Gumrah 3 Article Archive - Page 5

Posted: 10 years ago
I don't have the time for TV: Karan Kundra
I don't have the time for TV: Karan Kundra

Actor Karan Kundra, best known as the host of the teenage crime show, Gumrah, made his transition from TV to films with Vikram Bhatt's Horror Story has a couple of more film projects lined up.

"I'm going to start shooting for my first solo project from January. I can't talk much about it, but I can tell you that it is a sort of a romantic comedy based in Agra. It's almost like a launch pad for me since it's my first solo project. It's not a run-of-the-mill romcom, but something very creative. I also have two Punjabi films lined up for release in January and February. I'm producing one of them too. My second Hindi film, Rum Pum Posshh, is also in the pipeline. The second schedule is still pending since Prateik and I don't have the dates. " he says, adding, "Besides that, I had signed a three film deal with Vikram (Bhatt) sir. The first was Horror Story; we still have to discuss the other two. He's very busy, so once he's free, we'll get talking about it." 
Besides films, Karan is simultaneously shooting for his TV show, Gumrah, which is now in its third season. But once a frequent face on television, Karan is now rarely seen in regular TV shows. "I don't have the time for TV. I'm getting a lot of offers - from Jhalak to Bigg Boss. But how do I take out the time? You know, once you've taken the decision of shifting to films, you have to keep the royalty intact. But I'm still balancing. When Horror Story released on 13th September, my show was on air at the same weekend. I shoot for Gumrah two days in a week and the other five days are reserved for my film commitments. When you're looking for a proper career in Bollywood, this is the amount of time I have to give it," he avers.

Karan faces a lot of competition in Bollywood, especially from his television peers. So how does he plan to carve his niche in the industry? "I think I already have my own niche; I don't have to carve it. My only problem in life is that I don't compete with others, I just compete with myself. Even in television, I've never been compared to anyone because I've worked on a very different level. In Bollywood also, I didn't want a typical launch," he says, adding, "My first film was a horror film. I starred with seven other people, but a lot of big people called me up personally and told me that I stood out. If you're in a big launch, everybody appreciates, but this (Horror Story) was a very different way of coming out. For me, the journey is very important, more than the start or the end of it."

Karan's personal life has always been a talking point, with his on-off affair with co-star, Kritika Kamra, being much in the news. Clearing the air, he says, "I'm in a very complicated situation right now. Till recently, I was pretty much single, but now I don't think I am. I'm not single, but I'm not in a relationship either. The girl is not from the industry. You see, I'm a very difficult guy to deal with. It's too soon to realize or say anything," he smiles.

Two Kya Hua Tera... actors in Gumrah!
Two Kya Hua Tera... actors in Gumrah!

Lost Boy Productions' Gumraah-The end of innocence, produced by Vikas Gupta, is one of the talked about shows amongst the youth. All thanks to its spine chilling stories and engaging narration by Karan Kundra.

One more such story of betrayal is on the verge of hitting the screen this coming week. A source informs, "Gumraah this week will focus on an MMS case story which took place in the city recently. The makers have roped in two actors namely Ibrar Yakub and Neelam Sivia of Kya Hua Teraa Waada fame to play pivotal roles."

Revealing further about the story a source quips, " The story will revolve around an MMS scandal done by a couple in order to hide their own stripped videos and photos."

When contacted Ibrar Yakub confirmed the news, "Yes, I am part of this particular episode where I am playing the main investigator of the crime."

While Neelam Sivia remained unavailable for the comments.

2013 - Top Youth Shows

Gumrah- End of Innocence (Channel V)- The show changed the scene of youth related crimes in India. Coming as a messiah and warning the youth how a moment of non-judgment could spoil your life. Karan Kundra acted as the perfect host. Helmed by creative honcho Vikas Gupta and Ekta Kapoor the show today is running its third season successfully. Gumrah has managed to do really well with its spine chilling real life incident based episodics that somewhere or the other has managed to aware the young audience. Vote for it if you agree!!!

2013 - Top Anchors of the Year

Karan Kundra (Gumrah) - The guy may seem like a rich spoilt brat that is because of his overly good looks. But he has been a great find as a host who connects with the youth in a very personal level. With fans looking up to him, he has made the motive of a show like Gumrah work so well. Warning youngsters about how one moment of wrong judgment can spoil their life, Kundra is today touted as a youth icon with this show. Not someone embarrassed to share his past incidents as reference, the show and Karan get full points from us.
Abigail Jain & Rohan Shah in Gumrah finale episode
Abigail Jain & Rohan Shah in Gumrah finale episode

Channel V's Gumrah- The end of innocence season 3 is nearing its end soon and we hear that TV actors Abigail Jain and Rohan Shah have been roped in to be a part of the finale episode.

Sources inform that the episode will revolve around a college love story gone wrong andAbigail will be seen playing the role of a simple girl Shweta, who belongs to a very conservative family. Rohan Shah, last seen in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain, will also play a pivotal role on the show. The shooting for the episode has already begun and it will be aired soon.

When contacted, Abigail confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I am doing the show and it's always a pleasure working with Vikas Gupta (of Lost Boy Production). He is one of the first friends that I made when I entered the TV industry some seven years ago. I have worked with some of the team members on 'The Serial' so it's like coming back to my home."