Namrata Thapa wants to try negative roles

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Though TV artistes bask in name and fame, yet they feel that it is not enough. Wanting something more to satiate their creative hunger, these artistes are always on the lookout for roles that have depth of creating an indelible impression on the audience.

One such artiste is Namrata Thapa who has featured in serials like Kya Haqeeqat Kya Haadsa, Mahima Shanidev Ki, Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli, Jhilmil Sitaron Ka Aangan Hoga and Badalte Rishton Ki Dastan in her kitty.

Though Namrata Thapa has been busy shooting 20 days a month, yet she cannot get over her creative vacuum because of the nature of the roles. Says the actress, "For an artiste, money is not the most important. Though soaps and serials have created their own cocoons, nobody wants to explore beyond."

Continues she: "The same family structure, saas bahu, premika and nothing more. Thus comes in an urge to do different, new roles. I am tired of doing the same roles with different setup and different makeup. Till now, I have done positive roles but now I want to do negative characters."

source: from rival site