Gumrah 3 Article Archive - Page 4

Posted: 10 years ago
Horror Story trailer scared the hell out of me: Karan
Karan Kundra, who is basking in the glory of Channel V's Gumrah-The end of innocence is also busy promoting his upcoming debut movieHorror Story produced by Vikram Bhatt.

Actors namely Karan Kundra, Hasan Zaidi, Nishant Malkani are few who would share the screen space in the movie. Interestingly, Horror Story's trailer which got released recently has caught much attention. "I put off the lights and saw the trailer alone at my place and believe it scared the hell out of me," stated Karan.

On being asked why Karan got scared, when he has actually acted in the movie, the actor clarified, "Acting in a horror movie and watching it with the sound effects and packaging is entirely different. So even after knowing the twist and turns, we do get scared.".

Horror Story will hit the theatres on 13 September, 2013.

ever episode teach alot ever parents make there child too watch gumrah

Vikram Bhatt's Horror Story to release on Friday the 13th

Everyone knows about Friday the 13th that is said to be one jinxed day of the year when believers do not launch any new venture or buy anything new.

And with his latest film Horror Story slated to release on 13 September that happens to be also a Friday, Vikram Bhatt promises to cast a spell of scare.

The story of Horror Story revolves around seven youngsters and their one dare that leads them to their most dreadful experience with the supernatural in a haunted hotel, which formerly stood as an asylum.

Unlike other Bollywood films, Bhatt's terror film has no songs, no romance and no fillers, but is only a pure unadulterated story of paranormal horror.

While most newcomers step into Bollywood with a drama or romantic film, Karan Kundra along with Nishant Malkani, Ravish Desai, Hasan Zaidi, Aparna Bajpai, Radhika Menon, Nandini Vaid and Sheetal Singh chose their debut with a twist of terror.

The film, written by Vikram Bhatt and Mohan Azad and produced by ASA Production and Enterprises Pvt. Ltd has been directed by Ayush Raina.

This is the right time to debut in films: Karan Kundra

Television actor Karan Kundra, who is making his Bollywood debut with Vikram Bhatt's "Horror Story", calls it the right time to enter filmdom.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 | 6:48:03 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   0 Comments  |  152 Views

Television actor Karan Kundra, who is making his Bollywood debut with Vikram Bhatt's "Horror Story", calls it the right time to enter film dom.

The actor also says that a certain level of "maturity" and "experience" is required for films.

"For being a film actor, you need to have a certain sense of maturity. You have to have an experience of life to be able to emote. You need to understand the craft. So I feel that the timing (for me to debut now) is right," said Karan.

Releasing Friday, "Horror Story" is directed by Ayush Raina and also features Radhika Menon,Nandini Vaid, Sheetal Singh, Nishant Malkaniamong others.

Karan says that not only is the timing right but also the genre is perfect for a debut.

"I have done a lot of TV shows till now. I have been a romantic hero, angry brooding man and hosted shows. What is better than a horror film to prove myself as an actor. I wanted to prove a point through this," Karan, who has been seen in "Kitani Mohabbat Hai", "Bayttaab Dil Kee Tamanna Hai", said.

The actor also added that generally people like to debut in a film with a romantic genre, but he decided to tread his own path.

"You have to create your own niche and your own path. I am hoping that this path works for me," said Karan, who is currently seen hosting television show, 'Gumrah'.

However, entering films will not stop him from working in TV.

"For me, medium is not important. But quality of work is important. I might be the first TV actor whose film is coming and a TV show is also on air. Most of the people who step into Bollywood announce that they won't do TV anymore," he said.

Talking about his future plans, the actor is busy with psychological thriller, "Ram Pam Posh" and two Punjabi projects.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/16714-this-is-the-right-time-to-debut-in-films-karan-kundra.htm

Karan Kundra is on a high with the response to his debut film!

From Television to Films - Karan Kundra makes a smooth and swift transition with his debut film Horror Story which released today and is on the verge of being a hit!

Friday, September 13, 2013 | 5:07:00 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/tellybuzz  |   1 Comments  |  474 Views

Television actor Karan Kundra who has made his Bollywood debut today with Vikram Bhatt's Horror Story is all smiles as he receives praises and accolades for the film and most importantly for his work. Karan's performance has been appreciated by all and what is more the film is trending on the social networking site Twitter adding to the popularity.

"It feels great! I had not expected such a huge response but it is unbelievable" says a visibly charged Karan excited with the reactions he has been getting for the film. However, for an actor who has made his debut in a scary film, Karan himself admits that he himself is feeling scared, "The reactions are good and positive but I guess the feeling of success still has to sink in... I am scared at the moment! Ek, Do, din jaane do, I will feel better!"

However, none of the scary feeling crossed his mind during the shoot says Karan, "As actors we all know that it is all acting so it didn't feel scary at all. In fact when I saw the film for the first time then too I didn't feel it was scary but I was confused after seeing the end result after all the acting, shooting and editing!"

Karan who gained popularity with Television shows like Kitani Mohabbat Hai, Bayttaab Dil ki Tamanna Hain says, "The industry reviews are good and more so because it was a small budget film which will make good money as compared to all the big budget movies we are clashing with. We even got better reviews than the other biggies released today." He is obviously referring to the big movies like Grand Masti and John Day which released today.

Karan wants to thank his fans for keeping the film trending on Twitter, "It is so sweet of them to keep a track of my film, talking about it and keeping it trending too. The film released today and many of my fans went for the first show in the morning and their response has been phenomenal. I really want to thank them for it."

However, apart from the fans and the industry reaction Karan cannot forget his mother's reaction after she saw the movie for the first time, "My mom is a typical caring mom and totally filmy too. After she saw the film she was holding me and asking me, But, why did you have to go inside that hotel?'" recalls Karan.

Even as he celebrates the success of his debut film, Karan is geared up for his second film, "My second film is a psycho thriller and a totally different genre as compared to Horror Story. It is very stylized with a very unique screenplay and we are shooting for the same. The film will release in February 2014."

Proud of you Karan... Congratulations... way to go!

Seema Khot Mattoo

Movie Review: Horror Story

Cast: Karan KundraNishant MalkaniRavish DesaiHasan ZaidiAparna BajpaiRadhika MenonNandini Vaid, Director: Ayush Raina Rating: *

Saturday, September 14, 2013   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / Bollywood  |   4 Comments  |  865 Views

Horror is one genre that Bollywood is yet to master. No matter how much the makers try to convince us that its something never seen before, we always see wheelchairs moving around, benches flying, doors shutting, random scary noises and one ghost wanting to kill a bunch of people without any particular reason. Yes I just talked about Horror Story.

The movie is about a group of friends, Achint (Nishant Malkani), Maghesh (Ravish Desai), Samrat (Hasan Zaidi), Maggie (Aparna Bajpai), Neena (Radhika Menon), Sonia (Nandini Vaid) celebrating Neil's (Karan Kundra) start to a new career and giving him a farewell over drinks.  They then decide to go to a haunted hotel just to have fun and prove (God only knows to whom) that ghosts don't exist (something never heard before, isn't it?). The story then progresses with strange things that start to happen and soon they realize that the place is haunted indeed. The group gets caught in every clichd and predictable situation possible. Almost 20 minutes into the movie and I knew that the script was written borrowing from all those horror television serials I used to watch as a kid which didn't  scare me even back then.

Be it the ghost that appeared a few times to scare you or the nursery rhymes that were played in husky whispers, nothing seems to strike the correct note. You can just sit without having any anxiety and even predict how a character will react and what will happen next. Even the story behind the place being haunted is plain and the ghost instead of scaring you, makes you want to laugh at many times. 

The performances are plain average and nothing interesting or different for the viewer. As for the title of the film, I am sure is apt as yes, watching it indeed felt like a horror story for a person who watches films for a living. 
All in all Horror Story is just another film on the block which has nothing new to offer to a film buff like me. For people who are looking for a serious spooky time will be left disappointed.  If a person like me who gets scared at the drop of a hat didn't get scared, then what about people who enjoy the genre horror. 
Well, we all know Vikram Bhatt has given us alot of horror films but this one can be missed without feeling bad about it. I hope the director of the film, Ayush Raina makes something else next time and gets all the stars he misses with this one. 

Tapasvi Mehta in Channel [V]'s Gumrah

The popular youth crime based show Gumrah: End of Innocence (Balaji Telefilms and A Lost Boy Productions) on Channel [V] will soon have the talented young actor Tapasvi Mehta in one of its upcoming episodics.

The show that highlights crime committed by young people and their aftermath will have Tapasvi getting into a case of drink and drive. The actor who was last seen on Parvarrish on Sony Entertainment Television will be playing a young boy named Lucky who kill some people on road in an accident when he will ride a vehicle all sloshed.

As Lucky is a juvenile the case gets going, and his crime backfires when his little sister gets to suffer because of his one mistake. With the guilt of killing people, this added guilt will take him up on the wall. The story of his struggles will be the focus of this episodic.

When we buzzed Tapasvi on the news, he confirmed his presence and added, "We shot for around four days and it was a great experience. I am sure viewers are going to really enjoy this heart wrenching story."

This particular episode will go on air next weekend.

'Horror Story' was just the beginning: Karan Kundra
'Horror Story' was just the beginning: Karan Kundra

Karan Kundra who debuted in the recently released 'Horror Story' has said that the movie was just the beginning and his fans will see more of him soon.

The actor who turns 29, exactly one week from now on 11th October has also expressed how he loves his profession which has now become a part of him. "I'm absolutely in love with my profession, which pushes me to better myself at every point, limitlessly. It has now become a part of me, my passion and 'Horror Story' was just the beginning of this".

Debuting in an unconventional way through a horror flick, Karan Kundra seems to have his mind defined with a few more projects lined up. He says, "I'm enjoying what I do, how things are shaping up and wouldn't have it any other way. I have a long way to go and honing my acting skills is of top priority for me right now".

After spooking his fans in 'Horror Story' Karan now plans to tickle them with his upcoming Punjabi comedy film 'Mere Yaar Kaminey', based on life post marriage. The film releases on 6th December 2013.

Amrita Prakash in an episode of Gumrah season 3
Amrita Prakash in an episode of Gumrah season 3

Talented actress Amrita Prakash, who has entertained viewers with some memorable roles in films and TV shows, is all set to be seen in Channel V's Gumrah- The end of innocence season 3. 

Sources inform that Amrita will be seen playing the role of a simple and fun-loving college girl, Aaliya who is stalked by an unknown person but rather than voicing against the problem, Aaliya like any other normal girl gets scared. However, with the help of her two friends Aaliya tries to fight the stalker. Amrita has already started shooting for the episode. 

When contacted, Amrita said, "Yes, I am doing Gumrah season 3 and the best part of the episode is that I will be once again seen as Aaliya. I am really excited as even last time; I played a character called Aaliya. Also, I love the way the episode has been shot. We are shooting the episode in a reverse mode." 

What happens to Aaliya and will she be able to get rid-off the stalker is something to look out for in the next of episode of Gumrah- 3.

Karan Kundra gets a million fans on Facebook
Karan Kundra gets a million fans on Facebook

Karan Kundra who made his debut inBollywood through Vikram Bhatt's 'Horror Story' now has a fan following of one million on Facebook.

The 29 year old model-turned-actor captured hearts when he made his first television debut asArjunPunj in 'KitaniMohobbatHai'. He won the 'TV Icon of the Year Award' for the same TV show in 2009. He then went on to host 'Gumrah- End of innocence', a show based on real life stories on Channel V. Karan Kundra'sFacebook page was the first of any Indian television- turned-Bollywood actor to have hit one million likes. The Actor's Facebook page also has him interacting with his fans often and thanking them for their well wishes and relentless support.

Karan Kundra fans will now see him star in an upcoming Punjabi comedy film titled 'Control Bhaji Control' releasing mid-December, the trailer of which will be out on 15th

will also be seen in another witty Punjabi film 'Mere Yaar Kaminey', based on life post marriage.
The film is slated to release on the 3rd of January, 2014.