Users

Frequent Posters

payal_4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Karan Kundra helps cops nab a criminal

Saturday, Aug 3, 2013, 13:09 IST | Agency: DNA
Karan Kundra

He is popular for hosting the teen crime show Gumrah but recently Karan Kundra  himself got into real action. Last week he was shooting at the skywalk adjacent to Ghatkopar railway station late in the night. It was raining heavily and there was nobody around except Karan, the director, cameraman and an attendant. Just when they started rolling the camera, Karan saw a man running from the opposite side towards him. 

At first he ignored him but when he saw some men chasing him and yelling at him to stop, he got distracted. Says Karan, "We got a call from the production team that a lot of top cops were in the vicinity. I realised something was wrong. My cameraman then tried to stop the guy but he was pushed. When the guy was crossing me, I reacted instinctively. 

Though he was threatening to kill me if I try to stop him I kicked him and he fell. Within minutes the cops came, picked him up and vanished!" Till date Karan is wondering who was the culprit. Who knows, Karan may have ended helping the cops catch a dreaded criminal!

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/1869384/report-karan-kundra-helps-cops-nab-a-criminal

payal_4 thumbnail
Vikram Bhatt's 'Horror Story' to release in September

Vikram Bhatt is back with his next titled 'Horror Story'. The film is directed by Ayush Raina, who has previously directed 'Bombay High' (one of the short films in Mumbai Cutting) will be releasing on September 13. Apart from television actor Karan Kundra, who is making his Bollywood debut, the film stars fresh faces likeRavish Desai, Hasan Zaidi, Nishant Malkani,Sheetal Singh, Aparna Bajpai, Radhika Menonand Nandini Vaid.

The Story revolves around seven youngsters who challenge each other to spend a night at the infamous hotel in the heart of the city. Little did they know that this will turn out to be the most horrendous night of their life, rather, the last night of their life.

Vikram Bhatt says, "This is a scare-a-minute film in the truest sense. It's horror from the first scene to the last and has been shot in an international format." Anju Bishnoi from ASA Productions adds, "We have a huge influx of new talent and have complete faith in Ayush, who has done a commendable job. Also, this film has a versatile cast, who make every scene believable. They are a young lot to watch out for."

payal_4 thumbnail
Karan Kundra helps fight crime

Karan Kundra the popular host of 'Gumrah', the TV show which brings to light some real life teen crime cases, recently had a close encounter of the 'criminal' kind. 

Recently, he was shooting adjacent to the Ghatkopar Railway Station in Mumbai, on the skywalk.

The only people accompanying him on that rainy night were the director, cameraman and the attendant. Just as the Director yelled 'Action', Karan saw a man running towards him, with cops chasing him. 

When he heard them yelling at the man, he knew that this was a police chase in progress. Karan said, "We got a call from the production team that a lot of top cops were in the vicinity. I realized something was wrong. My cameraman then tried to stop the guy but he was pushed. When the guy was crossing me, I reacted instinctively. Though he threatened to kill me if I tried to stop him, I kicked him and he fell. Within minutes, the cops came, picked him up and took him away." 

Karan didn't know who the culprit was, but what matters is that our streets are a lot safer now, with one goon off it.

payal_4 thumbnail

Five star hotel turns spooky for Vikram Bhatt's next

A well known five-star hotel in Juhu, Mumbai, which was once a venue for high-end Bollywood parties and is now an abandoned property, has been used by Vikram Bhatt for his next, Horror Story. After scaring audiences by showcasing spooky apartments, his next horror venture will be set inside a hotel.

Reveals actress Nandini Vaid, who plays a prominent role in the movie, "It's a story about seven friends - four boys and three girls, who after partying decide to explore a haunted place. They choose a spooky looking hotel based in a metro to check if the haunted stories revolving around it are true. The hotel was selected by Bhatt, and has been renamed Hotel Grandiose where most of the film has been shot."

The main characters have been played by seven young actors. Apart from Vaid, who makes her Bollywood debut with this film, the movie also stars TV actor Karan Kundra and other newbies.

As a contrast to Bhatt's previous film, this movie will stay away from romance and songs and promises to give viewers a spine-chilling experience.

The shooting for the film is complete and currently, the unit is busy with the post-production work. Horror Story is slated to release by August-September.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/five-star-hotel-turns-spooky-for-vikram-bhatt-s-next/1137640/

Minionite thumbnail

Karan Kundra's daring act helps cops nab a goon

Summary: Karan Kundra, the popular host of Channel [V]'s Gumrah, the TV show which brings to light some real life teen crime cases, recently had a close encounter of the 'criminal' kind. He was shooting adjacent to the Ghatkopar Railway Station in Mumbai on the skywalk. The only people with him that rainy night were the director, cameraman and the attendant. Just as the director wanting to take a shot yelled 'Action', the versatile actor saw a man running towards him with cops running behind him. When he heard them yelling at the man, he knew that this was a police chase in progress. Karan didn't know who the culprit was, but what matters is that our streets are a lot safer now, with one goon off it.
payal_4 thumbnail

I use Youtube a lot – Karan Kundra

He's one of the most popular anchors on Indian Television with fans from all age groups who is soon going to make his Bollywood debut with Horror Story. Currently hosting Channel V's very famous show Gumrah, the very tech savvy KARAN KUNDRA shares his love for gadgets with us.

Which smartphone are you currently using?

Obviously, the iPhone 5.

Which operating system do you prefer?

iOS.

Which is your favourite smartphone application?

The social networking apps like Twitter and Facebook. I'd say Twitter.

Name some applications that you frequently use on your smartphone.

Youtube, i use it a lot because i watch a lot of documentaries and trailors that i have missed out on while i'm traveling or in between my shots. So Youtube is my saviour.

Is there any application that you would like to recommend all your fans who use smartphones too?

The VithU appication. It's a safety app on Android right now and will be on iOS soon. It's mostly for women and children. When you press the power button twice, it sends four text messages to the numbers you chose to store on that app. For instance, if a girl is in trouble somewhere, she just has to press the power button twice and the app will inform all the contacts in this app immediately about her whereabouts. Also, without displaying on the phone, the app will keep sending the location through GPS to all those contacts including the police station. So whenever you're in trouble or distress, just hit the power button twice and all your loved one's can come to your rescue. It's a very important app and i really believe that every girl must use this app.

Which other gadgets do you use apart from your smartphone?

Mostly i use Blackberry Q5, iPhone 5, iPad which is very important. I keeping running around so i don't use laptops. I own a Sony Vaio but i don't use it much.

What is the first thing u look in a gadget before purchasing it?

The brand. It's very important.

One gadget that you're looking forward to buy?

There is one which works with your iPad. You can place it at your house and have to put it in your main frame. It's connected to your iPad and iPhone. You can control all your electronic systems like the fridge and the doorbell  too with it.

http://www.urlremoved/i-use-youtube-a-lot-karan-kundra/

payal_4 thumbnail
Karan Arora in Gumrah's Raksha Bandhan special

Gumrah-The end of Innocence has always managed to grab larger eye balls with captivating real life  juvenile crime stories and one should not forget to mention the handsome host of the show, Karan Kundra. 

Soon on the account of Raksha Bandhan, the makers (The Lost Boy Productions with Balaji Telefilms) have churned out a spine chilling juvenile story. Accordingly, the actor Karan Arora, who was last seen in Channel V's The Serial and had earlier acted in shows like Kitani Mohabbat Hai and Humse hai life has been roped in to play a pivotal role.

A source revealing on the storyline said, "The story plot revolves around a boy who falls for a girl, who has actually tied him a Rakhi on Raksha Bandhan. The matter becomes worse when the boy ends up doing suicide."

Karan arora before entering to TV industry had debut with a Bollywood movie titled Nanhe Jaisalmer as a kid.

When contacted, Karan said, "Yes, I am extremely privileged that I am going to be a part of Gumrah- the show which spreads awareness in its own way."

This particular episode will probably go on air on Raksha Bandhan

Minionite thumbnail

Hasan Zaidi shares his experience on shooting for Channel [V]'s Gumrah Season 3

The talented Hasan Zaidi, who is making his big screen debut with Vikram Bhatt's Horror Story, will be seen in tomorrow's (11 August 2013) episode of Channel [V]'s Gumrah Season 3 (A Lost Boy Productions and Balaji Telefilms).

A source informs us, "The episode will revolve around a Kolkata-based married teacher Moloy Dasgupta (played by Hasan) who will get into a relationship with one of his students. The illicit relationship will further lead to a MMS scandal and this will lead to turmoil in the lives of everyone involved."

The source further adds that after the media gets involved, the case would get really dirty as a result of which both parties (teacher and student) will suffer considerably.

When we contacted Hasan, he said, "Shooting for Gumrah was an awesome experience. The episode will make kids understand how important it is for them to talk to their parents openly about any crisis they are going through. A romantic relationship of a teacher-student is always looked down upon, but it will be for the people to perceive the characters and situations according to their thoughts."

"We all know that Gumrah is shot in an unconventional way and this episode too will definitely impress the viewers. The episode has been shot very beautifully with candid shots and different camera angles. The cast and crew bonded really well. This added a lot to the shooting experience," he further added.

Since the episode will be entirely based in Kolkata, the team of Gumrah recently visited the beautiful city. Hasan, who sounded all excited about his visit to the city, averred, "It was really a fun experience. Since I also have some friends there, I stayed back to enjoy some more time in Kolkata."

The episode deserves a dekho!!!

Minionite thumbnail
TV celebs on what independence means to them

On 67th Independence Day, celebs share how important it is to have the freedom to choose the way they live their dreams. 

Karan Kundra Basically I belong to a doctor's family, yet I got to study business — choose my school and college. As I grew older and had to choose my career, my dad took care of the entire business and I chose to be an actor — I have got an out and out support for being an actor too. I always got to make my own decision. 

Minionite thumbnail
Would never do mythos on TV: Karan Kundra

Would never do mythos on TV: Karan Kundra

One of the small screen handsome hunks Karan Kundra is getting accolade for hosting Channel V's Gumrah-The end of innocence. This Balaji loyalist has tasted fame through a romantic series Kitani Mohabbat Hai and had come a long way in television. 

Not only small screen, the actor has also tried hands on big screen. Moreover, Karan also participated in a dance reality show and now is weighing the hosting responsibility withGumrah. 

However, with small screen appreciating historical and mythological shows, Karan somewhere is still reluctant on taking up mythological shows on small screen. "I don't know but I think mythological shows are not fit for me. The actors become the character and not the 'Hero' of the show." 

On giving an example of Mohit Raina, who despite essaying a mythological character is rulling millions of heart these days, the actor asserted, "Yes, that's a good example that you have given.Mohit is doing great as Shiva. But still I don't feel I will fit in any mythological character." 

The actor further continued states, "If I get a very strong mythological character I would do but that would be definitely not for small screen." 
Way to go Karan!