TOI: No sane girl will want me b/c of my busy life

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
No sane girl will want me because of my busy life: Karan Kundra

No sane girl will want me because of my busy life: Karan Kundra

Telly hottie Karan Kundra on why he can't date someone, his new role as a movie producer and his Bolly debut:

What's keeping you busy these days?
I am hosting the third season of the reality showGumrah. The changes it's made to the earlier format's been pretty cool so far. I am doing a Vikram Bhatt film, Horror Story — it's on a different concept and I have a new look for the role. I am also doing two Punjabi films —Control Paaji Control and Mere Yaar Kamineywhich I have co-produced. I have been missingall these things in life and I am glad I am so busy with work.

You are considered as one of the best hosts on small screen.
(Laughs) Hosting happened by chance. I never thought about hosting a show. I don't think I am a typical host, I don't preach, I just talk. After my last daily soap, I didn't want to do another soap, and that is when I was offered Gumrah — the entire concept was so interesting and worthwhile that I went ahead and did it. I didn't know I will become so big.

How has it been working with the teenagers in your show?
The current generation is good — they are more aware and matured. With internet on their side, they have immense exposure. When we had problems we would speak to cousins or uncles, but now teenagers turn to internet for all the answers. Today's teenagers are young adults in every which way.

How was it working with Bollywood's hottest property, Chitrangada Singh?Chitrangada was a part of the first episode. It has been fun working with her — she is down-to-earth and sensible. Today Bollywood actors can pick up any reality show on television, but she chose Gumrah and this proves how responsible she is towards the society and youngsters.

Do you feel seasonal returns of TV shows work?
Kitani Mohabbat Hai was the first daily soap to have a second season, but that was because of public demand. It's important for reality shows to have seasons, because you need to take a break — revamp, upgrade the quality of the show and content and return. A lot of creativity goes into making a good reality show.

Like most of your counterparts are you also donning the cap of a producer?
I am the first actor from Hindi GECs who's produced a Punjabi film. As a solo producer, I am going to start working on a modern romantic film in December. Comedy as a genre is a hit in Punjabi film industry at the moment. I'm planning to do a romantic one.

With so much happening in your life, do you have time for romance?
I don't even get to spend quality time with my close friends. I don't think I can be in a relationship at this stage of my career. I am living out of my suitcases — and am forever travelling because of work so why would some sane girl want me?

Like most couples who remain friends with their ex-partner, are you also friends with Kritika Kamra?
Yes, very much. Kritika and I still talk. We are friends.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kavyasam thumbnail
Nice interview. 

TFS :)
moonkmh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
m insane.. lol. love the iv...though i miss vehlla karan's masti..
Arjuhi_kk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
t4s!😊

nice iv😃