Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eclat thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
No, RP, sadly we never learn.  We mourn for the loss and maybe remember it around the tourist season next year.  Man has become so involved with I, Me and Myself that everything else takes a backseat, sometimes not even visible in the rear view mirror.  Pathetic but hurtingly true!

srima thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

True eclat we will never learn the lesson. Excessive abuse of Nature & the Nature hits back with vengeance.No afforestation programme in place , encroachment in to animal domain [ recently read news item that 15 wild elephants entered  Bangalore city]]  Chardham Yatra may be banned for some years . But  election round the corner it may become a political issue.

Tragedy apart , the commendable work by Indian army in rescue operation  deserves a special mention
srima thumbnail
Hurray Murray . A Brit kissing the Wimbledon cup after 77 years.
Edited by srima - 10 years ago
kalki2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Really sad part is  missing partner and waiting that he or she going to turn up safely but sadly not everyone gets happy ending - they wanted to have quite time but it turned into opposite

i don't think there is lot of warning or didn't realise the impact of the flooding

i am glad the reporter got fired - who was reporting the flood - little boy carryiing him

recently i visited Chennai - the way people drive they don't need natural disaster to kill them the way they drive - no signal or wait for other person to go or people cross in the middle so many times i had heard attack watching this (sorry off the topic )

rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
That is another moot point Kalki - would you believe that I used to wear blinds whenever I had to go in the car - immediately after we moved back to India ? The first six months  was a  nightmare - the way my driver inches in a crowd, the way the autoguy bothers only about his front wheels uh huh - I used to worry more about his back wheels than him !!!

And Srima awww , my son lost !! Novak played such a lousy game - fixed??
srima thumbnail

@ Roja - And Srima awww , my son lost !! Novak played such a lousy game - fixed?? Quite possible ðŸ˜ƒ
eclat thumbnail
reNdu pErum IPL cricket neraya paarththu kettuppOittEL, RP & Srima - LOL!

kalki2007 thumbnail
[QUOTE=rojapooo]That is another moot point Kalki - would you believe that I used to wear blinds whenever I had to go in the car - immediately after we moved back to India ? The first six months  was a  nightmare - the way my driver inches in a crowd, the way the autoguy bothers only about his front wheels uh huh - I used to worry more about his back wheels than him !!!

you are right - i felt exactly like that - tried to walk but no pavement to walk - i used to live there 1990s but it wasnt like this - now totally crazy - my dream to see one more time the same streets - can't find the old ones - felt different place - time changes things but like this didn't expect
kalki2007 thumbnail

heard people are showing dead bodies their relations in order to get money - one people lost loved ones - some people tried to make money from it - no humanity there - when they started their journey they would have had so many dreams in the end pulled away in the flood really sad - all these scientific testing most of the countries doing it middle of the ocean and distrupt the foundation - then the same countries say we are facing global changing - all the countries facing natural disaster

Two days ago in Toronto we had streets flooded all the subways cancelled - one of the train stranded  it took more than 7 hours to bring all the passengers to safty - we never had flood before that means subways didn't have back up plan - few high ways closed due to flood - not a good draining system - we usually have rain 10 min or 15 min then stop never heavy rain - now government talking about back up plans

hope India do the the same thing - build a safe path so next time at least more people could be saved

God got angry at us ruining the nature and wanted to teach a lesson
Pallanguzhi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

The Earth is teaching us the principle of Karma - what goes around will come around.

All these warning signals are shown through the currently occurring natural disasters - yet there are many who still don't care and continue destroying nature. 😕

Goes to show how true the old Tamil saying is "pattaal thaan puriyum"...

Nature gives us life yet we take its own life away - Indeed that many say life is full of ironies that we don't even realise when they are right in front of us.