~ Debator of the week ~ *MNMS*

Posted: 17 years ago
Hello Debators , we have one helluva special debator as the DOTW this week. She's the runner up for the DC-III we just had. She's this sweet, friendly girl who wants to make every one her Uncle or Aunty or didi/ Bhaiya at the least.๐Ÿ˜‰ She's wiser and more well read than her years.๐Ÿ˜› We see her giving her intelligent views or hanging out on DM very often.  Lets all Welcome the Debating Champion this week -

MNMS๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Her real name is Maryam. She's a student , 18 year old and lives in Saudi Arabia.

So let me be the first to put forward questions to you :

The sections you visit on I-F:
Your favourite section on I-F
What brought you to I-F:
Your favourite artist(music):
Your favourite debator on I-F:
Your experience at the DC-III
Your Hobbies:
What are you currently reading:
Your ambition:
If there was one thing you could do which would be certain that you will succeed in it, what would that be:

So , every one plz put forward your questions to Maryam and welcome her on the hot seat this week !๐Ÿ˜›

Maryam pleasure to have you !!๐Ÿค—
yay! mnm ๐Ÿค—

will come back to grill you properly when i have time! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

๐Ÿ˜ฒ Me the "Bali ka Bakra" this time๐Ÿ˜†

Let me take a Buddha pose... Take it easy... Just chill.. calm down.. take a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath... haaaaaaaahhhh!!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

Ok... Ready!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

First of all... Thanks Aparna di for making me one year younger๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†... Wow.. im currently feeling like my guru - Peter Pan๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

So let me be the first to put forward questions to you :

The sections you visit on I-F: DM..where I participate the most.. and when i get tired of the hot heated debates๐Ÿ˜ณ.. for relaxation it is ML and Bollywood section.๐Ÿ˜Š
Your favourite section on I-F: East or West..DM is the best!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

What brought you to I-F: I asked Google Uncle for the articles of a serial at Sahara one- Kohinoor.. which was loosely based on "The da vinci code"... and i saw some posts at IF... i at that time didn't join.. but then i did when the serial ended abruptly ๐Ÿ˜† becoz i was sooo angry at the serial makers๐Ÿ˜ก.. i needed an outlet to burst out!!๐Ÿ˜†
Your favourite artist(music): Not one in particular but Many many many... Celine dion.. John Elton (The Lion King's Music especially๐Ÿ˜ณ it is currently my fav.).. Strings.. Hadiqa Kiyani.. Junoon..Junaid Jamshed.. Sunidhi Chauhan..Kunal Gnajawala.. and a lot of Chinese pop music artists whose names are unknown to me becoz of my inability to read chinese language๐Ÿ˜†
Your favourite debator on I-F: Looong lisht!!๐Ÿ˜‰ Instead of debator..i make it "Debators".... Tanaz, Aparna di, Sowmyaa di, Javs, Rajju di (Dazlingflower), jetmania these are all my good friends too๐Ÿ˜ณ .. Then there is Minnie, mkzara, vishesh, pradarshak,bubble gum, Buffie(despite the fact that i MUST have a dictionary at hand to understand her arguments๐Ÿ˜†).. and many more... they make topics very interesting๐Ÿ˜Š

Your experience at the DC-III: Great!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒIt was an extensive research work.. i googled out westernization, globalization, modernization and found PDF files books too... It was a surprise for me that mostly people are arguing the fact that does modernization requires westernization? and i found immese material for it.. There were many other forums discussing this topic too.. but sometimes the debate went somewhere else๐Ÿ˜• I can say that if somebody wishes to find a good source of material on the topic ON A FORUM, it is here at DM.. Not becoz i participated it but i literally filtered the internet and complied it with Tanaz's and Eisha's help..

Then i went for anthropology research.. i was completely dump at the subject and knew nothing! becoz i never took history as a subject ... i searched Encyclopedia Brittanica, Encarta and Wikipedia for different anthropologists, theories, industrialization, cultural anthropology, etc. I learned a LOT in this process..

The thing i most enjoyed was my team work with Tanaz and Eisha.. we first of all categorized the material.. Tanaz went for religious History, i went for the Theoretical matter and Eisha went for Current fashion and lifestyle changes.. then when our research was complete, we tried to prepare ourselves for the opposite arguments..i used to bring up the arguments and Tanaz and Eisha used to rebut them.. it was an exercise which was fantastic and prepared us well..

when we were tired we used to pick our Himmy miyaan (himmesh reshamiyaa) and used to laugh at his tunes and it was a riot๐Ÿ˜† .. especially Eisha n Tanaz.. they used to go mad at him๐Ÿ˜†.... e.g his songs.. and sometimes we used to make parody of his songs...and BOY!! it was fun... i enjoyed it a lot!!๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Your Hobbies: Hmm.. Internet, TV, chatting, sometimes going through Britannica, picking my mom๐Ÿ˜†..and acting like a 5 year old in front of her and being a brat!!๐Ÿ˜†.. debating with my papa.. PMing my friends at DM.. being at DM!!..chatting with my sisters, nieces and nephew. writing (im being busy now.. but i will re-join it soon)..listening songs.. the list is endless๐Ÿ˜‰
What are you currently reading: Ur questions๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†
Your ambition: WOW!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒBeing a TOP class Accountant at one of the Big 4 companies.. joining UN someday..Travelling the whole world...being a successful entrepreneur one day..to be a journalist.. writer.. painter.. highly sporty person... and yeah.. i forgot the martial arts...๐Ÿ˜† flying Aeroplane...there is much much more.. i will edit when i will remember๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜›
If there was one thing you could do which would be certain that you will succeed in it, what would that be: After a grueling experience in life.. i have come to one conclusion: "hardwork, Will power, ability to dream and accomplish" .. i can do anything!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

So , every one plz put forward your questions to Maryam and welcome her on the hot seat this week !๐Ÿ˜›

Maryam pleasure to have you !!๐Ÿค— FUN having ur questions๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค—

Edited by MNMS - 17 years ago

Originally posted by T.

yay! mnm ๐Ÿค—

will come back to grill you properly when i have time! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! ๐Ÿ˜›

I knew it u will be the 1st one to reply on this post!!.. Wonder my intution abt ur grilling comes true too๐Ÿ˜•..๐Ÿ˜†

Maryammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ๐Ÿค— Yay!!! so nice to see you on HOT HOT seat!! ๐Ÿ˜› ...muhaaaa ๐Ÿ˜ˆ i'll be back with my questions but could not stop by saying you CONGRATULATIONS!! ๐Ÿ‘ you look very beautifull sitting on that hot seat ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Sowmyaa di.. plz have mercy ๐Ÿ˜ณ .. u ppl are scaring this little "Red riding hood" ๐Ÿ˜‰ too much ๐Ÿ˜†
my first set-

1. where do you prefer to live S. arabia or Pakistan? why?
2. what language do you speak at home?
3. what is ur fav. subject at school?
4. who live in ur family right now?
5. what countries have u visited?
6. you story ana- are you one of the character in the story?
7. what does your siggy mean? and what language is that?
Asante Sana
Squash Banana!
Wewe Nugu
Mimi Apana!!

for now this is enough. will come back again ๐Ÿ˜›
Congrats Maryam! ๐Ÿ‘

Get ready to face a barrage of beamers...Coming Sooon! ๐Ÿ˜†
Thanks SolidSnake.๐Ÿ˜Š..At least now im ready (after recovering from the shock๐Ÿ˜† rather it was a plesant one๐Ÿ˜‰)

First of all thanks you Sowmyaa di๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿค—  here are the answers๐Ÿ˜›:

Originally posted by sowmyaa

my first set-

1. where do you prefer to live S. arabia or Pakistan? why? Hmm..Tough question i am faced every time i visit Pakistan(ppl ask this a lot๐Ÿ˜›). Well to say that S. A is my 2nd home is absolutely true.. im more of habitual of the lifestyle here Whereas in Pakistan u live differently.. im talking about the people behaviour. People are very friendly in Pak but To tell u the truth, Women are more free in terms of society perceptions than in Pakistan. Here women have jumped into so many faculties and in Pakistan too. But I guess In South Asian societies there is more "pointing at the woman in different aspects" than here. Where as in SA people don't point fingers. On a personal level my sisters are in Pakistan.. so i Love to visit Pak !! This isn't a biased opinion but in general wht i got to learn through my visits to Pakistan. So it is living in S. A๐Ÿ˜Š 

2. what language do you speak at home? Urdu, Punjabi (my parents) and English (sometimes .. when im talking to papa in a discussion)

3. what is ur fav. subject at school? At school in 10th grade, it was Maths and Physics, Biology too (becoz of my teacher). Add up urdu becoz i used to top in that (though i didn't like the poetry of meer-taqi-meer and to do that explanations๐Ÿ˜›)

4. who live in ur family right now? Me and my parents๐Ÿ˜Š
5. what countries have u visited? Only Pakistan.. Though we were thinking of visiting Lebanon or Egypt this year.. Thank GOD the plan wasn't materialized due to busy days.

6. you story ana- are you one of the character in the story? Ahh well.. Anny.. that naive girl..๐Ÿ˜† (im remembering one of my friends telling me that she also relates to Anny ๐Ÿ˜‰).. U can find traces of Maryam in Anny.. but not too much.. actually she represents the "set of girls" i have seen. due to pressure for the past 20 days i couldn't work on the story.. but there are more shades to Anny than just being wht she is at the moment!๐Ÿ˜‰ (I am not letting that out .. Trade secret!!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†)

7. what does your siggy mean? and what language is that?  It is african language "Swahili".. and i have taken it from the chant of "Rafiki" in "The Lion King"๐Ÿ˜†
Asante Saana      - Thank you very much
Squash Banana!  - Squash Banana
Wewe Nugu         - U r a Baboon
Mimi Apana!!        - And i am NOT !!๐Ÿ˜†

for now this is enough. will come back again ๐Ÿ˜› ME in COMMANDO position- Har dum tayyar Jawan๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†