Diya Aur Baati Hum

This show is so complicated!

..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Episode begins with the two quiz contestants Sandy and Emily holding books,standing on opposite balconies overlooking the aangan, looking down on a mother washing her son's face. Sandy looks so aloof it could have been a stranger off the street having his face washed by her dear Bhabo. Better not interrupt that scene. But wait, much more catastrophic interruption! Power cut! Suraj freezes in panic, Emily too. These two are so obsessed with this quiz that they getting on my nerves. Sandy however looks unconcerned and actually looks really cute and relaxed. Just another day in RM, so might as well not take all this too seriously.

Suraj calls the electrician who gives Suraj more devastating news that there's nothing he can do since it's a fault with the main line and may take 3 hours. Emily also emotes like she's only got another 3 hours to live. Sandy very sensibly says it's no big deal and anyway, what difference can watching one tv programme really make. Bhabo has had enough of this TV-panic and drags Suraj out of the house to his shop. Sandy disappears...probably to hang some clothes to dry. 

Bhabasa and Bhabo go shopping in the bazaar. Fruits and vegetables. The fruit seller quotes a price, Bhabo pays what she wants. This is life in Hanuman Gali. In another corner of HG, Meena and her sister Sudha are discussing another competition. (This show should be called Pratiyogita Central). Meena's real baby daughter Mishri and Meena are bonding. Kanha being carried by Sudha. From what I gathered, Meena is now going to kidnap her own daughter from Daisa and enter a competition to win at any cost. Typically, poor Mishri is in a dress with tags still on, coz Meena is going to return the dress. Daisa interrupts, takes Mishri, tears off the tags and Meena is not getting her money back. 

Emily meanwhile uses the spare keys to Daisa's place to let herself in and watch this all important, life and death show Topic: Shale and Sandstone. Did the Pushkar Police DSP tell Suraj last episode that this particular programme was very important to watch???  How does the DSP know that this is important?  Does the DSP have inside information? I'm totally confused by this whole thing. Never used my brain this much for a daily soap, and still no answers. Why don't they also mention Pratiyogita Darpan, which is a magazine that deals with a wide range of current affairs and helps in preparing for civil service exams? Why this obsession with TVs and power cuts? Just so that Emily can finally become the Star Plus Bahu who uses a truck load of glycerine?  DABH was one show that didn't have a lot of tears. But now, I have to buy a life boat. 

Oh and why did Mishri's clothes change colour from blue pants to white, from outside Daisa's door to iinside Daisa's door.   

Edited by PadBear - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

romantisch thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Good review pad saved me from watching it :)
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i too didnt watch
busy with countdown thread making
jhema thumbnail
No need to watch ramaji.
Nothing interesting in yesterday's episode.

HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
agreed not worth watching...regret watching it ðŸĪŠ
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Now that trps have been halted for at least a month, things will get even worse. I'm disappointed that this had to happen to DABH at a point when the story was going so well. No hope now. None. I wish the cast and crew well and thank you for being as entertaining as you have been. 
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yaa it was not worth watching. I reached the conclusion Sandhya has to run away from RP even leaving Sooraj 😃😃😃😃😃😃.
I also dont understand their obsession with " Meteriotes" " Shale and Sandstone" for a quiz competition.
These are generally one word answers which you can study from any GK books. Newspapers and Magazines I could understand. But have no clue on the need of TV.

Archana_dabh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice review...yesterdays episode was filler one...
bhabo,emily...
HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I think the trps for this week and the coming weeks will be revealed after a month, so they cant be careless anymore (hopefully)...I only have one question...how come the leads get less screen space than the side characters ðŸ˜Ą Eket is showing the SV2 track, fully dominated by Surya only, no wonder the trps were stable despite IPL...now all we get is Emily BhaLy MomLy...ðŸ˜ĄðŸ˜Ą

Mrs_Ojha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Agree, the show has become boring. Not sure what else they can show to boost my interest. We have seen everything and the same things happen all the time.