata got 2 each but it doesnt matter really
ahaanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It doesn't really matter if the kid is from north or south.They should be judged on their singing talent and not on the fact that they are from which state. ðŸ˜ƒ

I hope the results does not depend on this.It would be unfair.😭

Edited by ahaanfan - 10 years ago
obelix1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This thread just saddened me. I know the OP was just being realistic because in the past most of these reality shows have clearly shown that the audience voting is based on regionalism :( Contestants openly appeal to people of their states to vote for them. The shows promote/encourage this behavior too. In most cases, the deserving candidates don't win but whoever can garner the most 'region' based votes wins. At least this has been the story on many of this singing reality shows of the past.

In one of the recent episodes of Indian Idol junior, they had a whole conversation going on between one contestant and Govinda in Marathi. It may have been an innocent one, but the hosts also calling her a 'Marathi girl' etc made the cynic in me wonder if this is to appeal to that particular voter base.  I don't think this Indian mindset of going by caste , region, language will change in another 100 years. You would think the youngsters are immune to it, but seems like everyone wants to cash on it if it works for them, even the contestants of reality shows.

This being a kids show, I really really hope they leave all regionalism out of this and go purely by merit. I would have preferred if they don't even publicize where the particular contestant comes from. But the organizers themselves do it on purpose so as to get more region based audience voting, I guess.
Edited by obelix1 - 10 years ago
luvdesitelly thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: obelix1

This thread just saddened me. I know the OP was just being realistic because in the past most of these reality shows have clearly shown that the audience voting is based on regionalism :( Contestants openly appeal to people of their states to vote for them. The shows promote/encourage this behavior too. In most cases, the deserving candidates don't win but whoever can garner the most 'region' based votes wins. At least this has been the story on many of this singing reality shows of the past.

In one of the recent episodes of Indian Idol junior, they had a whole conversation going on between one contestant and Govinda in Marathi. It may have been an innocent one, but the hosts also calling her a 'Marathi girl' etc made the cynic in me wonder if this is to appeal to that particular voter base.  I don't think this Indian mindset of going by caste , region, language will change in another 100 years. You would think the youngsters are immune to it, but seems like everyone wants to cash on it if it works for them, even the contestants of reality shows.

This being a kids show, I really really hope they leave all regionalism out of this and go purely by merit. I would have preferred if they don't even publicize where the particular contestant comes from. But the organizers themselves do it on purpose so as to get more region based audience voting, I guess.

Well said! It's hard to change their mindset.  All reality shows face this issue.  Voting should be based on pure talent not based on region, caste or language.  Sometimes I feel diversity is india's own enemy.  Too much conflict of interest.